advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Guess who wanted the Medal of Honor
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 24, 2022 01:58PM
Trump admitted Saturday that after he flew to Iraq aboard Air Force One that he wanted to give himself the Medal of Honor — the country’s highest award for military valor in action — but was told he wasn’t allowed to.“

As president, I wanted to give myself the Congressional Medal of Honor, but they wouldn’t let me do it…they said that would be inappropriate,” Trump said on July 23 at the Turning Point USA summit

[www.thewrap.com]

If it was posthumously I would consider it an even trade.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Guess who wanted the Medal of Honor
Posted by: steve...
Date: July 24, 2022 02:09PM
General Bonespurs knows what's appropriate or not.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 24, 2022 02:19PM
If it were any other past President telling it with that delivery, I'd say it was obviously a joke.

With 45* though, it's a coin toss whether he's joking or it's a typical BSC act that was kiboshed.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: July 24, 2022 02:35PM
Sounds like something he would say.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: July 24, 2022 02:36PM
He needs something to balance out his purple heart.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: July 24, 2022 02:39PM
I’m 100% positive that the man who believes he deserved 3 terms because liberals were “mean” to him, who believes that abandoning democracy for his sake is reasonable, and that he deserves a place on Mt Rushmore, believes that he deserves the Medal of Honor.

I hope the most lasting legacy of his life is his appearance in psychology textbooks as an example of toxic narcissism and/or megalomania.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 24, 2022 03:16PM
S. Pupp
I’m 100% positive that the man who believes he deserved 3 terms because liberals were “mean” to him, who believes that abandoning democracy for his sake is reasonable, and that he deserves a place on Mt Rushmore, believes that he deserves the Medal of Honor.

I hope the most lasting legacy of his life is his appearance in psychology textbooks as an example of toxic narcissism and/or megalomania.

Former President Donald Trump appeared flustered when he was booed at a rally in Arizona on Friday when speaking about one of his recent Congress endorsements.

Trump, used to adulation from his super-loyal MAGA followers, looked uncomfortable when he hyped Eli Crane, a candidate in the Arizona GOP congressional primary, and the crowd responded negatively, in large part.

...The former president appeared surprised and repeatedly looked towards the source of the booing before smiling awkwardly.

"But you like me, right?" Trump then says to the crowd with an awkward chuckle.

The man is pathological.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 24, 2022 03:17PM
“People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by the personality traits of persistent grandiosity, an excessive need for admiration and recognition…”
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 24, 2022 04:34PM
RAMd®d
With 45* though, it's a coin toss whether he's joking or it's a typical BSC act that was kiboshed.

Not really. He doesn't really get humor and when he says something like that you can be sure he's serious.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 24, 2022 05:37PM
If he really said that….fascist wannabe indeed.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 24, 2022 06:04PM
AllGold
RAMd®d

Not really. He doesn't really get humor and when he says something like that you can be sure he's serious.

My thought exactly.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: July 24, 2022 07:16PM
"... and that he deserves a place on Mt Rushmore,..."
he deserves at place over the edge of Rushmore.
The splat heard round the world.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 24, 2022 07:33PM
I had the thought, maybe if he hadn't been talked out of giving himself the medal, perhaps that would have finally lost him some of his diehard supporters.

Oh well, he was talked out of it. And his supporters seem to forgive almost anything he does.
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 24, 2022 08:25PM
He could have given himself the medal (or let Pence give it to him) in front of the CIA Memorial Wall.
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 24, 2022 10:13PM
AllGold
RAMd®d

He is a great joke teller, whenever he says something that's totally BSC, he always walks is back the next day or so with "I was joking" or "it was a joke".
Posted by: mattkime
Date: July 24, 2022 11:19PM
ug, I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't go through with it. I don't understand how we was dissuaded.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 25, 2022 07:34AM
Don't forget that his 'Personal Vietnam' involved unprotected sex with many young women.

Yes, he said that too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020