advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
How many deer hunted with an AK-15?
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 02, 2022 08:14PM
Pheasant? Quail? etc etc

I do not understand “don’t take my gun” when they try to outlaw AKs and assault fire arms from purchase. Military style guns have no place in hunting anything but humans in wartime.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How many deer hunted with an AK-15?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 02, 2022 08:34PM
The appeal of an AR platform sam, is that they are very versatile.

I have a number of different uppers, which are the business part of the platform, where the barrel is. Just 2 pins hold them on. Depending on target shooting, long distance shooting or hunting, a different upper is used. You can easily have them in different calibers, which is what I have. I have one specifically for hog hunting in Texas, and possibly here in Washington, when they become more of a problem.

They do come in a shotgun variation, but they really aren't suited for bird hunting. You could hunt deer with slugs though, depending on the state. AK platforms can come in shotgun style too.

As with many things in life sam, just a fraction of the people @#$%& something up for everything else. But, as my partner always reminds me change, or resistance to change, frequently comes from a small vocal few. womens' rights, civil rights, gay rights, it's a vocal few who drive things. For every loudmouth redneck shaking their rifle in the air, there are 50 people quietly going about their business hoping they can go an entire lifetime never firing a shot in anger. Even my partner seldom knows I am carrying a pistol, unless it is a road trip, then I always do.

I don't know if there are any concrete numbers sam, but I would be willing to bet that more deer have been harvested worldwide with the Russian-created 7.62x39 AK round than any other caliber. Millions and millions of Russian SKS rifles have been converted to hunting configuration. My hog rifle upper is 7.62x39 for example. Limited range, but perfect below about 200 yards.

A typical AK is more about its reliability, and cache because of it's association with rebellion. You can hunt thin skinned game like deer or pigs with one, but its range is limited to about 200 yards, and you need to use a 5 round magazine to adhere with most hunting laws.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 08:53PM by Racer X.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 02, 2022 08:58PM
AR/AK-15 are sortta' like an appendix, an additional unneeded appendage to the human body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 09:03PM by RgrF.
Date: June 02, 2022 09:09PM
RgrF
AR/AK-15 are sortta' like an appendix, an additional unneeded appendage to the human body.

Actually, it is a repository for good bacteria, that sometimes goes out of balance. In the young, it is an important part of their immune system. As we age, it becomes less important as the rest of our immune system takes over.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 02, 2022 09:28PM
Racer X
But, as my partner always reminds me change, or resistance to change, frequently comes from a small vocal few. womens' rights, civil rights, gay rights, it's a vocal few who drive things.

Funny, I seem to recall millions of people marching and voting for those rights you cited. Not 'a vocal few'. Perhaps that's what's basic to your whole wrong-headed approach.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 02, 2022 09:50PM
Racer, my understanding is that the round from an AR-15 tends to tumble. It seems like that would decrease its accuracy, although increase tissue damage in whatever it hits.

Doesn’t sound very sporting to me.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 02, 2022 10:11PM
Racer X

I have a number of different uppers, which are the business part of the platform, where the barrel is. Just 2 pins hold them on. Depending on target shooting, long distance shooting or hunting, a different upper is used. You can easily have them in different calibers, which is what I have. I have one specifically for hog hunting in Texas, and possibly here in Washington, when they become more of a problem.

They do come in a shotgun variation, but they really aren't suited for bird hunting. You could hunt deer with slugs though, depending on the state. AK platforms can come in shotgun style too.

As with many things in life sam, just a fraction of the people @#$%& something up for everything else. But, as my partner always reminds me change, or resistance to change, frequently comes from a small vocal few. womens' rights, civil rights, gay rights, it's a vocal few who drive things. For every loudmouth redneck shaking their rifle in the air, there are 50 people quietly going about their business hoping they can go an entire lifetime never firing a shot in anger. Even my partner seldom knows I am carrying a pistol, unless it is a road trip, then I always do.

