advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
New Mexico commissioners certify vote after standoff
Posted by: steve...
Date: June 17, 2022 08:42PM
I guess doing your job is better than going to the pokey.

Otero County commissioners opted 2-1 to certify the results during an emergency meeting as New Mexico counties faced a deadline.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Commissioners in a New Mexico county have certified the results from their primary election after spurring a standoff over election integrity that was fueled by conspiracy theories about the security of voting equipment.

Otero County commissioners opted 2-1 to certify the results during an emergency meeting as New Mexico counties faced a deadline Friday for certification of the vote. The two who voted to certify said they had no choice under state law and could be only a rubber stamp.

The commissioners also acknowledged an order by the state Supreme Court and subsequent threats of legal action by the Democratic state attorney general.

While there has been no evidence of fraud, the actions by the commission in rural Otero County had threatened to disenfranchise more than 7,300 voters in the politically conservative area of southern New Mexico.

Politico

Edit: The commissioner who voted not to certify:

Couy Griffin, a New Mexico county commissioner, ardent election-fraud conspiracy theorist and founder of Cowboys for Trump, avoided more jail time on Friday for his role in the January 6, 2021, US Capitol attack.

He was sentenced to 14 days with time served, fined $3,000 and given one year supervised release with the requirement that he complete 60 hours of community service.

KTVZ.com

Northern California Coast

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2022 11:34PM by steve....
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New Mexico commissioners certify vote after standoff
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 18, 2022 07:09AM
The Otero standoff triggered similar attacks on the certification process in other counties. Protestors angrily demanded that local boards refuse to certify results despite there being no irregularities. To their credit, the boards all certified the results.

This is just the start, I really fear this fall's election. I was going to volunteer to be a poll worker, something I've wanted to do for years. But living in red hat conspiracy central, it just is not worth the risk.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Re: New Mexico commissioners certify vote after standoff
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 18, 2022 07:37AM
Yup, the rabble have been roused.

You're in Florida so couldn't you just sit at the voter sign-in table surrounded with defensive weapons of your own choice?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 82
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020