Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
America's children
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 19, 2022 02:05PM
[aaastateofplay.com]

Freeradical's op on the other side:

"Cities with the most and least children under the age of 18.

Only 13.4% of San Francisco's population is under the age of 18.

The U.S. average is 22.3%."

This is fascinating info, my first reaction was kind of political so moving it over here: the children are in the Southwestern US. Not surprising as the birth rate has fallen among nearly all groups.

In 2020, 1 in 5 US pregnancies ended in abortion. One of the higher rates, following years of a declining abortion rate.

Too soon to say why, but it's clear the pandemic played a role.

Demographics of the next 20 years will be interesting.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: America's children
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 21, 2022 11:14AM
Our economy will go the way of Japan’s unless we open our southern border to let in all the young people willing to come to the USA.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 21, 2022 01:22PM
Speedy
Our economy will go the way of Japan’s unless we open our southern border to let in all the young people willing to come to the USA.

Agree. Older folk can come too.
Posted by: kj
Date: June 21, 2022 07:07PM
My thought is that it's too expensive to have kids. I also think there is a move away from "family with children" being a valued lifestyle.

I would also like to see the the southern border opened because they tend to end up conservatives. Plus, most people who come here from other countries don't seem to be nearly as messed up, as far as priorities, etc. We've become infatuated with minutiae, and people from other countries often seem to understand what a real problem is.

Abortion doesn't affect population because fetuses aren't people. They're just little blobs of cells.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 22, 2022 02:26PM
Speedy

We should have a goal to double our population in the next few decades. Either that or learn Mandarin, as they say.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 22, 2022 02:46PM
mrbigstuff
Speedy

We should have a goal to double our population in the next few decades. Either that or learn Mandarin, as they say.

So we can beat the Chinese at overpopulation and pollution! Am I right? smiley-gen013
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 23, 2022 12:14AM
kj
My thought is that it's too expensive to have kids. I also think there is a move away from "family with children" being a valued lifestyle.

My neighbors and their 12 kids are doing just fine thanks to near endless public assistance.

though, to be fair, all the kids have the same 2 parents.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 12:15AM by Racer X.
Posted by: kj
Date: June 23, 2022 05:27PM
Racer X
kj

My neighbors and their 12 kids are doing just fine thanks to near endless public assistance.

I don't like that, but what is "just fine". I doubt it's the "just fine" most people aspire to nowadays. I remind my kids all the time they each are basically a "Ferrari". I'm joking, but a lot of people now take the Ferrari (or whatever floats their boat) given the choice.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 23, 2022 05:44PM
Racer X
kj

A life dependent on food stamps and indignities we, as a society, heap upon them is certainly nothing to aspire to. Your attitude toward them is a good example of why we don't seem to be able to take an approach most European societies have taken with their lower echelons, one built on compassion rather than one built on guilt.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 23, 2022 07:01PM
Racer X

Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 23, 2022 08:40PM
RgrF
Racer X
kj

A life dependent on food stamps and indignities we, as a society, heap upon them is certainly nothing to aspire to. Your attitude toward them is a good example of why we don't seem to be able to take an approach most European societies have taken with their lower echelons, one built on compassion rather than one built on guilt.

different cultures, different values. Compared to their relatives in their home country, they are doing great.

My partner and I really like the girls and young ladies. Some show some real @#$%&, and they adore our cat Ash, and loved his deceased sister Misty. The youngest 2 cried when they heard Misty passed. The brothers are not a credit to their culture however. Mom is suspicious of everyone and everything, and the dad can go from pleasant to raging @#$%& in under a second. He abandoned his broken truck half in my backyard, and swore at me when I asked if he could move it 8 feet.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2022 01:30AM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020