advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Next! 'Hitler ‘stache-sporting Nazi-sympathizer gets prison time in Jan. 6 case '
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 22, 2022 06:05PM
Hitler ‘stache-sporting Nazi-sympathizer gets prison time in Jan. 6 case
[nypost.com]

A former New Jersey Army reservist and Nazi sympathizer known for dressing up like Hitler was sentenced to four years in prison Thursday for his role in the Jan. 6 riot.

Fuhrer-wannabe Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, 32, of Colts Neck — described in court documents as an “avowed white supremacist” — was handed down the stiff sentence by US District Judge Trevor McFadden after a conviction in May.

McFadden said Thursday that Hale-Cusanelli’s claim that he didn’t know Congress met at the US Capitol building he stormed in January 2021 was a “risible lie,” according to NBC News.

Hale-Cusanelli — who was captured in photos boasting a Hitler-style mustache and hairdo — “absolutely knew” the House of Representatives met in the building, the judge said, adding he told his roommate as much.

Hale-Cusanelli had an “enthusiasm for civil war” and a “well-documented history of violent rhetoric,” federal prosecutors said in a sentencing memo. They argued for significant prison time due to his background and false statements on the stand.

Before his sentencing, Hale-Cusanelli — who was booted from the military in October — told the court that time in solitary confinement had changed him.

don't worry, Chancellor trump will pardon him in '24
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Next! 'Hitler ‘stache-sporting Nazi-sympathizer gets prison time in Jan. 6 case '
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: September 22, 2022 06:23PM
Shoulda been 40-Life.
Re: Next! 'Hitler ‘stache-sporting Nazi-sympathizer gets prison time in Jan. 6 case '
Posted by: steve...
Date: September 22, 2022 07:28PM
Insurrectionist Trump had this guy's aunt on stage at a Rally in Pennsylvania.

The speaker at Trump’s Pennsylvania rally was Cynthia Hughes, the leader of a support group for January 6 defendants like Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, whose case went viral after the Justice Department released photos of him sporting a distinctive “Hitler mustache.”

Trump’s decision to feature a speaker highlighting such a case, when there are hundreds of other Capitol riot defendants to cite as examples, prompted a pointed response from Lofgren, also a member of the House Judiciary Committee: “Being a supporter of Adolf Hitler does put you in the Fascist category; there is no semi about it. I do think this is troubling.”

CNN

Northern California Coast
Posted by: hal
Date: September 22, 2022 08:04PM
he used to cut my grass, he was a very nice boy...
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 22, 2022 09:15PM
hal
he used to cut my grass, he was a very nice boy...

Can you expand on that? Do you know how his attitudes (for lack of a better word) changed?

e pluribus unum
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 22, 2022 10:51PM
Can you expand on that? Do you know how his attitudes (for lack of a better word) changed?

I thought hal was making a funny as though it was a quote from Auntie H.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: hal
Date: September 22, 2022 11:07PM
It's a line from Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage. It amused me to post it here.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: September 23, 2022 05:18AM
RAMd®d

I thought hal was making a funny as though it was a quote from Auntie H.

Duh, thanks

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 23, 2022 12:13PM
“Before his sentencing, Hale-Cusanelli — who was booted from the military in October — told the court that time in solitary confinement had changed him.”

I expect being in gen-pop will change this fascist white nationalist a lot more than being in solitary.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 23, 2022 01:37PM
I wish all these people were getting sentences four times longer than what they are getting. I understand that there are guidelines for sentencing but as far as I am concerned they all gave up their rights when they attempted to take ours away.

Posted by: btfc
Date: September 23, 2022 01:45PM
Turn that down!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 23, 2022 08:42PM
...they all gave up their rights when they attempted to take ours away.

I'd love to hear a judge say that right before he colors outside the sentencing guidelines and tacks on an additional 3-5.

Not that I'd want it limited to an additional 3-5, but I done know that more would fly.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 118
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020