advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Jeffery Clarks home searched by feds
Posted by: hal
Date: June 23, 2022 01:40PM
Federal investigators descended on the home of Jeffrey Clark, a former Justice Department official, on Wednesday in connection with the department’s sprawling inquiry into efforts to overturn the 2020 election, according to people familiar with the matter.

It remained unclear exactly what the investigators may have been looking for, but Mr. Clark was central to President Donald J. Trump’s unsuccessful effort in late 2020 to strong-arm the nation’s top prosecutors into supporting his claims of election fraud.

The law enforcement action at Mr. Clark’s home in suburban Virginia came just one day before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol was poised to hold a hearing examining Mr. Trump’s efforts to pressure the Justice Department after his election defeat.

[www.nytimes.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Jeffery Clarks home searched by feds
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 23, 2022 03:39PM
Would this have been a raid unexpected by Clark, or might he have scrubbed any and all evidence he could have at his domicile?

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 23, 2022 04:18PM
RAMd®d
Would this have been a raid unexpected by Clark, or might he have scrubbed any and all evidence he could have at his domicile?

He was taken out of his house early AM in his pajamas; Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann told Trump DOJ official Jeffrey Clark about his plan to help Trump overturn 2020 election, per testimony — “Congratulations. You just admitted your first act as Attorney General would be committing a felony.”

So the answer may well be: no he didn't think it through or have enough foresight to later "scrub" himself of the odor .
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 23, 2022 04:37PM
Per the committee today, Trump had actually named this joker as his new AG, but walked it back after the whole DOJ said they would resign.

What do I have to lose? said Trump, per committee witnesses…
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 23, 2022 05:02PM
A hearing deposition is your chance to explain yourself. When you plead the 5th, you have given up that opportunity. Now he's open to however they want to use him or charge him with.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: June 23, 2022 05:04PM
RAMd®d

He would have had over 18 months to purge evidence. Unless he has a book in progress.

=TC
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 23, 2022 07:23PM
Even tho I think he was just another schmoe duped by Trump, I kinda hope they hit him hard.

I mean, he deserves it, but it would also make folks think twice about licking Trump’s boots. Trump got nothing out of this guy, so he gave nothing in return.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 23, 2022 07:47PM
pdq
Even tho I think he was just another schmoe duped by Trump, I kinda hope they hit him hard.

I mean, he deserves it, but it would also make folks think twice about licking Trump’s boots. Trump got nothing out of this guy, so he gave nothing in return.

I think this guy is toast.
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 23, 2022 07:47PM
Don't care about sellers on street corners. They need to take down the big Cheeto … if this helps to that end, great!

But it's probably not how J.Clark ever thought he'd get his 15 minutes of fame…
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 23, 2022 07:48PM
The possibility of becoming Attorney General of the United States has an aphrodisiacal aroma that only a few individuals like Elliot Richardson have had the backbone to embrace and elevate.

There have also been some really sadsack sorts like John Mitchell, Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr who've been appointed only to go on to disregard that oath and denigrate the office itself.
Posted by: steve...
Date: June 23, 2022 08:20PM
One of the contributing prosecutors on MSNBC wondered/speculated that maybe the recent hearing postponement may have been to delay it until after investigators could search Clark’s home.

Northern California Coast
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020