advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
let the word spread throughout the land?!....as Monkeypox continues to spread, Biden administration announces vaccine strategy....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 29, 2022 01:47PM
.....they announced the strategy yesterday......they will offer vaccines in locales where outbreaks are present....about 300,000 doses....

.....so far in the United States, there have been 306 cases of monkeypox identified across 28 jurisdictions. Globally, there have been more than 4,700 cases reported from 49 countries....

.....last week in NY there was a pop-up vaccination [ no notice ], word spread through social media like wildfire and they ended up having to turn a lot of people away.....

US to offer monkeypox vaccines in states with high case rates

.....The Biden administration announced steps to beef up its response to monkeypox on Tuesday, detailing plans to offer more vaccines and more tests to people who are most at risk of getting it – including men who have sex with men and their partners.

The move comes after pressure from states, who have been pushing the administration to release more doses of monkeypox vaccine from the Strategic National Stockpile managed by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the Department of Health and Human Services. Critics have also charged that the United States is not offering enough testing to monitor the spread of the virus, which is thought to be more widespread than current case counts suggest.

The new plan tackles both. It will release more vaccines to areas with the highest case rates, and it will scale up testing, making tests available at five commercial laboratories in addition to an existing network of public health labs.

On Tuesday, HHS also activated the CDC’s Emergency Operations Center to give the agency more flexibility and manpower to manage the nation’s monkeypox response.

The new plan will allocate vaccine doses based on case rates in a state, focusing on men who have sex with men and their known partners, as well as anyone who thinks they might have been recently exposed to the virus as an anonymous partner.

“If you’re among those who have had a known exposure or in a group that is at higher risk for an exposure in the past two weeks, here’s what we’d like you to know,” said CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.

“Vaccination after exposure, or using vaccines for post-exposure prophylaxis, is meant to reduce your risk of becoming infected with a monkeypox virus and then become sick. Vaccination should occur within two weeks of a possible exposure, And the sooner you can get vaccinated after the exposure, the better.”

So far in the United States, there have been 306 cases of monkeypox identified across 28 jurisdictions. Globally, there have been more than 4,700 cases reported from 49 countries, she said.......

vaccine............strategy....................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: let the word spread throughout the land?!....as Monkeypox continues to spread, Biden administration announces vaccine strategy....
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: June 29, 2022 02:04PM
What if infectious disease is a deep state liberal plot to kill anti-vaxxers?
Maybe, by getting vaccinated, the anti-vaxxers can pull one over on said deep state, and have the last laugh.
Re: let the word spread throughout the land?!....as Monkeypox continues to spread, Biden administration announces vaccine strategy....
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: June 29, 2022 02:26PM
Saw a popup vaccination clinic in DC for gay or bisexual men who have had "anonymous sexual partners in the last 14 days."

Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 29, 2022 11:11PM
I wasn't all that worried about it, but now it's in DC and VA.
Also, this article freaked me out:
I Have Monkeypox — Here's What It's Like And What You Should Know
[www.buzzfeed.com]
This guy says all you need to do is have any sort of contact with the lesions. Or with sheets or clothes that were in contact with the lesions. Crapadamndoodle I'm back to not wanting to get on trains and planes and buses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 52
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020