advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Another Mass shooting...
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 18, 2022 11:18PM
I didn't see this one reported. A group of gunmen shot into a crowd, wounding 5.

But's it's ok, because they shooters were 'good guys'

Questions linger after Denver Police shooting wounds 5
The Denver Police Department is investigating whether five bystanders wounded during an officer-involved shooting were hit with direct fire from an officer’s weapon.

“Is this shrapnel? Is this debris? Is it direct fire? Is it indirect fire? We certainly want to look at all of those,” Chief Paul Pazen said.

Pazen told the Problem Solvers that multiple investigative entities — including the Office of the Independent Monitor and the Denver District Attorney’s Office — are conducting interviews and examining evidence to determine how so many people got hurt and whether the police officers were following policy when they fired their weapons at the suspect, Jordan Waddy, striking him.

[kdvr.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another Mass shooting...
Posted by: Mr645
Date: July 19, 2022 06:00AM
busy weekend. List of known mass shootings

July 17, 2022 Indiana Beech Grove 1100 S 9th Ave

July 17, 2022 Michigan Detroit N/A

July 17, 2022 Indiana Greenwood 1251 US Hwy 31 N

July 17, 2022 Washington Mount Vernon 2301 Freeway Dr

July 17, 2022 Georgia Milledgeville Leo Ct and Nobles Ct

July 17, 2022 Washington Vancouver E 11th St and E McLoughlin Blvd

July 17, 2022 Michigan Grand Rapids 77 Cesar E Chavez Ave SW

July 17, 2022 New York Brooklyn 265 Livonia Ave

July 17, 2022 New Jersey Newark 751 Broadway
Date: July 19, 2022 06:01AM
I found 6 mass shootings on July 16th.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 19, 2022 07:28AM
Yes, Mr645, we have far too many guns.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 19, 2022 07:48AM
Speedy
Yes, Mr645, we have far too many guns.

Waaaay too many.

I presume that he posts these shootings as justification for more guns.

We see things differently.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 19, 2022 08:22AM
Mr645
busy weekend. List of known mass shootings
July 17, 2022 Indiana Beech Grove 1100 S 9th Ave
July 17, 2022 Michigan Detroit N/A
July 17, 2022 Indiana Greenwood 1251 US Hwy 31 N
July 17, 2022 Washington Mount Vernon 2301 Freeway Dr
July 17, 2022 Georgia Milledgeville Leo Ct and Nobles Ct
July 17, 2022 Washington Vancouver E 11th St and E McLoughlin Blvd
July 17, 2022 Michigan Grand Rapids 77 Cesar E Chavez Ave SW
July 17, 2022 New York Brooklyn 265 Livonia Ave
July 17, 2022 New Jersey Newark 751 Broadway

Mr645
I found 6 mass shootings on July 16th.

And what is your point* in these postings?
What conclusions do you believe should be drawn from your data?
Please elaborate.

*Assuming you have one, beyond merely attempts at trolling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2022 08:22AM by DeusxMac.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 19, 2022 12:32PM
Curiously, California is the state with the largest population, yet is not on that July 17 list. We do have quite a large number of individual shootings, some with more than one victim, but the number of high power semiautomatic rifle attacks on large numbers of people has been a little lower than average. I do remember a mass shooting in Riverside where the news showed police officers running into the building even while the shooting was going on, quite different from the Texas exhibition.

Too many guns. It only takes one nut on any given day to go a little crazy and pick up the AR-15.
Date: July 19, 2022 05:11PM
Ca Bob

Too many guns. It only takes one nut on any given day to go a little crazy and pick up the AR-15.

^ this.

I feel like the police in Uvalde are being made the scapegoats. They’re a town of, what, 15,000? And they should have a standing SWAT force? They got to the building within minutes, yet the Texas house report says the shooter had already shot 100 rounds by that time.

I look at it and I see an angry 18 year old with a red-red-red flag history who can walk into a store and buy two assault rifles.

All the rest is blame-shifting, IMO.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 19, 2022 05:26PM
pdq
Ca Bob

^ this.

I feel like the police in Uvalde are being made the scapegoats. They’re a town of, what, 15,000? And they should have a standing SWAT force? They got to the building within minutes, yet the Texas house report says the shooter had already shot 100 rounds by that time.

I look at it and I see an angry 18 year old with a red-red-red flag history who can walk into a store and buy two assault rifles.

All the rest is blame-shifting, IMO.

The shooter murdered the children, nobody disputes that.

But the disgraceful law enforcement response has horrifed officers all over the world.

There were over 370 leaderless, uncoordinated local, state and federal officers at that school by the time somebody finally went in and shot that murderer, and began to get assistance for the wounded children and adults. Some of them could have been saved had they received aid earlier. Video shows the officers milling around the halls while more kids were shot and others were alive but bleeding, calling 911 and begging for help.

The criticism and now firings they are enduring is not scapegoating, it is accountability.
Date: July 20, 2022 08:54AM
Honestly, I think it’s a diversion from the real problem, which is being obfuscated rather than being addressed.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 20, 2022 09:27AM
pdq
Honestly, I think it’s a diversion from the real problem, which is being obfuscated rather than being addressed.

By whom? It points out how we are all being terrorized by AR-15s. These big guys with similar weapons and shields were terrified to act.
Date: July 21, 2022 07:27AM
Ca Bob
Curiously, California is the state with the largest population, yet is not on that July 17 list. We do have quite a large number of individual shootings, some with more than one victim, but the number of high power semiautomatic rifle attacks on large numbers of people has been a little lower than average. I do remember a mass shooting in Riverside where the news showed police officers running into the building even while the shooting was going on, quite different from the Texas exhibition.

Only 1 of the 13 mass shootings on July 16,17 involved a rifle. All others involved hand guns.

As long as the politicians keep concentrating on the AR15, a common, medium powered semi auto rifle, nothing will change. The little AR is nothing special when it comes to rifles effectiveness at killing.
Date: July 21, 2022 08:14AM
Lemon Drop
pdq

By whom? It points out how we are all being terrorized by AR-15s. These big guys with similar weapons and shields were terrified to act.

I think you correctly identify the primary problem as guns - AR-15s and the like as well as others.

It’s a diversion by the Texas House, among others, to blame the Uvalde tragedy on police, while ignoring the obvious.

We’re blaming the mop crew for a wet floor, while the plugged-up sink is still overflowing and the faucet is still on high.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 21, 2022 03:15PM
Mr645
Ca Bob

Only 1 of the 13 mass shootings on July 16,17 involved a rifle. All others involved hand guns.

As long as the politicians keep concentrating on the AR15, a common, medium powered semi auto rifle, nothing will change. The little AR is nothing special when it comes to rifles effectiveness at killing.

One step at a time. We banned the sale of these weapons before, we can do it again. At least until this SCROTUS overturns the ban.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: July 22, 2022 06:50AM
Speedy
Mr645
Ca Bob

One step at a time. We banned the sale of these weapons before, we can do it again. At least until this SCROTUS overturns the ban.

The AR ban expired because the law had provisions that if it showed no effect on gun violence if would expire, and it did not. Some like to explain there was a decrease in gun violence during the 10 years of the ban but the same decrease was seen in the decade prior to the ban as well as the decade after.
Banning one style of gun based on cosmetics does not change anything. Like trying to ban black cars to prevent drunk driving.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020