advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Still worried about the fist bump?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 18, 2022 01:03PM
TFG's Bedminster club is hosting an LIV "golf" thing soon. (It's cosplay golf.)

His pitch to golfers, who might have the nerve of sticking with an actual golf organization: Just take the money,

[sportsdesk.com.mt]

9/11 families note that more than once, TFG blamed Saudi for 9/11

[www.washingtonpost.com]

See? With every criticism to Biden there is alway an alternative. In this case, it remains putrid.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Still worried about the fist bump?
Posted by: hal
Date: July 18, 2022 01:48PM
I think this alone stops another Trump presidency. The 911 families are royalty in the USA - he can't go and call USA royalty a bunch of losers like he usually does when he's called out. There is too much money involved.

...but that fist bump did happen. Biden did indeed back away from his SA as a pariah nation stance. I'm very embarrassed for Biden. I don't think anyone really believed that we could just ignore SA forever, but that fist bump sure made Biden look flip-floppy.

This is a clear effort in whataboutism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2022 01:54PM by hal.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 18, 2022 02:55PM
Every single one us, using fossil fuels, is colluding with Saudis.

I hear the PGA complain about "Sportwashing" and roll my eyes. They just don't want competition for golfers.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 18, 2022 03:17PM
I don't understand how a fist bump is worse than a handshake. Covid is still here.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 18, 2022 03:48PM
AllGold
I don't understand how a fist bump is worse than a handshake. Covid is still here.

It's not the bump that is the problem, it's the friendly greeting with a killer - a guy that you called a killer and tried to ostracize not long ago.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 18, 2022 05:40PM
9% inflation tends to change a president's perspective. Justice for one man vs millions getting priced out of basic needs.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: July 18, 2022 06:28PM
It upsets me more that the Saudi's seem to be more willing to increase production than our native oil industry.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: July 18, 2022 06:51PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2022 06:52PM by deckeda.
Date: July 18, 2022 06:51PM
hal
AllGold

It's not the bump that is the problem, it's the friendly greeting with a killer - a guy that you called a killer and tried to ostracize not long ago.

It's so weird you think they're "friends" or that Biden "likes" MBS because he didn't approach him with a strong right hook instead.

How did diplomacy and bigger issues become so utterly simplistic?

I take issue with your claim of whataboutism, hal. Trump only cares about personal wealth and grift and doesn't care who he steps on to get it I see no parallels with Biden there, and of course by focusing on the method of greeting you're blithely ignoring WHY he went there. It wasn't to just hang out with a buddy or whatever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2022 06:52PM by deckeda.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020