advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump, 3 of his children sued for business fraud by New York AG
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: September 23, 2022 06:29AM
Maybe it's because I grew up in the South and it was the second most derogatory word used to describe black people.

And I wasn't the only one who read it that way. [twitter.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump, 3 of his children sued for business fraud by New York AG
Posted by: gadje
Date: September 23, 2022 06:49AM
Remember the rough time he had when he was first complaining about Hillary's emails and misusing terms left and right?

I missed that. Where can I find more info on this? Thanks
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 23, 2022 07:54AM
gadje
Remember the rough time he had when he was first complaining about Hillary's emails and misusing terms left and right?

Well, for instance, he thought that a disk deletion program called BleachBit was literally bleach (which later somehow transformed into an “acid wash”)

Here’s an older WaPo link debunking that whole thing which I hope is free…
Date: September 23, 2022 08:24AM
pdq
gadje

Well, for instance, he thought that a disk deletion program called BleachBit was literally bleach (which later somehow transformed into an “acid wash”)

Here’s an older WaPo link debunking that whole thing which I hope is free…

The constant bombardment of his many crimes sometimes overshadows what an absolute moron he is.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 23, 2022 09:24AM
$tevie
I honestly figured Trump meant that James is spying on him. Like Obama in his microwave.
Trump doesn't strike me as the sort of person who stays up-to-date with colloquialisms. Remember the rough time he had when he was first complaining about Hillary's emails and misusing terms left and right? Also, not sure old white people are aware of that being a substitute word. I certainly wasn'i.

Well this 67 year old white person was aware of that. Perhaps comes from having family connections to the South, things like this filtered into my perception when I was younger. I do know my father made efforts to be better than the background in which he was raised and pass that on to us.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 23, 2022 01:39PM
Mike Sellers
Maybe it's because I grew up in the South and it was the second most derogatory word used to describe black people.

"Peekaboo" was the second most used word? That is what I doubt Trump knew. I assume everyone knows about the J-word.

To double down, I was questioning that Trump would be aware that the internet uses Peekaboo as a code word for the J-word. It seems a bit too arcane for him to be aware of. I am positive that Trump not only knows the J-word but has probably used it thousands of times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2022 02:07PM by $tevie.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 23, 2022 02:01PM
I have no southern connections but was well aware of the j word.

I just tested apple spellcheck. Writing the word with one 'g' autocorrects to 'gigbit' - writing it with 2 'g's generates a 'No Guesses found' response.
Date: September 23, 2022 08:20PM
$tevie
Mike Sellers

"Peekaboo" was the second most used word? That is what I doubt Trump knew. I assume everyone knows about the J-word.

To double down, I was questioning that Trump would be aware that the internet uses Peekaboo as a code word for the J-word. It seems a bit too arcane for him to be aware of. I am positive that Trump not only knows the J-word but has probably used it thousands of times.

No, I’m not aware of Peekaboo officially being code for the other word, I was implying that Trump used it, assuming it sounded enough like it that his followers would fill in the blank.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 94
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020