advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Nazis salute at the Ohio 45 Rally while 45 reads off a series of crazy Q bullcr@p...
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: September 19, 2022 11:27AM
So... this happened.

[twitter.com]

And somehow, this is a viable political candidate who controls the RNC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2022 11:27AM by Tiangou.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Nazis salute at the Ohio 45 Rally while 45 reads off a series of crazy Q bullcr@p...
Posted by: hal
Date: September 19, 2022 11:32AM
Re: Nazis salute at the Ohio 45 Rally while 45 reads off a series of crazy Q bullcr@p...
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 19, 2022 11:42AM
Its really Hillary's fault.

Posted by: steve...
Date: September 19, 2022 12:00PM
That is so weird with the CREEPY background music.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: September 19, 2022 12:17PM
Some guys just have a way with crowds...

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: September 19, 2022 12:36PM
Okay, context and background.

The gesture is far and away most likely an impromptu ‘salute’ based on the long time Qanon slogan, ”Where we go one, we go all”.

Trump was dialing his adoption off Q BS up to “11” during this rally, to the point of, during his speech, even playing a version of the cult’s musical refrain, called, you guessed it, “Wwg1wga“ (there’s your creepy background music, Steve).

Seattle Times
”While speaking in Youngstown in support of J.D. Vance, whom he has endorsed as Ohio’s Republican nominee for the Senate, Trump delivered a dark address about the decline of the U.S. over music that was all but identical to a song called “Wwg1wga” — an abbreviation for the QAnon slogan, “Where we go one, we go all.”

As Trump spoke, scores of people in the crowd raised fingers in the air in an apparent reference to the “1” in what they thought was the song’s title.”

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2022 12:41PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: September 19, 2022 12:53PM
Blankity Blank

The gesture is far and away most likely an impromptu ‘salute’ based on the long time Qanon slogan, ”Where we go one, we go all”.

and your point is? impromptu or not the parallels are undeniable.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 19, 2022 02:31PM
See, we told you to hang Pence and you didn't. This is the result.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 19, 2022 02:32PM
graylocks
Blankity Blank

and your point is? impromptu or not the parallels are undeniable.

it was not a nazi salute like Blank says, but the point is that it is almost indistinguishable from a nazi salute. No pol in their right mind would try to elicit such a visual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2022 03:27PM by hal.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 19, 2022 02:48PM
I think the B.S. he is spewing is worse than the "salute".

"Up is down, black is white, freedom is tyranny."
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 19, 2022 03:09PM
Its been a while since I've listened to his incoherent ramblings. Its amazing that the words keep coming yet have so little meaning.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 19, 2022 03:09PM
They strike me as part and parcel.

He spews, and his audience salutes.

If he were just some Hyde Park crazy, he'd get a mere hand full of cheers and jeers while the bulk of the world moves on.

But that's not the case, and the supporters are getting pretty scary.

It's not a true Nazi salute, that's correct.

But it's not the religious 'there is only one way— God' thing either.

That one guy in the background on 45*'s left...

Big 'OOOOPS!' on his part.

It's a small consolation, but some of his rallies don't seem to pack them in quite as much.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: September 19, 2022 03:36PM
mattkime
Its been a while since I've listened to his incoherent ramblings. Its amazing that the words keep coming yet have so little meaning.

The transcript is a study in megalomania, narcissism and paranoia.
[www.rev.com]

Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 19, 2022 05:15PM
RAMd®d
It's a small consolation, but some of his rallies don't seem to pack them in quite as much.

Agreed, I saw a video on Twitter of mostly empty seats in the arena.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: September 19, 2022 10:23PM
There is a difference between pointing the index finger and holding out the whole hand while shouting Heil. I can remember one college football crowd that did the single index finger to proclaim, "We're number one!" Still, these Trump crowds are creepy.

I don't pretend to know much about Qanon, although I have been hearing about them for -- what -- five or six years maybe? They seem to change their concerns and crazy obsessions about as often as the rest of us change sox. Did anybody ever claim to know who Q is? Is Q a group in the way that Anonymous is/was?

To Speedy et al: Is there some way to get photos of the Trump crowds from different angles, in order to show that the crowds as a whole are not very impressive? I would imagine that this could be done from half a mile away with a drone.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 19, 2022 11:19PM
AllGold
I think the B.S. he is spewing is worse than the "salute".

"Up is down, black is white, freedom is tyranny."

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

FTFY.

But seriously, 45 was seriously spouting off some bat$h!t crazy stuff in the twitter video above. Straight out of the Orwellian playbook.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: September 19, 2022 11:58PM
Ca Bob
There is a difference between pointing the index finger and holding out the whole hand while shouting Heil.

They're doing it to mean "Heil."

The finger is extended just to cloud the issue when they're called out for it.

That's how they do stuff.

They think it's clever.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: September 20, 2022 02:11AM
Ca Bob
To Speedy et al: Is there some way to get photos of the Trump crowds from different angles, in order to show that the crowds as a whole are not very impressive? I would imagine that this could be done from half a mile away with a drone.

I saw those same videos. They clearly showed an indoor venue at about 15-25% capacity. Vids that have now drifted into Twitter oblivion. They were once clever enough to book small rooms and overflow them, now Trump seems to insist on large venues they can longer fill (even when paid).

DeSantis is a bit smarter and would appear to have already snaked enough support from under Trump to insure they'll either be some sort of truce or all out GOP war. The latter would be my own preference. popcorn smiley
Posted by: kj
Date: September 20, 2022 01:35PM
Tiangou
Ca Bob
There is a difference between pointing the index finger and holding out the whole hand while shouting Heil.

They're doing it to mean "Heil."

The finger is extended just to cloud the issue when they're called out for it.

That's how they do stuff.

They think it's clever.

There is a nice symmetry to "fight fire with fire", but I'm not sure fighting "crazy with crazy" works.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 20, 2022 04:24PM
It doesn't matter if it is literally a Nazi salute, or what the origin is. It's the same sort of collective mind giving oneself over to a cult leader, and it's dangerous.

Posted by: Z
Date: September 21, 2022 10:26AM
It’s just the sparkling authoritarianism salute, duh! /s
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 21, 2022 11:43AM

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020