advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
DeSantis at it again...
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 03, 2022 10:29AM
Florida's governor has bypassed the legislature and has asked the state medical board (comprised of members he chose) to ban all transgender care for minors. Also released was a 46-page report to justify banning Medicaid coverage for transgender people of any age who want puberty blockers, hormone therapies or gender-reassignment surgery. The move goes against findings by numerous medical professional organizations that support treatment for gender dystopia. DeSantis wrote that “Florida must do more to protect children from politics-based medicine.”

Switching gears, he also line-item vetoed funding in the state budget for a Tampa Bay Rays training facility after the team tweeted out support for gun control. DeSantis has actively used the power of the state to punish private companies that speak out against his wishes.

DeSantis is widely seen as a presidential candidate who is playing to Trump's base.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DeSantis at it again...
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 03, 2022 10:53AM
The second amendment won't be activated to take out a tyrant. It will be used to help tyrants like him realize their vision of a perfect Amerika.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: June 03, 2022 11:45AM
Great another wackadoodle - the question is "how do we prevent this guy from winning the nomination?"

Give it some serious thought...

Do we sign more people up to vote regardless of party?

Do we talk the Lincoln Project to go to town on him?

What? The Dems are going to need all the help they can get.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 03, 2022 01:07PM
Lizabeth
Great another wackadoodle - the question is "how do we prevent this guy from winning the nomination?"

What would be great is if a traditional conservative person (you know, that think that politicians should not use government to tell businesses what to do) would run as a third party candidate against DeSantis (or Trump or any of that ilk). They probably wouldn't get a lot of votes but there might just be enough conservative voters with a modicum of integrity that would decide that voting for them would be better than voting for DeSantis to keep DeSantis from winning.

And we need to get as many liberals/progressives to register and vote as possible (thank you, vision63).

e pluribus unum
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 03, 2022 01:24PM
Lizabeth

You only need to convince one man - tucker Carlson

Posted by: davester
Date: June 03, 2022 01:59PM
mattkime
Lizabeth

You only need to convince one man - tucker Carlson

That would be like trying to convince the devil to install air conditioners in hell.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: hal
Date: June 03, 2022 02:11PM
Ombligo
Switching gears, he also line-item vetoed funding in the state budget for a Tampa Bay Rays training facility after the team tweeted out support for gun control. DeSantis has actively used the power of the state to punish private companies that speak out against his wishes.

right move for the wrong reasons. They shouldn't be giving money to a football team.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 03, 2022 02:40PM
hal
Ombligo

right move for the wrong reasons. They shouldn't be giving money to a football team.

Who's the quarterback?
Posted by: Janit
Date: June 03, 2022 02:44PM
DeSantis wants to ban treatment for gender dystopia?

I would think that gender dystopia is what he is trying to create.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 03, 2022 02:53PM
It seems a foregone conclusion that predictions of a dystopian future are coming to fruition day by day. Cooler heads might've prevailed at one time, but now the kookbiscuits are winning the battles day in and day out.

When Mike Pence starts looking like a reasonable alternative, you know it's over.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 04, 2022 01:32AM
It seems a foregone conclusion that predictions of a dystopian future are coming to fruition day by day.

As I've said, it looking more and more like a Handmaid's Nation.

Red caps and red hats.

Coincidence?

It seems each new day brings some new whacko push in that direction, with less than a chance in hell of them becoming real.

Really real.

It's almost enough to make someone paranoid.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 04, 2022 10:59AM
“Florida must do more to protect children from politics-based medicine.”

WTF does that mean?

If parents support it and medical professionals advise it, that's not politics.

If the government bans it based on religious pretexts against the science, then that is @#$%& politics.

As usual, every accusation is a confession.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 04, 2022 11:15AM
Lux Interior
“Florida must do more to protect children from politics-based medicine.”

WTF does that mean?

If parents support it and medical professionals advise it, that's not politics.

If the government bans it based on religious pretexts against the science, then that is @#$%& politics.

As usual, every accusation is a confession.

So true. thumbs up

e pluribus unum
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 04, 2022 03:01PM
Sounds like this guy should make an excellent Republican president. They will need bigger MAGA hat, however, for their slogans. Is mom or apple pie on the list yet?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 04, 2022 03:39PM
Acer
The second amendment won't be activated to take out a tyrant. It will be used to help tyrants like him realize their vision of a perfect AmeriKKKa.

Fixed it for you

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020