advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Noted: Colo. GOP candidate for Senate says he wouldn’t support Trump 2024 run"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 05, 2022 01:58PM
Don't think he's a good guy. He's an enabler and a normalizer. This is from a WaPo news brief:

Joe O’Dea, the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Colorado, said Friday that he would not support former president Donald Trump if he runs for president in 2024 — a switch from his comments during the primary.

Sounds OK unless perhaps a voter liked O'Dea because they though he liked Trump, I suppose.

Speaking to libertarian radio host Ross Kaminsky, of Denver’s KOA station, O’Dea said he hopes Trump “doesn’t run.”

“I don’t want to see him as president. Again, we’ve got a lot of great candidates, Ron DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, there’s a lot of great talent out there. We need to move this country forward,” O’Dea said. “I think that seeing a Biden-Trump rematch again in 2024 would rip the country apart. I think a lot of people are ready to move our country forward. So I wouldn’t support him running again.”

Except for the parts where he likes the nutjobs he mentioned ... OK I guess? Oh and of course he had to include the catchphrase about "moving forward" (without accountability, notice).

O’Dea, a self-described moderate Republican who is looking to oust Sen. Michael F. Bennet, said on June 21 — a week before the primary — that he would support Trump if the party nominates him in 2024.

And so now, he's made a "provocative" change (troubling points excepted, as noted above.)

“If Donald Trump happens to be the Republican nominee, then I definitely won’t vote for [President Joe] Biden,” O’Dea said during a debate hosted by the Colorado Sun and CBS4.

And there is it. Don't vote for the best alternative, dear voter, just pout and let whomever win. Don't participate without a guarantee? I despise these losers.

In a statement to The Washington Post, O’Dea’s communications director Kyle Kohli said the Senate candidate was arguing that “neither Trump nor Biden should run for re-election.”

Except he didn't say that, so Kyle, you're a liar.

In the primary race, O’Dea defeated state Rep. Ron Hanks, who was in the crowd of Trump supporters who marched to the U.S. Capitol from the White House Ellipse on Jan. 6, 2021, moments before the pro-Trump mob attacked the building. Hanks did not receive Trump’s endorsement.

A spokesman for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Local candidate sniveling and squirming aside, this creates a conundrum for the orange toad. Who would he endorse there now? No one, I guess.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Noted: Colo. GOP candidate for Senate says he wouldn’t support Trump 2024 run"
Posted by: RgrF
Date: August 05, 2022 02:29PM
Article I read said he was supporting DeSantis.
Re: "Noted: Colo. GOP candidate for Senate says he wouldn’t support Trump 2024 run"
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: August 05, 2022 03:07PM
There’s a difference between “I wouldn’t support him running again” and “would support trump if the party nominates him”.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020