advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Mass Shooting San Antonio
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 19, 2022 08:24AM
Only solution is BBQ Security Militia with More Gunz!

“For now, seven people shot out in front of the house barbecuing, a drive-by, multiple rounds fired, two dead, five injured. Two females, five males,” he summed it up. “Two males deceased.”

The seven people were shot about 10 p.m. as a family was barbecuing outside a house, while multiple children were inside, San Antonio Police Department Chief William McManus told reporters during a press conference.

McManus said that an unspecified number of people drove by the home and “unloaded” between 20 and 30 rounds.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mass Shooting San Antonio
Posted by: lost in space
Date: June 19, 2022 08:40AM
Damn. This morning as I was opening my MBP, for the first time I wondered to myself, "Where is today's mass shooting?" I fear that soon there will be more than one every day.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 19, 2022 08:53AM
link?

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 19, 2022 09:00AM
mattkime
link?

[www.nbcnews.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 19, 2022 10:02AM
Right near me, less than 10 miles. In "the Hood"

Sadly, nothing new. Its just a bunch of Mexicans, so this is a drive by, same as it has been since the 1980s.

When the Newtown terrorist attack happened, I broke down crying. Someone close to me, who lost people in the damn near constant driveby shootings in the 90s told me this:

"Its only news because it was rich white kids! Black and Mexican kids were murdered every week in the hood in the cities. Nobody cared.

And nobody will stop this from happening again, because people with guns love them more than anything else!"

I wish she was wrong. I survived one one of those shootings as a teenager. They never made national news. If they did, the subtext was "What's wrong with those darn <INSERT RACIAL PEJORATIVE HERE>?"

People gonna buy their GUNZ!
People will keep dying.
Putin will win.

Happy effin' Father's Day.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2022 10:05AM by Rolando.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 19, 2022 10:18AM
At this point Putin is winning and the I love my country "Patriots" still have no idea they are being used to destroy their own country.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 19, 2022 10:52AM
RgrF
At this point Putin is winning and the I love my country "Patriots" still have no idea they are being used to destroy their own country.

Yep!

Posted by: Mr645
Date: June 21, 2022 05:52AM
Minorities with illegal guns. There ought to be a law
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 21, 2022 08:14AM
Mr645
Minorities with illegal guns. There ought to be a law

No, there ought to be fewer guns.

It’s been done with other countries (even countries with -gasp- “minorities)”, and they’ve seen dramatic decreases in gun deaths.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 21, 2022 08:24AM
The list of people who have committed mass shootings includes the following:

Young.
Old.
Majorities.
Minorities.
Money.
No money.
Prior Criminal record.
No prior criminal record.
Diagnosed mental health issues.
No known prior mental health issues.
Illegally obtained weapons.
Legally obtained weapons.

What do they have in common? Guns.
Oh, and they are nearly exclusively men.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020