advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
At the Trump Treason hearing..
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 23, 2022 02:05PM
The committee played video testimony of Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann who described a Jan. 3, 2021, meeting at the White House and the plan by Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark to overturn the election.

"When he finished discussing what he planned on doing, I said, good @#$%&— excuse me, sorry, effing a-hole, congratulations, you just admitted your first step or act you would take as attorney general would be committing a felony and violating Rule 6(e). You’re clearly the right candidate for this job," Herschmann told the committee.

Trump wanted to replace then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with Clark to help try to reverse the election results. After several Trump DOJ officials threatened to quit, Trump decided against appointing Clark.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: At the Trump Treason hearing..
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 23, 2022 04:33PM
Louie Gohmert asked Trump for a pardon? For anything in particular, or was it just one of those get-out-of-jail-free-card sort of pardons?

Did we know this? It’s hard to keep up…
Date: June 23, 2022 04:44PM
The Hill:

The Jan. 6 committee investigating the attack on the Capitol revealed Thursday that Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.) Mo Brooks (Ala.) Louie Gohmert (Texas) and Andy Biggs (Ariz.) asked for a presidential pardon for their role in voting to overturn election results in certain states on Jan. 6, 2021.

Taped testimony of people who received or were otherwise involved in these requests.

Got some ‘splainin to do.

Or, considering their Deplorable base, maybe this is a badge of honor?

dunno smiley
Date: June 23, 2022 04:51PM
Whoops. Missed a few:

Forbes

Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), Scott Perry (R-Pa.) and Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) all personally asked for pardons, according to Cassidy Hutchinson, who served as an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Hutchinson said in a video deposition that Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) also inquired about a pardon, but did not ask for one personally—she recalled him inquiring about a broad, blanket pardon.

Gaetz heavily pushed for "preemptive pardons" starting in early December 2020 for lawmakers involved with the White House about talks to overturn the election, according to Hutchinson, adding Brooks also pushed for a pardon prior to January 6.

smiley-shocked003

Would the Gaetz pardon have also covered his underage-girls shenanigans?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 23, 2022 05:04PM
Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), Scott Perry (R-Pa.) and Mo Brooks (R-Ala.)

Please sir, may we have some pardons, even though we've done nothing wrong and are blameless of any and everything?

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2022 06:46PM by RAMd®d.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 23, 2022 05:31PM
The rats are running for the exits. I look forward to hearing from Rep. Mo Brooks. He says he is willing fo testify publicly to the committee. Since Trump turned on him and cost him his political career, that should be good.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 23, 2022 05:34PM
Lemon Drop
The rats are running for the exits. I look forward to hearing from Rep. Mo Brooks. He says he is willing fo testify publicly to the committee. Since Trump turned on him and cost him his political career, that should be good.

That will be for the good, too bad nobody will be paying attention to anything but the nozzle they're holding to their gas tank!
Posted by: hal
Date: June 23, 2022 06:05PM
I get the idea that Brooks is incensed by the whole affair - I think he thinks he's gonna get up there and set us all straight that this effort was all about finding the OBVIOUS voter fraud - that no one did anything wrong. He feared corrupt dems coming after him.

Did I mention that some of these people are really, really crazy?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: June 23, 2022 06:56PM
hal
I get the idea that Brooks is incensed by the whole affair - I think he thinks he's gonna get up there and set us all straight that this effort was all about finding the OBVIOUS voter fraud - that no one did anything wrong. He feared corrupt dems coming after him.

Did I mention that some of these people are really, really crazy?

Or he may have had a change of views .. when he lost his primary to a trump backed candidate he said "the bad people have won." Trump's behavior after Biden took office seems to have disturbed Brooks. He will cover his own backside but I think he may hang trump out to dry.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 23, 2022 06:59PM
pdq
Would the Gaetz pardon have also covered his underage-girls shenanigans?

Hey! They're not ALL underage...

Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 23, 2022 07:08PM
So if your freedom or reputation depended on it, would you rely on or give credence to Mo Brooks?
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 23, 2022 07:52PM
RgrF
Lemon Drop

That will be for the good, too bad nobody will be paying attention to anything but the nozzle they're holding to their gas tank!

That was what the fine Congressrat from California, Kevin McCarthy, had to say, too. $1.68 a gallon since Pelosi announced the committee according to him. LMAO. Apparently, the only thing this committee has accomplished - once again according to McCarthy - is to cause an increase in gas prices.

Not to mention an incredible increase in the amount of gas flowing from these felonious Congress traitors.

Where's my pardon?!?!
Date: June 23, 2022 08:55PM
PS - once again, as far as I can tell, no Stepien baby yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020