I don't know if there are any concrete numbers sam, but I would be willing to bet that more deer have been harvested worldwide with the Russian-created 7.62x39 AK round than any other caliber. Millions and millions of Russian SKS rifles have been converted to hunting configuration. My hog rifle upper is 7.62x39 for example. Limited range, but perfect below about 200 yards.

A typical AK is more about its reliability, and cache because of it's association with rebellion. You can hunt thin skinned game like deer or pigs with one, but its range is limited to about 200 yards, and you need to use a 5 round magazine to adhere with most hunting laws.

And how many angles can dance on the head of a pin?
Date: June 02, 2022 11:37PM
pdq
Racer, my understanding is that the round from an AR-15 tends to tumble. It seems like that would decrease its accuracy, although increase tissue damage in whatever it hits.

Doesn’t sound very sporting to me.

The original 223/5.56 round does that. BUT, there are many states where that round is NOT allowed. Washington State the minimum is a .243 caliber, I strongly think it is for just that humane reason. I believe most hunters are pretty decent people why don't want any needless suffering. .300 BO, which is ballistically similar the the Russian 7.62x39 is becoming pretty popular for deer and pigs. It is a 223/556 case expanded to take a .30 bullet. I have the Russian round for a safety reason. Too long to want to elaborate here.

The beauty of the AR platform, is you can have different uppers. Currently I have a heavy .223 Wylde for target shooting, and a light 7.62x39 for boar. If I ever hunt anything big, I'll use my dad's elk bolt action .30-'06 rifle. It's a beautiful rifle. My "AR-10" is pretty heavy to take out hunting.

Oh, this is key. The lower is the serialized part, so you can have an upper just shipped to you. Without the lower, where the trigger assembly is, the upper is just a metal club. An AK is all in one. You can't realistically buy just an AK receiver, or swap calibers.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2022 11:39PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: June 03, 2022 04:36AM
Thanks Racer X, I didn’t know that type of gun was actually used for hunting.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 03, 2022 06:21AM
Racer, thank you for a reasoned, fact-filled answer without politics. You put it much better than I could of, although we have the same understanding.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Mr645
Date: June 03, 2022 06:36AM
AR is not common for hunting because it's just not powerful enough, too small caliber for anything larger than a wild hog or small deer. The shorter barrel is also not ideal for longer distances.

But the little AR is pretty good for self defense, sport shooting, is very reliable, typically light weight and easy to use safely. Just a really well designed rifle.

And the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, it's about the right to protect yourself and your family.
Date: June 03, 2022 06:38AM
There is usually a 5rd magazine limit for hunting. It applies to any rifle. If you are hunting with a pistol, I don't think I have ever heard of a limit on the magazine size. However, usually it is a large caliber revolver used for hunting. I do have a 10mm Glock that others sometime use for hogs/wild or feral pigs.

The term Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) is what is becoming a mainstream name for all the "AR-15" derived rifles. It is an easier way to encompass the names for large family of rifles with a common platform.

They really can be, and are, used for hunting.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 03, 2022 06:50AM
Mr645
And the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting, it's about the right to protect yourself and your family.

Kind of funny that its so indirect about it -

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: June 03, 2022 07:05AM
And just so we're clear, AR doesn't and never did stand for assault rifle. The rifle was originally designed by ArmaLite Rifle. Hence the AR designation. Colt bought the rights in the late 1950's and submitted the design to the ATF in the early 1960's as a sporting rifle. This was prior to the US Military adopting the M16 (military version of the AR-15).
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 03, 2022 07:16AM
Racer, excellent summary and factual as always. Thanks.

Semiautomatic rifles are the bugaboo of politics because they are 'military looking'. They are also the darling of media for the same reason. And as a result there is a subculture that has fetishized the 'assault rifle' style weapon, wearing fatigues, body armor, and generally cosplaying as a spec ops soldier. (See Gravy SEALs or Meal Team Six)

Any gun in the hands of a nut can kill.

[www.thevintagenews.com]
Date: June 03, 2022 07:43AM
Racer X

Well, you could also use a spear for hunting, or a grenade launcher. But people generally don’t, because there are better weapons - or tools, as you like to call them - for that.

