advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour?!.....Jan 6th Committee releases video of the tour on eve of riot....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 15, 2022 11:14AM
....given by Loudermilk.....

Jan. 6 panel releases new surveillance video of tour given on eve of riot

Rep. Loudermilk, who led the tour, has refused requests from the committee to provide more information about what he was doing that day.

.....The Jan. 6 Committee on Wednesday released new footage of a man who on Jan. 6 outside the Capitol made violent verbal threats against top Democratic lawmakers and who the day before had been taken on a tour of House office buildings by Rep. Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga.

The man is heard in a video outside the Capitol threatening Democrats Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

In the days after the deadly riot, Democratic lawmakers raised concerns about tours given of the Capitol complex, which had been closed to members of the public due to pandemic restrictions.

The surveillance footage released Wednesday shows Loudermilk giving a tour to a small group — some wearing red caps — as some individuals take photos of Capitol staircases, tunnels and security checkpoints that are used by lawmakers and staff members daily.

The video does not identify the man. Or provide any evidence that he or other members of the tour Loudermilk led entered the Capitol complex on Jan. 6, when a mob of supporters of Donald Trump tried to block his election defeat.

The video includes pictures the Jan. 6 committee says the attendees of Loudermilk's tour took, including the outside of Nadler's office and what appears to be an office directory for the Judiciary Committee, with the photos of Democratic lawmakers.

“There is no escape Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler — we’re coming for you,” the man says in the video. “We’re coming in like white on rice, for Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler, even you AOC. We’re coming to take you out, and pull you out by your hairs. How about that Pelosi.

“Might as well make yourself another appointment. When I get done with you, you’re gonna need a shine up on top of that bald head.”

Loudermilk initially denied that he gave any tour on Jan. 5, 2021; when more evidence came out, he denied any wrongdoing. The Georgia Republican, an ally of Trump, has refused to meet with the Jan. 6 committee investigating the attack on the Capitol.

On Tuesday, Capitol Police Chief Thomas Manger said in a letter that the Loudermilk tour was not suspicious and that the group never entered the Capitol building itself, though individuals were seen in the footage taking photographs of the underground tunnel systems that were used to conduct evacuations of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

tour a loo ra loo ra....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2022 11:15AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour?!.....Jan 6th Committee releases video of the tour on eve of riot....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 15, 2022 12:23PM
Looks legit; I always take photos of stairways in case I want to rip the hair from the head of a House leader. It might be a good idea to up the resolution on the cameras for the next insurrection. Those chin diapers are doing nothing to disguise the wearers.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2022 12:25PM by Speedy.
Re: a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour?!.....Jan 6th Committee releases video of the tour on eve of riot....
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 15, 2022 12:27PM
Those chin diapers are doing nothing to disguise the wearers.

I saw that and thought maybe it's just somebody exercising their freedom as much as possible, without getting kicked out.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: June 15, 2022 02:31PM
Loudermilk initially denied that he gave any tour on Jan. 5, 2021; when more evidence came out, he denied any wrongdoing.

Ah, yes.

1) It never happened
2) If it did happen, I wasn't involved
3) If I was involved, it wasn't a big deal
4) If it's a big deal, then the democrats have done worse
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 15, 2022 02:48PM
In January 2021, the public was not permitted inside the Capitol due to COVID. So the good Rep. had to have known he was doing something a bit unusual for his special Red Hat guests.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 15, 2022 03:07PM
Lux Interior
Loudermilk initially denied that he gave any tour on Jan. 5, 2021; when more evidence came out, he denied any wrongdoing.

Ah, yes.

1) It never happened

The echo chamber chimed in:

The Capitol ‘Reconnaissance’ Smear (Wall Street Journal)

If the Jan. 6 select committee wants to have more bipartisan credibility, how about apologizing to Georgia Rep. Barry Loudermilk? The Republican was vindicated this week after false accusations that he had provided “reconnaissance” tours for Capitol rioters...

That was...umm...yesterday, before the guy taking photos of evacuation tunnels (while on a tour with Loudermilk) was shown on video marching on the Capitol and threatening violence to Pelosi, AOC, Nadler, and so on.

Oopsies.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 15, 2022 03:12PM
So they need to subpoena the Rep and also the phone records of the "family" on the tour whose kids wanted to see the choo-choo train that Reps ride on. (Does anyone see kids in the video?)
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 15, 2022 03:58PM
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 15, 2022 05:03PM
I kinda doubt Loudermilk was aware this guy was scoping things out, but as noted above, it doesn’t help that Loudermilk first denied even hosting the tour. The more decent thing would have been to say he didn’t know this guy was intending to do what he did, and decrying the threats this guy voiced.

But that kind of decency doesn’t play very well among the GOP base these days.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 15, 2022 05:18PM
I'd like to see images of WHAT these people were taking pictures OF...

The couple on the right stop, step back to the right to move out of the camera guy's way.

What's on that wall? Perhaps a directory? Perhaps a hallway map?
Posted by: hal
Date: June 15, 2022 06:12PM
from the video I saw, that guy appeared to be taking pics of picture frames, but msnbc is trying to make it look as evil as possible
Posted by: August West
Date: June 15, 2022 08:23PM
Lux Interior

Ah, yes.

1) It never happened

smiley-laughing001

“Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it."

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 16, 2022 05:44AM

Rah. Rah. Rah.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 166
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020