advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Washington Examiner editorial: "Trump proven unfit for power again"
Posted by: hal
Date: June 29, 2022 05:28PM
When you've lost the Washington Examiner....

Trump proven unfit for power again

Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career. Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again.

Hutchinson’s resume alone should establish her credibility. The 25-year-old had already worked at the highest levels of conservative Republican politics, including in the offices of Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (LA), before becoming a top aide for former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows.

In short, Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that. She did not overstate things, did not seem to be seeking attention, and was very precise about how and why she knew what she related and about which testimony was firsthand and which was secondhand but able to be corroborated.

What Hutchinson relayed was disturbing. She gave believable accounts of White House awareness that the planned Jan. 6 rally could turn violent. She repeated testimony that Trump not only knew that then-Vice President Mike Pence’s life had been credibly threatened that day but also that he was somewhere between uncaring and actually approving of Pence’s danger.

She also told, in detail, that Trump repeatedly insisted that he himself should join his supporters at the Capitol — even after being informed the crowd contained armed elements and that it was breaching the perimeter against an undermanned U.S. Capitol Police force.

Also distressing to hear were Hutchinson’s accounts of Trump’s repeated fits of rage, including dining table contents overturned and ketchup dishes thrown violently across the room. The worst by far, though, was that people immediately returning from being with Trump in the presidential vehicle told of the president trying to grab the wheel of the car to force it to be driven to the Capitol and then violently reaching for the neck of Secret Service agent Bobby Engel, who headed the president’s protective detail.

Hutchinson’s testimony confirmed a damning portrayal of Trump as unstable, unmoored, and absolutely heedless of his sworn duty to effectuate a peaceful transition of presidential power. Considering the entirety of her testimony, it is unsurprising that Hutchinson said she heard serious discussions of Cabinet members invoking the 25th Amendment that would have at least temporarily evicted Trump from office.

Trump is a disgrace. Republicans have far better options to lead the party in 2024. No one should think otherwise, much less support him, ever again.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Washington Examiner editorial: "Trump proven unfit for power again"
Posted by: Fritz
Date: June 29, 2022 05:38PM
oh man, I hope his constituency doesn't give up.
If only his SCOTUS noms/placements could be removed.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Wags
Date: June 29, 2022 05:39PM
Wow, the rats are deserting the ship.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]
Posted by: RgrF
Date: June 29, 2022 06:23PM
MAGAs, if they read at all, don't generally pay attention to anything with a Washington label. The editorial is icing. The loss of Murdoch support insured he'll eventually recede in importance and eventually fade from the right-wing GQP scene but not before he loots millions more from his deluded followers.

Trump wont win another election but will remain an unimaginably destructive force in national politics. He can't give that up or the grift will end.

The grifter's email empire:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2022 06:57PM by RgrF.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 29, 2022 10:54PM
Trump is going to lose his sway over people if he ends up a "loser" in prison. Of course, DeSantis will be right there ready and wiling to pick up the slack, but I don't know if he can win over the folks who liked Trump because he was A Billionaire Who Gave It All Up To Serve The Country.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 29, 2022 11:36PM
Wags
Wow, the rats are deserting the ship.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

Which may well be, unthinkably, worse if they flood into the DeSantis camp.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020