advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
As we await the last Jan 6 committee meeting…
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 28, 2022 09:18AM
…a little blast from the past that I heard again the other day:

Two days after the 2020 election, Virginia Thomas, the wife of Justice Clarence Thomas, texted an old friend, Mark Meadows, the chief of staff to President Donald J. Trump.

She sent messages that had been making the rounds on pro-Trump sites, where anger over the election echoed her own raw feelings, including this passage: “Biden crime family & ballot fraud co-conspirators (elected officials, bureaucrats, social media censorship mongers, fake stream media reporters, etc) are being arrested & detained for ballot fraud right now & over coming days, & will be living in barges off GITMO to face military tribunals for sedition.

And why was the wife of a Supreme Court justice passing on these wacky, violent, lawless Right-wing conspiracy whispers to Donald Trump’s chief of staff?

…she added of this fanciful, if chilling, set of conspiracy theories: “I hope this is true.

smiley-shocked003

She texted Mr. Meadows again the next day. “Do not concede,” she wrote. “It takes time for the army who is gathering for his back.”

Gee, I hope someone brings this up when the committee meets again, or if she dares to sit before them…
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: As we await the last Jan 6 committee meeting…
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 28, 2022 12:43PM
I'd said it before: what if the wife of a SC Justice either perjures herself or shows herself to be a seditious traitor? Those seem to be the major two options here, and either of these opens up quite the can of worms.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Re: As we await the last Jan 6 committee meeting…
Posted by: Randalls
Date: September 28, 2022 06:08PM
Lock her up. Impeach him up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020