advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
After Cornyn blames jeers at Texas GOP on ‘mob,’ gun rights group demands apology
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 21, 2022 08:43AM
from Dallas Morning news (paywall)
Time to strike back on COMMIE CORNYN

After Cornyn blames jeers at Texas GOP on ‘mob,’ gun rights group demands apology
Texan leads GOP Senate team on response to Uvalde massacre and insists he won’t trample Second Amendment rights.
By Todd J. Gillman
3:10 PM on Jun 20, 2022 CDT

WASHINGTON — Jeered at the Texas Republican convention for his role in Senate gun talks and drowned out by chants of “No red flags,” Sen. John Cornyn dismissed the booing GOP delegates as a “mob.”

That did not go over well with some gun owners. On Monday, one hard-line gun rights group demanded his apology “for mocking his law-abiding constituents.”

Cornyn had not responded to the demand as of Sunday evening.

“John Cornyn is the definition of a two-faced politician. He claims to support the Second Amendment, but is actually working to eviscerate our gun rights by cutting deals with anti-gun Democrats — and when his constituents publicly held him accountable, he called them a mob,” said Dudley Brown, president of the National Association for Gun Rights.

The group claims 4.5 million members and is demanding that “gun-free” school zones be abolished, insisting that would be a better response to the Uvalde school rampage on May 24, which left 19 children and two teachers dead, than anything under consideration by the bipartisan group Cornyn has been working with.

“I will not under any circumstance support new restrictions for law-abiding gun owners,” Cornyn assured delegates to the state GOP convention Friday in Houston. “That will always be a red line. Despite what some of you may have heard, the framework that we are working on is consistent with that red line.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: After Cornyn blames jeers at Texas GOP on ‘mob,’ gun rights group demands apology
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 21, 2022 08:47AM
from the convention--

Re: After Cornyn blames jeers at Texas GOP on ‘mob,’ gun rights group demands apology
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 21, 2022 09:24AM
Steve G.
from the convention--

That he is holding a communist-designed weapon seems quite appropriate. That it has been the most used weapon in coups around the world makes it even more fitting.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 21, 2022 09:39AM
DAmmit.. the SENSIBLE gun owners need to step in and organize. I expect they wildly outnumber the whack jobs.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 21, 2022 10:27AM
cbelt3
I expect they wildly outnumber the whack jobs.

Probably not.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 21, 2022 11:14AM
Speedy
cbelt3
I expect they wildly outnumber the whack jobs.

Probably not.

I don't know. 15-20 years ago I would expect them to outnumber the gun nuts, but in recent years?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 21, 2022 11:29AM
The sensible gun owners lack the passion of the others. As Cornyn’s example shows, there’s no talking to radicals. What’s far easier is for sensible owners to sit back and let the more caffeinated crowd fight their battles for them.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 21, 2022 12:49PM
deckeda
The sensible gun owners lack the passion of the others.

agree smiley

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020