The AR-15 and similar knock-offs are not designed for hunting, regardless of it’s “flexibility”; it’s designed to wound or kill people, which it does more and more these days.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 03, 2022 08:19AM
pdq
.. it’s designed to wound or kill people, which it does more and more these days.
pdq,
Every single gun since their first invention has been originally designed to wound or kill people. And can be used to kill animals as well. A gun is nothing more than a machine designed to throw a bullet.
Date: June 03, 2022 08:26AM
Racer X
There is usually a 5rd magazine limit for hunting. It applies to any rifle. If you are hunting with a pistol, I don't think I have ever heard of a limit on the magazine size. However, usually it is a large caliber revolver used for hunting. I do have a 10mm Glock that others sometime use for hogs/wild or feral pigs.

The term Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) is what is becoming a mainstream name for all the "AR-15" derived rifles. It is an easier way to encompass the names for large family of rifles with a common platform.

Racer, how much "hunting" do you do with your guns?

You're not really about the use of semi-automatic rifles for hunting are you; your many other posts prove that. It's just an easy diversion from the human carnage that's taken place.
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: June 03, 2022 09:35AM
I'm a bit confused by the point of this thread; paraphrasing, is it along the lines of:
"the only legitimate use for privately-owned firearms is for hunting (of deer); certain types of firearms are not ideally suited for that; ergo - those types of firearms should not be privately owned."?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 03, 2022 09:56AM
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 03, 2022 01:56PM
Date: June 03, 2022 02:05PM
Acer

He doesn't mention what he carried in Afghanistan, but it was most likely a M-4 rifle. Based upon the M-16 and is select fire - 1 shot, 3 round burst and possibly full auto. This is a military weapon. Just because something looks like it doesn't make it the same.
Posted by: August West
Date: June 03, 2022 02:05PM

I will venture a guess that there is no appeal of the AR platform for a significant majority of Americans. There is none for me.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Date: June 03, 2022 02:13PM
well, I tried to just explain the particulars about the AR platform, and the AK platform. I really did.

And I hunt hogs in Texas with the 7.62x39 upper. The "AR-10" I built is for long range shooting out to 1,000 yards plus. It is a lot of fun with mental math on the fly, and using a little wind meter to calculate wind corrections, and just a touch of the Coriolis Effect because the Earth is rotating while the bullet is in flight for one second.. I might possibly hunt deer this fall with dad's Winchester. Depends on how my surgery goes.

[www.youtube.com]
Date: June 03, 2022 02:24PM
August West

I will venture a guess that there is no appeal of the AR platform for a significant majority of Americans. There is none for me.

I will venture a guess that there is no appeal to have intercourse with your same gender for a significant majority of Americans. There is none for me.

But that is a right as well. We have a very diverse country. Embrace it, warts and all.

[www.youtube.com]
Date: June 03, 2022 03:13PM
macphanatic
Acer

He doesn't mention what he carried in Afghanistan, but it was most likely a M-4 rifle. Based upon the M-16 and is select fire - 1 shot, 3 round burst and possibly full auto. This is a military weapon. Just because something looks like it doesn't make it the same.

Here we go again. Endless lessons in definitions. If it's not a 1 shot, 3 round burst and possibly full auto, then it's as harmless as a flintlock?
Date: June 03, 2022 03:28PM
I do NOT want to be shot with anything, especially the massive projectile from a flintlock or percussion rifle.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 03, 2022 04:02PM
I knew plenty of people who hunted without AR-style weapons when I was a kid. Maybe today's hunters are spoiled little posers who can't hit the side of a barn with a regular hunting rifle.

Date: June 03, 2022 05:38PM
$tevie
I knew plenty of people who hunted without AR-style weapons when I was a kid. Maybe today's hunters are spoiled little posers who can't hit the side of a barn with a regular hunting rifle.

