advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden tests positive for Covid again, will restart isolation despite no new symptoms
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 30, 2022 02:14PM
Biden tests positive for Covid again, will restart isolation despite no new symptoms

[www.cnbc.com]

President Joe Biden on Saturday tested positive for Covid-19 once again after consecutive days of testing negative for the virus, his physician said.

Biden, 79, is experiencing no new symptoms and “continues to feel quite well,” Dr. Kevin O’Connor said in a memo shared by the White House.

But he will nevertheless “reinitiate strict isolation procedures,” the presidential physician wrote.

Biden, who is fully vaccinated and has received two booster shots of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, tweeted Saturday afternoon that he was asymptomatic but would isolate “for the safety of everyone around me.”

“I’m still at work, and will be back on the road soon,” the president’s tweet said.

Dr O’Connor had previously warned of the potential for a “rebound” in positive test results, a phenomenon among a small percentage of patients who, like Biden, used the antiviral medication Paxlovid as part of their treatment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2022 02:17PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden tests positive for Covid again, will restart isolation despite no new symptoms
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 30, 2022 02:15PM
What the heck happened? Are we all gonna get it? I've avoided it so far.
Re: Biden tests positive for Covid again, will restart isolation despite no new symptoms
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 30, 2022 02:32PM
Seems like a lot of people are experiencing rebounds after using Paxlovid even though the data says the chances are around 1%.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 30, 2022 03:05PM
vision63
What the heck happened? Are we all gonna get it? I've avoided it so far.

Yes
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 30, 2022 03:28PM
Well, if we’re all gonna get it, the important thing is how we’ll do, and in that regard, it looks like vaccination is still the way to go to avoid bad outcomes.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 30, 2022 05:06PM
GGD
Seems like a lot of people are experiencing rebounds after using Paxlovid even though the data says the chances are around 1%.

I think it is much higher than the 1%, but they don’t know because many don’t get retested.
I suspect my mom might have tested positive after taking Paxlovid, if she had been retested.
I wonder how likely they are to actually spread the virus to others, even though they test positive.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 30, 2022 06:17PM
GGD

.....i read article stating this recently....and it seems it is happening more often.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 30, 2022 07:01PM
well, the data say not to take a PCR test for about 90 days after symptoms subside, because it may come up positive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2022 07:01PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 30, 2022 09:50PM
I call horse crap on the 1% number.

I did rebound about 5 days after finishing Paxlovid. It wasn't just that I tested positive, it was like having COVID again: fever, chills, runny nose, headaches for another 10 days.

I don't know anyone that didn't have the same experience with paxlovid.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Mr645
Date: July 31, 2022 07:27AM
Were all used to Biden hanging out in the basement, no one will miss him
Posted by: dk62
Date: July 31, 2022 10:26AM
I think I got rebound 7 days after stopping Molnupiravir. Stuffy nose, no fever, but my wife got Covid a few days later (which she avoided the first time I had symptoms). As I didn't get tested after my initial negative test, hard to say, there were other opportunities for her do get infected and for me to get congested (we were on an international trip). I had two boosters, she one.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 31, 2022 11:40AM
Mr645

We would have been better off if Trump had stayed in the basement and let the adults in the room handle the crisis.
Date: July 31, 2022 12:43PM
Acer
Mr645

We would have been better off if Trump had stayed in the basement and let the adults in the room handle the crisis.

At least Trump was in charge to get the COVID vaccines developed in record time, oh, and was closing the wage gap, helping low and middle income families. But Biden sure fixed those issues, back t normal, rich get richer and poor people rely on the government for food.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 31, 2022 12:49PM
Trump, in the basement of the Whitehouse, creating the COVID vaccine:
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 31, 2022 03:44PM
Mr645
At least Trump was in charge to get the COVID vaccines developed in record time...

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”smiley-laughing001

“I think the virus is going to be—it’s going to be fine.”smiley-laughing001

“The coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.” smiley-laughing001

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”smiley-laughing001

“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”smiley-laughing001

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”smiley-laughing001

“Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low.”smiley-laughing001

“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”smiley-laughing001

"This is a flu. This is like a flu."smiley-laughing001

“It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”smiley-laughing001

“And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."smiley-laughing001

“I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?” smiley-laughing001

“Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light … and then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body…”smiley-laughing001

Etc., etc. etc.
Date: August 01, 2022 02:15PM
DeusxMac
Mr645
At least Trump was in charge to get the COVID vaccines developed in record time...

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”smiley-laughing001

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”smiley-laughing001

“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”smiley-laughing001

“Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low.”smiley-laughing001

“Well, we're testing everybody that we need to test. And we're finding very little problem. Very little problem.”smiley-laughing001

“It’s going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”smiley-laughing001

“I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?” smiley-laughing001

“Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light … and then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body…”smiley-laughing001

Etc., etc. etc.

I will shut down the virus LOL Great words from Basement Biden. useless words, but they sound nice
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: August 03, 2022 09:17AM
Mr645
DeusxMac
Mr645

Etc., etc. etc.

I will shut down the virus LOL Great words from Basement Biden. useless words, but they sound nice

But he did redefine recession.
Date: August 03, 2022 05:48PM
And Breakfast Tacos
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020