advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
How to make sure your spouse votes for your preferred candidate
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 23, 2022 08:14AM
NYT:

The husband of a Colorado woman who has been missing for more than two years pleaded guilty on Thursday to casting her mail-in ballot for Donald J. Trump during the 2020 election, telling F.B.I. agents, “I figured all these other guys are cheating.”

and I found that so offensive, I thought I should too.

The ballot was filled out 5 months after her disappearance. As usual, IOKIYAR:

The man, Barry Morphew, 54, was given a sentence of one year of supervised probation but avoided jail time after pleading guilty to one count of forgery…

So. Where is the wife?

Prosecutors charged Mr. Morphew with first-degree murder last year, but then, in April, they dropped all charges against him related to her disappearance after a judge imposed sanctions on them for violating discovery rules. Mr. Morphew maintained his innocence as prosecutors accused him of killing his wife after learning that she had been involved in an extramarital affair.

The body of Ms. Morphew, a mother of two who was 49 when she vanished, has not been found.

But she did fill out a ballot…
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to make sure your spouse votes for your preferred candidate
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 23, 2022 01:55PM
I saw a news story on this. They also showed the ballot.

Yes, he has been accused of murder, apparently without evidence, and charges have been dropped. Pictured with his and missing wife's daughters after those charges dropped. But you know, #guiltyuntilproveninnocent, right?

Iris Eytan, a lawyer for Mr. Morphew, said in an interview on Friday that her client had mistakenly assumed that when he became the legal guardian for his wife after her disappearance, it extended to voting.

“He believed that because he could sign legal documents for her, that the ballot, similarly, was under his authority,” Ms. Eytan said. “So he was following her wishes. He did not sign her name. He signed his name on the witness line. So he didn’t, in any way, intend to deceive the clerk of the court.”

Ms. Eytan said that instead of prosecuting Mr. Morphew for voter fraud, the authorities should be focused on the search for Ms. Morphew.

The missing person’s case has generated national headlines. Prosecutors charged Mr. Morphew with first-degree murder last year, but then, in April, they dropped all charges against him related to her disappearance after a judge imposed sanctions on them for violating discovery rules. Mr. Morphew maintained his innocence as prosecutors accused him of killing his wife after learning that she had been involved in an extramarital affair.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: July 23, 2022 02:22PM
I thought I could vote for my missing wife.

Riiiiight.

He also said:

Just because I wanted Trump to win. I just thought, give him another vote. I figured all these other guys are cheating,” he told an FBI agent who confronted him about the ballot in April 2021, according to court documents.

Your wife of many years, with whom you had kids, disappeared on Mother's Day, never to be seen again.

Well, you say to yourself, that sucks, but at least I can send in another vote for Trump.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2022 02:24PM by pdq.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 23, 2022 04:30PM

[www.youtube.com]

e pluribus unum
Posted by: davemchine
Date: July 24, 2022 10:07AM
I know two couples where the wife had an affair, disappeared for a period of time, and then reappeared to their families later. I don’t know what happened in this particular story but I do know the children will suffer greatly regardless of the outcome. It’s a very sad story.

Ukulele music I couldn't find anywhere else.
[colquhoun.info]
Date: July 24, 2022 01:14PM
davemchine
I know two couples where the wife had an affair, disappeared for a period of time, and then reappeared to their families later. I don’t know what happened in this particular story but I do know the children will suffer greatly regardless of the outcome. It’s a very sad story.

Acknowledged.

But I bet the remaining spouse(s) didn’t feel entitled to cast a vote for the missing one in their absence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 184
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020