Or maybe they want to be able to switch uppers and hunt different game with the appropriate caliber? With a bolt action, lever action, or pump action, you are essentially lock into one caliber. You can convert, but that is frequently more than the cost of purchasing a second rifle or shotgun.

.204 is great for culling a colony of diseased rodents, so the rest may live, then switch to .300 BO or 7.62x39 and hunt hogs or deer, then up to a .450 for elk or moose. Only one rifle.

States derive most of their funding for state parks operations from hunting/fishing licenses from what I understand. Washington is, I think, 80% last time I read.

Individuals here might not value hunting, but if you use your state's parks, you reap the benefits.

And also stevie, perhaps many of them were using rifles that were family rifles that were a father's or grandfather's or uncle's? That is incredibly common. If so, the AR platform wasn't really around in our parent's and grandparent's day. My dad was born in '28 His dad in, well the 1800s. My uncle in 1940. My dad hunted deer and elk in the '50s after coming home from Korea. No "AR platform" on the civilian market. My uncle hunted in the '50s and '60s. Same thing.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2022 05:49PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 04, 2022 08:11AM
Heck, I knew people who used SKSes for deer to stock their freezers after pulling the stock fixed 10-round magazine and replacing it with a fixed 5-round magazine.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: June 04, 2022 08:52AM
What does hunting have to do with the 2nd amendment?

No military has ever used the AR-15, it's not a military grade, or assault weapon.

Most hunting rifles are far more powerful than the AR-15, many fire just as fast, hand guns fire just as fast as AR-15 rifles.

Events like at the medical center re-enforce why the 2nd amendment is so important.
Date: June 04, 2022 08:58AM
Essentially, we need the second amendment to protect ourselves from the second amendment.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 04, 2022 09:05AM
Acer
Essentially, we need the second amendment to protect ourselves from the second amendment.

Yep.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: August West
Date: June 04, 2022 09:57AM

Here we go again. Endless lessons in definitions.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Date: June 04, 2022 04:18PM
Acer
macphanatic
Acer

Here we go again. Endless lessons in definitions. If it's not a 1 shot, 3 round burst and possibly full auto, then it's as harmless as a flintlock?

Lewis and Clark carried one of these. Very effective and high rate of fire for it's day.
Date: June 04, 2022 05:18PM
Bill in NC
Heck, I knew people who used SKSes for deer to stock their freezers after pulling the stock fixed 10-round magazine and replacing it with a fixed 5-round magazine.

Absolutely. the 7.62x39 is a great 200 yard deer round. Lots of sporter stock retrofits and scope mounts.

[www.youtube.com]
Date: June 05, 2022 11:17AM
Okay, so far I’ve learned:

All guns are designed to kill people (really? Even my .22 rifle I had as a kid - that was “designed to kill people”? A two shot bird gun? Competition target-shooting rifles?)

The AR-15 is not useful or appropriate for hunting.

It is useful for hunting, since one can change the parts around so you don’t have to have more than one gun (and how many folks who hunt with an AR-15 have only one gun?)

More deer are shot with Russian AK rounds than any other.

An AR-15 is not a military rifle, even though it is highly lethal, and designed on the same platform as the M-16, which is. Unless that AR-15 is used as for deer hunting, and a veteran says he would not bring a deer rifle to Afghanistan, in which case it is a military rifle, more or less.

Also Lewis and Clark carried a compressed air-powered rifle, which, unlike what the provided link says was very effective (at…what? Rapid-fire hunting? Self-defense? Target shooting?)

dunno smiley

Here’s a fact for you: Getting shot and killed has now become the leading cause of death for children and teens.

The rest is a blizzard of BS that even gunners can’t agree on.
Date: June 05, 2022 04:12PM
pdq
Amen.

Posted by: vision63
Date: June 06, 2022 12:14PM
$tevie
pdq
Amen.

And in the end the grocery store does all the hunting for you, so what's the the point of shooting animals for no good reason? If the stores ran out of food, gotta do what'cha gotta do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2022 12:14PM by vision63.
Date: June 06, 2022 08:57PM
vision63
$tevie
pdq
Amen.

