advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
When repubs take over the House and start investigating everyone, will the dems show up when called?
Posted by: hal
Date: July 23, 2022 04:10PM
I'm really curious about this. In the past, when Congress called, you showed up looking your best. Repubs have made it something to be negotiated or even ignored. Will the dems do the same in the future?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: When repubs take over the House and start investigating everyone, will the dems show up when called?
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 23, 2022 04:46PM
Not quite sure what you mean.
Re: When repubs take over the House and start investigating everyone, will the dems show up when called?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 23, 2022 05:30PM
I dunno, seems like you think that con-gress don't give a fleas butt hole about anyone but themselves.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: testcase
Date: July 23, 2022 05:34PM
"Will the dems do the same in the future?"

I'd be surprised if they didn't. boink smiley
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 23, 2022 06:27PM
It's all about perception. If Dems stonewall and follow in GOP footsteps it will turn off even more voters while cementing the feeling many people have that their isn't any real difference between them.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: July 23, 2022 07:22PM
If they don't maybe subject to contempt, no?
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 23, 2022 10:04PM
Clinton did, when asked, by several (IIRC) of the -what, seven? - committees to investigate and re-investigate and re-re-investigate Benghazi. The last time she came before them she testified for 11 straight hours.

What did they learn that was new this time? chairman Gowdy (R- SC) was asked after it was over:

"Ahhh. Well, when you say new today — I mean, we knew some of that already," Gowdy said. "In terms of her testimony? I don't know that she testified that much differently today than she has the previous times she's testified."

She was, of course, running for president at the time.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 24, 2022 02:05PM
pdq
"I don't know that she testified that much differently today than she has the previous times she's testified."
Yes, because testimony should be different every time. Lying would keep things interesting.

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 24, 2022 06:00PM
They could speak endlessly like Marty Deeks on NCIS LA.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 25, 2022 07:37AM
May I point out that Hillary was subjected to HOURS of ranting over Benghazi. She showed up.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 25, 2022 03:12PM
LOL, Deeks is my favorite character on NCIS LA.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020