advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
HOPELESS:All but one Pennsylvania House GOP members endorse Loonie Mastriano for governor
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 01, 2022 04:52PM
Mastro sez still-President Trump wuz robbed. He's a full-fledged lunatic and the PA GOP is backing him to the hilt.

All but one Pennsylvania House GOP members endorse Mastriano for governor
[thehill.com]

Eight of nine Pennsylvania Republican congressmen on Monday jointly endorsed Trump-backed GOP gubernatorial nominee and state Senator Doug Mastriano.

Reps. John Joyce, Fred Keller, Mike Kelly, Dan Meuser, Scott Perry, Guy Reschenthaler, Lloyd Smucker and Glenn Thompson signed a letter saying Trump-backed Mastriano “represents a better option and alternative” to the Democrat’s nominee, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro.

“Progressive policies supported by Joe Biden and Josh Shapiro have led to fewer jobs, higher crime rates, rampant drug addiction, and less freedom for Pennsylvania’s hard-working families,” the lawmakers wrote.
-
Mastriano and Shapiro are fighting for the governor office being vacated by Gov. Tom Wolf (D), who has reached the state’s term limit.

A group of former Pennsylvania Republican officials — including former Rep. Charlie Dent, a former lieutenant governor and a former state Supreme Court Justice, among others — endorsed Shapiro last month.

Dent called Mastriano “an extremist who is a threat to the rule of law and the constitutional order.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: HOPELESS:All but one Pennsylvania House GOP members endorse Loonie Mastriano for governor
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 01, 2022 05:32PM
Well, what else were GQP people going do?

Re: HOPELESS:All but one Pennsylvania House GOP members endorse Loonie Mastriano for governor
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 01, 2022 07:52PM
Steve G.

“Progressive policies supported by Joe Biden and Josh Shapiro have led to fewer jobs, higher crime rates, rampant drug addiction, and less freedom for Pennsylvania’s hard-working families,” the lawmakers wrote.

Unemployment at the end of Trump (Jan 2021) was 7.5%. Current unemployment rate is 4.5%, within 0.2 percent of lowest over the last 20 years. And still heading down.

Republicans depend on low-information voters.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: August 01, 2022 09:06PM
The only thing I can't easily dispute is "higher crime". It might be higher or it might not--I can't dispute it because I don't know off the top of my head.

None of the other stuff even needs to be looked up.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 03, 2022 10:48AM
Fox has Shapiro up by 10+ points, although I always wonder how much of this is purely "motivational" on their part. Still, he's up in other polls, although by much less.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020