AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
GOP leadership does not want him to run but he's threatening to
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 18, 2022 09:48AM
Conservative big wigs gathered in Nashville last week:

[apnews.com]

Interesting dilemma.
He keeps stirring the 2024 pot. I don't think his narcissistic personality can do anything else. His rally attendance is luke warm at best, and GOP leadership badly wants to harness Biden's woes to get 2022 and 24 victories.

But they need a different candidate, and the contenders need to be at work by this fall. A Trump run will bring fractured Dems together like nothing else, and they know that.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GOP leadership does not want him to run but he's threatening to
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 18, 2022 10:40AM
Pres. Trump will win if he runs.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 18, 2022 10:41AM
Maybe they should support locking him up.
Date: June 18, 2022 10:47AM
Speedy

Didn't work in 2020, and he's less popular now.

I don't think the big donors would back him anyway. They've moved on.
Posted by: samintx
Date: June 18, 2022 11:09AM
Speedy

?????? Really?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2022 11:10AM by samintx.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 18, 2022 11:22AM
samintx
Speedy

?????? Really?

I agree.

Don't forget how hard republicans have worked to disenfranchise minority voters, gerrymander, and rig the electoral college. Don't overlook how scared and ignorant and hyped up with blood-lust they've kept their own constituents.

For the forseeable future, it will take an overwhelming record-breaking outpouring of democratic voters in each and every federal election to make a dent.

And how energized do you think the dems are? I doubt the turnout will be enough. Republicans are a shrinking minority, but they run this country now regardless of who is in the White House. They will run it for a long time to come. We're simply f-ed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2022 11:23AM by Tiangou.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 18, 2022 11:25AM
Since President Trump was the real winner of the 2020 election and is our real president now, 2024 would be a third term, for which he would not be eligible.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 18, 2022 11:26AM
Lemon Drop
Speedy

If Biden runs, there is an excellent chance Trump would win.

The house will flip in 2022, that alone will insure nothing Biden wants will be done. The last two years were largely squandered. Given inflation, and a possible recession he will lose a number of swing votes. That may be all it will take.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 18, 2022 11:28AM
Lemon Drop
Speedy

I don't think the big donors would back him anyway. They've moved on.

Don't forget "It's the economy stupid". And that's going to be blamed on Biden and any opponent can just say that they'll do a much better job even if they have absolutely no plan for how.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 18, 2022 12:10PM
GOP leadership - does that exist? Apart from Trump? Where are they? What have they been doing?

Wait, are you talking about Tucker Carlson?

Date: June 18, 2022 01:17PM
samintx
Speedy

?????? Really?

I'm with you Sam.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 18, 2022 01:42PM
Lemon Drop
samintx
Speedy

?????? Really?

I'm with you Sam.

me too - no way trump gets another chance...
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 18, 2022 02:35PM
hal
Lemon Drop
samintx
Speedy

?????? Really?

I'm with you Sam.

me too - no way trump gets another chance...

My gut tell me the same.

Then again, my gut also told me there was no way Trump could get elected in 2016.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 18, 2022 03:09PM
There have been a few columnists at the WSJ recently who have tepidly warned their readers against another run by Trump, but their language is so ingratiating and cautious that they amount to nothing. With the exception of a few well-known outliers, I think a large majority of the Republican Party right now consists of cowards and liars.

May be behind a paywall - try using Reader View:

[apple.news]

[www.wsj.com]

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 18, 2022 03:23PM
I don’t think he’ll actually run. More like pretend to, and use it for more grifting.

He’s not looking that healthy, not to mention that recent testimony proved him to be out of his mind.

The Repugs don’t really have it made. Lots of their candidates will suffer from Tea Party syndrome, and Trump has no
clear successor to unite the deplorables. I predict lots of name calling, infighting, and backstabbing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2022 03:24PM by btfc.
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: June 18, 2022 04:13PM
Tiangou
samintx
Speedy

?????? Really?

I agree.

Don't forget how hard republicans have worked to disenfranchise minority voters, gerrymander, and rig the electoral college. Don't overlook how scared and ignorant and hyped up with blood-lust they've kept their own constituents.

For the forseeable future, it will take an overwhelming record-breaking outpouring of democratic voters in each and every federal election to make a dent.

And how energized do you think the dems are? I doubt the turnout will be enough. Republicans are a shrinking minority, but they run this country now regardless of who is in the White House. They will run it for a long time to come. We're simply f-ed.

I don't know if I can handle two years of waiting and dreading this. Not kidding.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 18, 2022 05:34PM
November 5, 2024 is just over 28 months away.

A lot can happen in 28 months.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 18, 2022 05:35PM
it'll be Pence by '24. The 'pubs' will look for a safe bet in Mikey.
No one knows f all about him and he'll be sold as the protector of democracy and a god fearing man.
And Nikki will join him.
They are both younger than I and that's what will be sold in '24 after 2 owm. Both very recognizable names.
The 'pubs" will sell to the middle and leave the extremists behind.

JB is gonna have a very hard time. The Dems got cocky after Obama and dropped the ball. They and the HRC campaign figured they had it in the bag. They haven't even made an attempt to develop anyone.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen a damn thing the dems have to sell other than 5¢ mickys ... again.

I feel bad for my dad, and others who served in II, who must be rolling and tumbling in their graves.
He may be dead, but I can hear him swearing.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: vision63
Date: June 18, 2022 06:25PM
I'll see to it that that nastybitch never wins anything ever again.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 18, 2022 09:20PM
I’m guessing there’s a very good chance the last, great Republican Thing You Don’t Say Out Loud is that Trump is a literal time bomb. As high maintenance as possible, and never really under control.

It seems to me that the murmurs that remain behind is that January 6th was the last terrifying piece of the puzzle for all but the true unfit for office Trump coattail riders, was that getting out of his four years was a near miss on the destruction of the country and ruining their delicately balanced con game.

There has to be a nice handful still having nightmares about what would have happened if the yahoos had had just a little more luck on their side and killed Pelosi or Pence, let alone both.

So if Trump mounts a campaign for 2024, I will not be shocked to see a ’Madison Cawthorn’ befall Trump.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 18, 2022 09:28PM
Speedy

Sorry Speedy. No way.

I’m all for keeping him around and trying, tho. He can suck money away from DeSantis and hapless Cruz.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020