advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Sandy Hook parent finally gets to unload on Alex Jones in court and he just has to take it and keep silent
Posted by: hal
Date: August 02, 2022 04:43PM
[twitter.com]

it's a Twitter thread, so I'll try to transcribe it here...

Sandy Hook parent Scarlett Lewis is directly speaking to Alex Jones, who is now in the courtroom, as she testifies on the stand.

"Jesse was real," Lewis tells Jones. "I am a real mom."

She says she wanted to tell Jones this to his face.

Sandy Hook parent Scarlett Lewis tells Alex Jones that she knows he didn't believe she is actually a deep-state actor.

"I know you know that. That's the problem, I know you know that. But you keep saying it. Why? Why? For money?"

Lewis to Jones: "Having a six-year-old son shot in his forehead in his classroom is unbearable. ... And then to have someone on top of that perpetuate a lie that it was a hoax, that it didn't happen, that it was a false flag, that I was an actress — You think I'm an actress?"

Jones starts to respond that he doesn't think Lewis is an actress. Judge reprimands him for speaking & tells court that only Lewis is testifying right now. Lewis takes responsibility for Jones talking, noting she asked him a question. Judge orders silence from everyone but Lewis.

Lewis talks about her work trying to unite people and notes we are "polarized as a country."

"Some of that is because of you," she tells Jones.

"While you should be here, you've been on your show," Lewis tells Jones, adding, "so you're not going to stop."

"I don't even think my pleading with you up here is going to get you to stop."

"And all of the damage that you caused, the fear that you have put people in," Lewis tells Jones. "I think that there has to be accountability for that."

Lewis to Jones: "I think you know that Sandy Hook is real and that it happened. ... But I don't think you understand — at all — the repercussions of going on air with a huge audience and lying and calling this a hoax. ... You don't understand that."

"It seems so incredible to me that we have to do this," Lewis tells Jones. "That we have to implore you — not just implore you, punish you — to get you to stop lying. ... It is surreal what is going on in here."

wow...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2022 04:43PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sandy Hook parent finally gets to unload on Alex Jones in court and he just has to take it and keep silent
Date: August 02, 2022 04:47PM
THe Judge comments:

Judge:

"Mr. [Alex] Jones, you may not say to this jury that you complied with discovery. [...] That is not true. You may not say that again.

He also may not say that he's bankrupt, even if he filed for bankruptcy.

She explains to him the difference.

"This is not your show."

"Your beliefs do not make something true. [...] That is what we're doing here."

[twitter.com]
Re: Sandy Hook parent finally gets to unload on Alex Jones in court and he just has to take it and keep silent
Date: August 02, 2022 04:50PM
here's a good summary [apnews.com]
Posted by: pdq
Date: August 02, 2022 08:05PM
Jones is toast and he knows it:

Jones has already tried to protect [his company] Free Speech Systems financially. The company filed for federal bankruptcy protection last week. Sandy Hook families have separately sued Jones over his financial claims, arguing that the company is trying to protect millions owned by Jones and his family through shell entities.

Another guy I can’t wait to see go down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Pam
Guests: 71
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020