And in the end the grocery store does all the hunting for you, so what's the the point of shooting animals for no good reason? If the stores ran out of food, gotta do what'cha gotta do.

I've got 2 loaves of banana bread in the oven using eggs from my partner's brother's chickens, and when they are done, I will be cooking chicken breasts from said chickens. Last year's Thanksgiving turkey was hunted on his property.

Apples and peaches before too long.

Because YOU buy your food at the store does not mean each and every other person in the US does. But you know that to be true.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 07, 2022 01:47AM
shhhhh. I'm in Oakland hunting the elusive wild turkey..

Date: June 07, 2022 08:42AM
Racer X
Because YOU buy your food at the store does not mean each and every other person in the US does. But you know that to be true.

Completely missing the point (yet again)...

You don't NEED to shoot your own food. You're killing for entertainment only.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: June 07, 2022 08:57AM
DeusxMac
Racer X

Nope, no, the average hunter is not killing for entertainment. Animal population control is a huge reason that people hunt. If deer, for example, don't get culled, then the overpopulation of deer will cause all sorts of environmental issues, from vegetation getting decimated, to deer painfully and slowly dying due to diseases. My BIL hunts, usually gets one, maybe two deer per season. Those deer get us (extended family) venison that will replace hamburgers or steaks. Healthier and better for the environment.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Date: June 07, 2022 09:17AM
I'm in PA, deer-car collision capital of the nation. My landscaping needs prison camp fences for protection. So I got no problem with hunting deer. Most hunters I know personally do eat what they take.

On the other hand, any change to management laws to control deer populations more tightly is met with fierce resistance from hunters.
Date: June 07, 2022 09:35AM
Sam3
DeusxMac
Racer X

Nope, no, the average hunter is not killing for entertainment. Animal population control is a huge reason that people hunt. If deer, for example, don't get culled, then the overpopulation of deer will cause all sorts of environmental issues, from vegetation getting decimated, to deer painfully and slowly dying due to diseases. My BIL hunts, usually gets one, maybe two deer per season. Those deer get us (extended family) venison that will replace hamburgers or steaks. Healthier and better for the environment.

I disagree. When our suburb gets too many deer, they hire someone to come in and cull them; we don’t need recreational hunters for that.

And yes, I think the average hunter hunts for entertainment or recreation. I think they enjoy it. After deer season, I don’t know how many times I’ve been offered deer sausage or venison because “their freezer is full of it” and they have no more room - it’s not to feed their families, and I’d venture they often spend more on hunting than they would if they just went to the grocery store.

And listen, I eat meat, so I recognize I just have someone else do my killing for me. So I don’t have a problem with hunting per se (although I don’t agree that it’s healthier food). I personally find it creepy that there are people that enjoy killing animals, but that doesn’t affect me or my world, other than the unnecessary spillover effects to gun policy.

An AR-15 may be considered by some to be an excellent hunting weapon; that doesn’t mean that we have to have them in our society when other hunting rifles are perfectly fine. As I’ve said elsewhere, dynamite is excellent for “fishing”; that’s not particularly sporting, nor a good argument for selling it at Walmart.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 07, 2022 09:38AM
“ shhhhh. I'm in Oakland hunting the elusive wild turkey.. “

Date: June 07, 2022 09:48AM
Sam3
DeusxMac
Racer X

Come on. RollingEyesSmiley5That's nothing but specious rationalizations.

- Hunting is unquestionably a SPORT, a RECREATION. The arms manufacturers' industry organization calls itself the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute.

- Deer are not the only animals gun fans hunt. Is the duck population overwhelming the U.S. and in desperate need of otherwise uninterested hunters to save them from "painfully and slowly dying due to diseases."?

Acer
On the other hand, any change to management laws to control deer populations more tightly is met with fierce resistance from hunters.

Hmmm... why do you suppose those "animal control" hunters would "fiercely resist" formal deer management control???
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 07, 2022 09:59AM
“ met with fierce resistance from hunters “

As are natural predators.
Date: June 07, 2022 12:11PM
Venison tastes good. So does a Canada Goose.

