advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Gohmert complains that republicans aren't allowed to lie to FBI or in congressional hearings
Posted by: hal
Date: June 03, 2022 04:33PM
video: [twitter.com]

Rep Louie Gohmert on Navarro indictment: "If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you"

what is the world coming to!!??
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Gohmert complains that republicans aren't allowed to lie to FBI or in congressional hearings
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 03, 2022 05:13PM
He's a life long politician just admitting what many pols think and do. Lying is their God given right.
Re: Gohmert complains that republicans aren't allowed to lie to FBI or in congressional hearings
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 03, 2022 05:27PM
I am not, nor have I ever been a politician, but I sure know that lying to any sworn member of federal law enforcement is a felony. That is one reason for the face-to-face meeting with a TSA agent for TSA pre check or Global Traveler credentials. If something happens later, they have you on a felony, and its recorded.

WTF is wrong with politicians?

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2022 05:29PM by Racer X.
Posted by: timg
Date: June 03, 2022 05:52PM
Trump convinced them that they were all above the law.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 03, 2022 06:02PM
timg
Trump convinced them that they were all above the law.

Yes. They're being shocked into reality.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 03, 2022 07:02PM
Racer X
That is one reason for the face-to-face meeting with a TSA agent for TSA pre check or Global Traveler credentials.

I got PreCheck and my wife got Global Entry. I only had to provide documents in person to a third party screening company for PreCheck, not directly to a government agency. My wife did need to meet in person with TSA for Global Entry.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 03, 2022 07:18PM
GGD
Racer X
That is one reason for the face-to-face meeting with a TSA agent for TSA pre check or Global Traveler credentials.

I got PreCheck and my wife got Global Entry. I only had to provide documents in person to a third party screening company for PreCheck, not directly to a government agency. My wife did need to meet in person with TSA for Global Entry.

Thanks. I knew at least one involved a face to face with The Man.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 03, 2022 07:35PM
Our face-to-face for global entry was mainly to get our fingerprints electronically copied for the airport kiosk. Otherwise, it was just unrelated small talk, took 10 minutes for both of us combined (not counting the 90 minute drive to get there).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 03, 2022 10:03PM
Gohmert sounds like a crazy person these days. Everything he says is irrational.

Posted by: bfd
Date: June 03, 2022 10:14PM
It's like they're all completely disconnected from reality. All of them. All sides. It'd sure be nice to clean house this fall, but all the kookbiscuits lined up as possible replacements are 100x worse.

Good people don't last for long as politicians.
OMFG.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 04, 2022 01:11AM
Rep Louie Gohmert on Navarro indictment: "If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you"

That's an actual quote, not a forum editorialization.

I had to follow the link to get the 'actual' quote.

Maybe I shouldn't be by now, but I'm stunned.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Re: OMFG.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 04, 2022 01:54AM
RAMd®d

That's an actual quote, not a forum editorialization.

I had to follow the link to get the 'actual' quote.

Maybe I shouldn't be by now, but I'm stunned.

I think the sea change we’ve seen, that has badly damaged the country, is over the last few years Trump, and others (and yes, I’ve come to believe that includes foreign state elements) have normalized the adoption of one’s most noxious thoughts and positions as one’s public persona.

There is no ‘inside voice’ anymore. There are no longer things you don’t say out loud. Everything but the nuts and bolts planning of criminal activity is out on the table.

It is now conceivable that, if the course is not reversed soon, the arrival of some ‘Great Unifer’ perhaps, we could suffer the collapse of the country.

An overstatement? I’m not sure such a thing is possible anymore.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2022 04:09PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 04, 2022 09:26AM
$tevie
Gohmert sounds like a crazy person these days. Everything he says is irrational.

It's a change from just sounding like a stupid person all of the time.

I guess Boebert stole that crown from him.
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 04, 2022 01:23PM
RgrF
He's a life long politician just admitting what many pols think and do. Lying is their God given right.

That is why we all should be Republicans. Home fee. Louie said so.

I think he was a judge before he became a politician who’s mouth equals Another Republican named Rudy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 160
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020