advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Political fallout of Hurricane Ian
Posted by: hal
Date: September 28, 2022 02:19PM
DeSantis said that today was not a day to be petty. I'm sure he will let us know when the time to be petty returns.

Since Katrina, every disaster has become political. Will this be so in so's 'Katrina'?

I know that before the disaster is even measured, the left will be saying that yes indeed - this is DeSantis' Katrina (but most certainly is not Biden's). And the right will be saying what a strong leader DeSantis was through these horrible times - and where was the federal gov't!!??.

We'll see what happens... but I have a feeling both sides will feel vindicated once they see the news (presented by their favorite slanted source)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Political fallout of Hurricane Ian
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: September 28, 2022 03:16PM
If now is not the time to be petty, then it's never the time to be petty, and the world should respond with those words.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: September 28, 2022 03:17PM
How about if emergency funding be taken up for Puerto Rico first, and just as soon as it is decided, then the congress can start working on Florida.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: September 29, 2022 07:22AM
Puerto Rico is not a part of the US. It's just a place that thieving bankers, hedge funds and the like can push into severe debt.
Why?
Coz they can.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: pdq
Date: September 29, 2022 08:30AM
As noted in a previous thread:

When Repubs go low, Dems stay high:

The federal government sent 300 ambulances with medical teams and was ready to truck in 3.7 million meals and 3.5 million liters of water once the storm passes.

“We’ll be there to help you clean up and rebuild, to help Florida get moving again,” President Joe Biden said Wednesday. “And we’ll be there every step of the way. That’s my absolute commitment to the people of the state of Florida.”

DeSantis, BTW, has asked for 100% federal payment for all cleanup costs for 60 days. I’m surprised he didn’t also ask for reimbursement for the cost of the recent flights to Massachusetts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020