We are trying to stop the wholesale slaughter of human beings. Don't let the gun nuts drag you off on a tangent.

Date: June 07, 2022 11:53PM
DeusxMac
Sam3
DeusxMac
Racer X

Come on. RollingEyesSmiley5That's nothing but specious rationalizations.

- Hunting is unquestionably a SPORT, a RECREATION. The arms manufacturers' industry organization calls itself the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute.

- Deer are not the only animals gun fans hunt. Is the duck population overwhelming the U.S. and in desperate need of otherwise uninterested hunters to save them from "painfully and slowly dying due to diseases."?

Acer

Hmmm... why do you suppose those "animal control" hunters would "fiercely resist" formal deer management control???

A lot of the funds for game management come from fishing and hunting licenses.

And as of this Jan 2013 brochure from the US Forest Services website

[www.fs.fed.us]

U . S . H U N T I N G
By The Numbers
• 13.7 million hunters
• $ 38.3 billion in total expenditures
• $ 86.9 billion in overall
economic output
• $ 26.4 billion salaries and wages
• 680,937 jobs
• $ 5.4 billion in state and local taxes
• $ 6.4 billion in federal taxes"

They also acknowledge that the number of hunters in 2011 is closer to 16 million, based on those who didn't hunt, but planned to do it again soon.

[www.pewtrusts.org]

"State wildlife agencies are responsible for a great deal of the conservation work and species management in the United States. That includes restoring habitats, managing invasive species, monitoring pollution, recovering at-risk species and tracking wildlife diseases.

Unlike most agencies, they typically receive very little revenue from tax dollars. Nearly 60% of their funding comes from hunting and fishing revenue, including license fees and taxes on gear sales, according to a survey by the Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies."

"Growing Numbers

Michigan saw a 67% hike in new hunting license buyers this year compared with 2019, a 15% increase in female hunters and moderate growth in many younger age brackets. The state also sold 46% more apprentice licenses, a discounted option that allows new hunters to give the sport a try under the supervision of a mentor.

“The groups that we've been wanting to get engaged with hunting for years and years are the groups we’re seeing now,” said Dustin Isenhoff, marketing specialist with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources. “We have over 100,000 new hunting customers this year. That's a big opportunity for us to work with those folks to keep them involved.”

While many states don’t yet have complete data for this year, early reports are encouraging. Nevada saw a 30% jump in hunting licenses and put 50% more people through its hunter safety class. Maine sold a record number of deer permits, amid a 9% rise in hunting—with young adult hunters and women making up its fastest-growing groups.

Washington graduated more than twice as many residents from its hunter safety program than it did last year, while hunting license sales were up 8% compared to the same period in 2019. Idaho sold 28% more hunting and fishing licenses to first-time buyers. Texas offers a “Super Combo” license that includes hunting and fishing, which sold at a 7% higher clip than the previous hunting season."

"Many states saw a dramatic rise in residents taking a hunter safety class for the first time. Some reported growth in young, female and first-time hunters—groups that hunting advocates have been trying to recruit for years, in hopes of slowing the demographic decline. Gun sales have also spiked dramatically this year, with industry leaders citing both the increase in hunting and concerns about social unrest."

[outsider.com]

Hunting is important on multiple levels, but none more so than the funding it provides to fuel wildlife and habitat conservation efforts throughout North America,” he told Fox News. “From license and stamp purchases that support state natural resources agencies and habitat projects to Pittman-Robertson Act funding — an excise tax on guns, ammunition and other equipment that provides hundreds of millions of dollars per year for wildlife management — hunters remain the nation’s most dedicated conservationists.”"

"More than just filling coffers, hunters also help wildlife agencies with population control. They also report what they see while in the wilderness, helping rangers keep up with disease outbreaks and potential crimes. "

The only words that came from me are this one sentence, and those highlighted in blue.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2022 12:10AM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Acer , Bo , kj , pqrst
Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020