Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
yea, but will he be arrested or tried or anyhting at all
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 22, 2022 01:11PM
Poll
with regard to the virus 45 fka president
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
26 votes were received.
Y 11

42%
N 6

23%
not a fkn chance 9

35%

or will it be business as usual?

!#$@@$#!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2022 01:19PM by Fritz.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: yea, but will he be arrested or tried or anyhting at all
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 22, 2022 01:32PM
I think he'll face federal indictments by the end of the year or early 23. It could just be that he agrees to stay out of politics for the rest of his life to avoid a trial. This guy has been in nonstop legal trouble his entire adult life. He always cuts a deal.

DoJ started with the smallest potato cases first and they are working their way up to the big turnip. Along the way some folks are going to sing to avoid 25 years in prison. Maybe Mark Meadows? It'll be interesting.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 22, 2022 01:44PM
Bannon is convicted on two counts of contempt of Congress for ignoring his subpoena. It's the start of the next level.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 22, 2022 01:52PM
I voted not a chance, but I so hope I am wrong.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 22, 2022 02:08PM
No federal charges (that impeachment thingy) but likely in Georgia and he will be convicted. Does Georgia bar convicted felons from running for office?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 22, 2022 02:10PM
No matter what happens to Trump regarding his trash presidency, it won't be enough.

Watching his financial empire crumpled and destroyed could be the best thing. Having his name removed from properties and then those properties removed from him would be greatly satisfying. We've seen many many wealthy people lose all that they have, so it can happen to him.

This is my dream. I'll be helping to spread the salt over his lost ground to prevent anything of value growing there again.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 22, 2022 02:15PM
I want to see him and his entire crime family in jail, and his 'wealth' shown to be the house of cards that it has always been. I want them all to have to move into a double-wide in Alabama.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 22, 2022 02:41PM
Speedy
No federal charges (that impeachment thingy) but likely in Georgia and he will be convicted. Does Georgia bar convicted felons from running for office?

What does impeachmemt have to do with it?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 22, 2022 03:26PM
Even with a Federal conviction, he would not be disqualified from running for the presidency. The Constitution lists only three qualifications for the Presidency — the President must be at least 35 years of age, be a natural born citizen, and must have lived in the United States for at least 14 years.

All it takes is for enough idiots to vote for him - and there is no shortage of idiots.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 22, 2022 03:37PM
I like the idea that the DOJ says (privately) we’ve got these goods on you; you sail off into the sunset (and stop grifting your donors for money), and we just let it sit and look for other priorities. But if you don’t…

Which sounds unpleasant/unprincipled. But it’s not too uncommon in (past) relations between the press and politicians, and I honestly think it would be good for the country.

I thought Bush II was divisive. Hillary Clinton is divisive (although I would argue that’s not her fault). But both pale before Trump.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 22, 2022 04:21PM
Also voted no chance, also hope I am wrong.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: July 22, 2022 05:04PM
100% vision63 and cbelt3.
except I'd like them to be in a single at the bottom of Crater lake or Pontchartrain, at the very least.

This is Merrick Garlands' time.
I hope he uses it well.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: July 22, 2022 05:04PM
I'm hoping he will pitch such a childish temper tantrum that he will either stroke out and unable to communicate ever again or drop dead of a heart attack.

I, of course, would prefer the stroke and left alive incapacitated in a nursing home. Perfect ending...
Was this supposed to be about Bannon?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 22, 2022 05:20PM
I thought this was about Bannon, since it followed a Bannon thread but wasn't named in the subject line.

As mentioned, he's been convicted on two counts, which a minimum sentencing of 30 days and a maximum of one year.

He won't get a year each, to be served consecutively, but that would help send a message.

So it'll probably be six months or less for each conviction, to be served concurrently, just like he wears two shirts.

For that fashion faux pas alone, he should get my preferred sentence.

He'd sweat so much he'd be known as Three-Shirt Steve.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 22, 2022 05:32PM
“ Poll
with regard to the virus 45 fka president “
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 22, 2022 06:00PM
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 22, 2022 07:03PM
I suspect that some prosecutor somewhere will file charges and there will be some sort of court action.

This would imply at least an arraignment.

Whether it goes to an actual trial or not is another question. I suspect that Trump will not serve time for anything, but it would be useful if the legal system continues to pepper him with small and large stuff for the next several years. I voted that he would be tried, but I differentiate that from him serving time.

Trump actually has a partial defense that the House January 6 hearings have poisoned the jury pool. For any other defendant, it is a legitimate defense. But the judge in Georgia or New York could simply ask jurors if they can be fair, and some of them will say Yes.
Date: July 22, 2022 07:20PM
and what about the "should have known betters" on his team?
Like Rudy, Barr, Cipoleone ...
Should they enjoy some quality time in orange?

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: vision63
Date: July 22, 2022 10:06PM
Minimally, he can be charged with Obstruction of Justice. The firings and hirings in order to seek an outcome could be his undoing. The 186 minutes has a number of those moments.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 23, 2022 04:06AM
Lemon Drop
Speedy

What does impeachmemt have to do with it?

That is the only constitutional recourse for crimes by sitting presidents. We can’t have the president dealing some two-bit podunk prosecutor charging the president for crime after crime.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 23, 2022 09:12AM
.....Anything......Goes.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 23, 2022 09:17AM
cbelt3
I want to see him and his entire crime family in jail, and his 'wealth' shown to be the house of cards that it has always been. I want them all to have to move into a double-wide in Alabama.

As long as they take Hunter with them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020