advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Idaho police facing death threats after Patriot Front members’ arrests, chief says
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 14, 2022 11:00AM
Time to stand up against the Swedish immigrants polluting our shores, right, Righties?

Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, officials on Monday said that they received death threats after arresting 31 members of a white nationalist group near a Pride event.

During a press conference on Monday, Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Lee White said there was a ”50/50 split” between those who have expressed support for officials following the arrest and those who have reached out with anger and threats.

The first 50 percent “are happy to give us their name and tell us that they’re proud of the work that we did and they’re happy to be a part of this community,” White said.

“The other 50 percent, who are completely anonymous, who want nothing more than to scream and yell at us and use some really choice words, offer death threats against myself and other members of the police department merely for doing our jobs,” he added.

During Monday’s press conference, the police chief was joined by Coeur d’Alene Mayor Jim Hammond, who said, “We are not a city that wants to discriminate. We are not a city who wishes to bring any hurt upon anyone.”

“It’s important because Coeur d’Alene has experienced that before. We’re not going back to the days of the Ary@n Nations. We are past that, and we will do everything we can to make sure that we continue to stay past those kinds of problems,” the mayor said.

Their remarks came as an update after police on Saturday responded to a tip about a large group of people wearing matching outfits and masks and arrested 31 people with ties to the Patriot Front.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Idaho police facing death threats after Patriot Front members’ arrests, chief says
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 14, 2022 11:12AM
Very fine people on both sides!
Re: Idaho police facing death threats after Patriot Front members’ arrests, chief says
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 14, 2022 12:12PM
Looking thru the mug shots, it's like inbred soldiers of doom.

Christian nationalists, fascists, white supremacists, Nazis (real Nazis, nothing neo about them), 2A nuts. The whole toxic stew.

Some are probably kids of @#$%& Nation people, I'd like to see the addresses because usually they are from all over.

I sometimes see the flags around here and it creeps me out.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 14, 2022 03:14PM
That part of the country is really messed up. Starts in far northern Cali, moves through southern Oregon and swipes up through Idaho. A real overrepresentation of full on asshats, @#$%&, and kookbiscuits… too bad, too. That's a beautiful part of the country otherwise …
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 14, 2022 03:15PM
Nonstop fun in that area…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2022 03:15PM by bfd.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 14, 2022 03:58PM
Lemon Drop
Christian nationalists, fascists, white supremacists, Nazis (real Nazis, nothing neo about them), 2A nuts. The whole toxic stew.

Deplorable.

wink smiley
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 14, 2022 04:16PM
Lemon Drop

Some are probably kids of @#$%& Nation people, I'd like to see the addresses because usually they are from all over.

CBS Idaho News
”Those arrested came from at least 11 states, including Washington, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Illinois, Wyoming, Virginia, and Arkansas… “

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: June 15, 2022 06:18AM
Sounds like the same kind of people True denounced dozens of times.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 15, 2022 06:25AM
Apparently “Blue Lives Matter” is highly conditional.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 15, 2022 08:12AM
Mr645

Typo, or is this a new MAGAt thing?

Posted by: gabester
Date: June 15, 2022 08:52AM
How many of the people reaching out to Idaho police about this are
1) speaking out of both sides of their mouths (that is, putting their name on their statement of support while anonymously harassing them)
2) indubitably people might reach out to state support once. I suspect the anonymous harassers frequently and multiply reach out.

The real numbers are probably closer to 70/30 in support/against.

g=
Posted by: kj
Date: June 15, 2022 04:19PM
Lemon Drop

The inbred statements sounds a lot like some pretty vial stuff I've been reading on reddit about fetal alcohol syndrome etc. I personally think it's best to avoid commenting on physical appearance (or assumptions about physical construction) and focus on behavior and the beliefs that may contribute to that behavior.
Date: June 15, 2022 04:23PM
DeusxMac
Mr645

Typo, or is this a new MAGAt thing?

Convenient denialism typo, claiming Trump denounced BLM protestors despite BLM protestors not actually being who this is about. Cognitive dissonance makes it impossibly not an option for Proud Boys to threaten law enforcement. Just like they never did that 1/6/21, either.
Date: June 15, 2022 04:28PM
deckeda

It's equally apparent that goes both ways. Most cops are doing the best they can, what the cda police did does not surprise me in the least. They did their job, and did it well.

I'm not aware of any way they could verify all the calls coming in to them are from people in the area, so who knows what that means exactly. They shouldn't receive any calls like that, but people should be careful what they infer from them.
Date: June 17, 2022 09:13AM
kj
deckeda

It's equally apparent that goes both ways. Most cops are doing the best they can, what the cda police did does not surprise me in the least. They did their job, and did it well.

I'm not aware of any way they could verify all the calls coming in to them are from people in the area, so who knows what that means exactly. They shouldn't receive any calls like that, but people should be careful what they infer from them.

Huh? I wasn’t criticizing police here. The story is about how they’ve been threatened by regressives. Who cares where the calls came from? These days pressure comes from all over. It’s a nation-wide movement. I first read about this story from a paper published more than thousand miles away from the topic.
Date: June 17, 2022 01:01PM
You are a progressive defending the police? Imagine that! It goes both ways.

blue lives matter attacking police (your statement)

black lives matter defending the police (you)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 17, 2022 02:29PM
deckeda

Yep.

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020