advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
In case you had any good thoughts about Pence...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 25, 2022 12:30PM
'FlyBoy' still stinks to high heaven.

all in favor of hanging say...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2022 12:30PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In case you had any good thoughts about Pence...
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 25, 2022 12:50PM
Everybody knows who he is and what he's about. It doesn't mean he wasn't useful nor does it mean that he can't possibly "be" useful in some context in the future.
Re: IOn case you had any good tyhoughts about Pence...
Posted by: davemchine
Date: June 25, 2022 12:57PM
Mike Pence has been interesting to watch. He seems genuine in his religious beliefs but politics has stretched him sometimes too far. His failure to speak out on the January 6th event is a problem for me. I could make a list of what I don’t like about Mike but I do like this quote.

‘During the 2016 vice presidential debate, Pence said that his entire career in public service stems from a commitment to “live out” his religious beliefs, “however imperfectly.” ‘
[www.colorado.edu]

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Posted by: hal
Date: June 25, 2022 01:31PM
Pence is who he is, but at least he didn't throw the country away when pressured by the strongest man in his party to do just that. If he had gone all in on this scheme, Trump might be in the Whitehouse today while cases fighting it slowly plod through republican courts.

Pence did a great service to this country - I'll never forget that. He's also a religious rightwinger - I'll never forget that either.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 25, 2022 01:44PM
Having any good thoughts about Mike Pence is nothing but pure folly and fantasy.
Not to worry about here.
==
Posted by: Mr645
Date: June 25, 2022 02:01PM
If Pence does not want an abortion, no one will force him to get one
Re: IOn case you had any good tyhoughts about Pence...
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 25, 2022 02:27PM
davemchine
Pence said that his entire career in public service stems from a commitment to “live out” his religious beliefs, “however imperfectly.”

I would suspect that the 9/11 terrorists would say something very close to this as well.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 25, 2022 05:06PM
I find it hard to praise someone for not committing high treason.

Being 'not insane' really isn't a usual qualification for office. (Or at least it used to be)
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 25, 2022 08:19PM
He didn’t cave to Trump. Whether it was through some form of principle or just a gut instinct that such an outright theft of the election would ultimately be doomed to iridescent failure and he didn’t want his name and face to be number two on the most wanted list, that I am still undecided on.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 25, 2022 09:19PM
Pence did a great service to this country - I'll never forget that. He's also a religious rightwinger - I'll never forget that either.

Credit where credit is due seems fair.

It's not like he wasn't under considerable pressure, so for that and likely only that, he deserves some props.

It's heartening to see that some people recognize that.

Nobody's nominating him for sainthood or a medal, nobody (the nobody's we are concerned with) is saying he's a good guy.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 26, 2022 12:12AM
We would have been better off if pence had caved. At least he and trump world be in jail by now.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 26, 2022 02:05AM
jonny
We would have been better off if pence had caved. At least he and trump world be in jail by now.

Yeah, maybe.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 26, 2022 08:41AM
jonny

You're seeing how hard it is to rid ourselves of tRump when he's lost and election.

It could be impossible if he'd been declared the winner!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 26, 2022 09:10AM
The irony is that if Pence wanted a nationwide abortion ban, he should have allowed the fake electors. But it’s super easy to spout rhetoric when issues aren’t actually yet on the table.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 26, 2022 10:39PM
hal
Pence is who he is, but at least he didn't throw the country away when pressured by the strongest man in his party to do just that. If he had gone all in on this scheme, Trump might be in the Whitehouse today while cases fighting it slowly plod through republican courts.

This. Exactly this.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020