advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Yeah! More COVID
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 06, 2022 09:26PM
3 more kids at my partner's daycare/preschool tested pos.

Background. Her school is co-located in a retirement community, and owned by them. Reasonably common everywhere but in the US.

Anyway, all residents, all staff, and all of the kids get tested twice a week. She gets results Wed for Monday's tests and usually on Sat or Sunday for the Thursday tests. KIds who were away for a while, need a negative test before they can come back. Or, if infected, multiple neg results to prove they are well, and not infectious.

Anyway, her building as a whole, has about a 7% pos rate at any given time. Kids under 5 are a significant number of those.

Parents think that since THEY are vaxxed, that toting the kids around and going to birthday parties and petting zoos and damn near everything else, is perfectly reasonable, because it doesn't effect the kids that badly. Meanwhile, COVID keeps on going strong. The danger is real to adults, who even vaxxed, are still at risk.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2022 09:28PM by Racer X.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Yeah! More COVID
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 06, 2022 09:49PM
Mah freedumbs.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 06, 2022 10:22PM
So you're concerned about how COVID effects people but not concerned about how guns effect people?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 06, 2022 10:45PM
That is an unfortunate grouping of different risk profiles.

I wonder how many asymptomatic cases they're finding.

Anyway, I think its a little unfair to expect parents to keep kids social isolated for an indefinite number of years.

There have been a couple of covid cases at our daycare but its nothing like what one might expect - perhaps due to asymptotic cases and vaxxed adults.

Date: June 06, 2022 11:07PM
mattkime
That is an unfortunate grouping of different risk profiles.

I wonder how many asymptomatic cases they're finding.

Anyway, I think its a little unfair to expect parents to keep kids social isolated for an indefinite number of years.

There have been a couple of covid cases at our daycare but its nothing like what one might expect - perhaps due to asymptotic cases and vaxxed adults.

The kids still go to childcare with other kids. They aren't socially isolated. A birthday party for a 1 yo is not a social event for the 1 yos. Its a party for the adults. The kids won't even remember it the next day. Their brains don't work that way yet.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 07, 2022 09:59AM
RgrF
So you're concerned about how COVID effects people but not concerned about how guns effect people?

The passion is appreciated, but even for compartmentalization there is a time and a place.

7. No stalking. If you start following someone around just to kick them in the balls every chance you get, say "adios".

(Not playing mod, I’d just hate to lose your contributions, even for awhile.)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 07, 2022 10:40AM
You must be located in a rural setting? Nearly everyone around here had covid or their household had it and a few seemed to avoid it. I've only met a few people who haven't had it. My friend in town from the west coast hasn't yet contracted it, but probably soon, given that he travels to the east coast.
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 07, 2022 11:36AM
Death fixes stupid. old fogey smiley
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: June 07, 2022 01:13PM
Most people still don't seem to understand that whether or not someone is vaccinated, they can still transmit Covid even if they aren't symptomatic. In my area we have had many cases as a result of this.
Date: June 07, 2022 03:34PM
mrbigstuff
You must be located in a rural setting? Nearly everyone around here had covid or their household had it and a few seemed to avoid it. I've only met a few people who haven't had it. My friend in town from the west coast hasn't yet contracted it, but probably soon, given that he travels to the east coast.

nope, middle of Seattle, where it all began in the US around December 2019.

No one in our household has had it. We are careful and fully vaxxed and boosted twice,

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 07, 2022 04:51PM
Racer X
mrbigstuff

No one in our household has had it. We are careful and fully vaxxed and boosted twice,

That you know. I would have made the same claim if not for blood donation checking for antibodies.

Date: June 07, 2022 08:03PM
mattkime
Racer X
mrbigstuff

That you know. I would have made the same claim if not for blood donation checking for antibodies.

PCR tests show pos if you have had an infection in the past 90 days, even if asymptomatic. She has been getting PCR tests twice a week for work. Her kid gets regular blood work for his Crohns, including COVID testing, and I just had an extensive blood panel last week, including for COVID markers trying to rule it out for excessive lung inflammation. I suppose the kid and I could have caught it last week and are asymptomatic.

We are all grateful. It killed her mom the day after Christmas 2020.

She'll get the next batch of test results for the child care center tomorrow. It's never ending.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2022 08:04PM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020