advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
MT(OM)G!
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 16, 2022 07:17PM
‘ Marjorie Taylor Greene shares a video in which she appears to kick a youth activist ‘

[www.npr.org]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MT(OM)G!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 16, 2022 08:43PM
Feels tempest in a teapot to me. More “OM(eh)G”. Neither clear cut nor ergregious.

(From the OP link)
In the 2:54 minute clip, Pecora appears to have walked in front of Greene to ask, "How does the second amendment prevent gun violence?" while filming the congresswoman's reaction.

Greene responded, "Excuse me, out of the way, excuse me," to which Pecora begins to stumble and said, "Oh my God." Later, Pecora moves out of the way and accuses the congresswoman of kicking her.

The video does not directly show physical contact between Pecora and Greene.

The relevant segment -

I will say the audio with the original video does show the doofus to Greene’s left to be an officious dolt; “You’re blocking a member of Congress… You don’t block a member of Congress.”

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2022 08:49PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: September 16, 2022 09:11PM
The girl was walking directly in front and slowed down. She got her heel stepped on. I'll give MTG a pass

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: hal
Date: September 16, 2022 09:21PM
Ombligo
The girl was walking directly in front and slowed down. She got her heel stepped on. I'll give MTG a pass

I saw it with more context and sound - that woman was being really annoying and then got in front and slowed down (all while being quite rude - not that I would have done any better). And then she jumps on twitter and claims MTG kicked her playing victim.

Give me a @#$%& break!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 16, 2022 09:21PM

That's what I saw, as well as it could be seen.

I hate the idea that MTG should get a pass, but it doesn't look at all like she kicked the complainant.

She didn't slow her stride, and the complainant didn't get out of the way after the first misstep.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 16, 2022 10:26PM
Can't we all just agree that had MTG been placed in the Fargo Wood Chipper when she first deserved it, this incident woulda been moot?
==
Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 16, 2022 10:52PM
Blankity Blank
Feels tempest in a teapot to me. More “OM(eh)G”. Neither clear cut nor ergregious.

(From the OP link)
In the 2:54 minute clip, Pecora appears to have walked in front of Greene to ask, "How does the second amendment prevent gun violence?" while filming the congresswoman's reaction.

Greene responded, "Excuse me, out of the way, excuse me," to which Pecora begins to stumble and said, "Oh my God." Later, Pecora moves out of the way and accuses the congresswoman of kicking her.

The video does not directly show physical contact between Pecora and Greene.

The relevant segment -

I will say the audio with the original video does show the doofus to Greene’s left to be an officious dolt; “You’re blocking a member of Congress… You don’t block a member of Congress.”

Moments after this video was shot, Ms Pecora went to the ER to receive her first round of rabies shots - as a precaution.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: September 16, 2022 11:27PM
Isn’t that what the pipe bomber was wearing?
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 17, 2022 07:05AM
RAMd®d

That's what I saw, as well as it could be seen.

I hate the idea that MTG should get a pass, but it doesn't look at all like she kicked the complainant.

She didn't slow her stride, and the complainant didn't get out of the way after the first misstep.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 17, 2022 10:49PM
I saw a totally different video and watched it about five times. To me it looked like tripping on a sidewalk crack, or as mentioned above accidentally stepping on her heel. In no way does it look like a kick.

I hate to see us reduced to the level of the MAGAs who comb the internet searching for snippets that can be cut to make it appear Biden is senile.

Posted by: gadje
Date: September 18, 2022 08:46PM
I hate to see us reduced to the level of the MAGAs who comb the internet searching for snippets that can be cut to make it appear Biden is senile.

This 1000x.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: September 18, 2022 10:32PM
$tevie
I hate to see us reduced to the level of the MAGAs who comb MTG on the internet. searching for snippets that can be cut to make it appear Biden is senile.

FTFY
==
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 20, 2022 04:42PM
Buzz
$tevie
I hate to see us reduced to the level of the MAGAs who comb MTG on the internet. searching for snippets that can be cut to make it appear Biden is senile.

FTFY
==
jest smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020