advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Federal judge rules Trump lied under oath
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 19, 2022 09:39PM
US District Judge David Carter said Wednesday that former President Donald Trump lied under oath about voter fraud claims in Georgia while trying to get the state's 2020 election results overturned.

On December 4, 2020, Trump's legal team filed a lawsuit in Georgia state court alleging that Fulton County had miscounted thousands of votes. They also contested the state court's proceedings in federal court.

But later that month, Carter wrote in his ruling, Eastman said in an email that although Trump had "'signed a verification for [the state court filing] back on Dec. 1, he has since been made aware that some of the allegations (and evidence proffered by the experts) has been inaccurate. For him to sign a new verification with that knowledge (and incorporation by reference) would not be accurate.'"

But Trump and his lawyers still filed their complaint citing those numbers, and Trump signed a letter "swearing under oath that the incorporated, inaccurate numbers 'are true and correct' or 'believed to be true and correct' to the best of his knowledge and belief," Carter wrote.

He added: "The emails show that President Trump knew that the specific numbers of voter fraud were wrong but continued to tout those numbers, both in court and to the public."

[www.yahoo.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Federal judge rules Trump lied under oath
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 19, 2022 10:14PM
smiley-music039
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 20, 2022 12:30AM
Hope springs eternal but this is another charge that will lead to delay, after delay, after...
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: October 20, 2022 02:14AM
RgrF
Hope springs eternal but this is another charge that will lead to delay, after delay, after...

Sooner than later this tactic will quit working for tRUMP. Maybe it will push him over the edge…
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 20, 2022 04:34AM
Well, that's a surprise!*

*Of course, I"m just kidding.
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 20, 2022 06:45AM
Lizabeth
RgrF

Sooner than later this tactic will quit working for tRUMP. Maybe it will push him over the edge…

Well it won’t make him any younger.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: October 20, 2022 07:05AM
This is the one.

I'm sure of it.

This is the one that will convince his cult supporters that he's a fraud.
Date: October 20, 2022 07:12AM
The Judge was appointed by Clinton, so Trump will scream witch hunt and the cult will send money

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: October 20, 2022 07:18AM
Whatever Trump says is the truth, as far as his worshippers are concerned. He can say two conflicting things, and they won’t see any problem with that. In the same sentence, they will claim that Covid is a liberal hoax and praise Trump for saving lives with Operation Warp Speed. I’m both impressed and appalled by the mental gymnastics it takes to be a loyal Trump soldier.
Date: October 20, 2022 08:27AM
S. Pupp
I’m both impressed and appalled by the mental gymnastics it takes to be a loyal Trump soldier.

What scares me is how many of them there are.

my signature quote is truly apropos -
“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”

Posted by: pdq
Date: October 20, 2022 08:36AM
You know, maybe we should give Trump a special dispensation - I don’t think he really grasps what “truth” is any more, nor does he seem to care.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: October 20, 2022 09:01AM
Diminished capacity defense.
"My client has been diagnosed with acute narcissistic psychosis, and cannot be held responsible for his actions. He is attending group therapy with fellow sufferers, like Elon Musk."
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 20, 2022 09:10AM
"Trump lied under oath"

I'm guessing that this wasn't his first time.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 20, 2022 11:08AM
GGD
"Trump lied under oath"

IOW, he perjured himself. Remember how apoplectic Republicans got about Bill Clinton perjuring himself in a low level civil trial about sex with a White House intern. A man who perjured himself cannot be president!

I'm sure they'll take up the same refrain about Trump perjuring himself. /s

e pluribus unum
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 20, 2022 12:15PM
IOW, he perjured himself.

Or he committed perjury.

Serious question:

Is it possible to perjure someone else?

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: October 20, 2022 01:08PM
Y'all are forgetting this:

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: btfc
Date: October 20, 2022 01:15PM
‘ "Who's this Clinton appointed 'Judge,' David Carter, who keeps saying, and sending to all, very nasty, wrong, and ill informed statements about me on rulings, or a case (whatever!), currently going on in California, that I know nothing about — nor am I represented," Trump wrote. "With that being said, please explain to this partisan hack that the Presidential Election of 2020 was Rigged and Stolen. Also, he shouldn't be making statements about me until he understands the facts, which he doesn't!" ‘

[www.cnbc.com]
Posted by: Ted King
Date: October 20, 2022 01:28PM
"Perjured himself" is a widely used idiom. It may not be precisely logical but that's true of a lot of idioms.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: pdq
Date: October 20, 2022 02:29PM
Ted King

IOW, he perjured himself. Remember how apoplectic Republicans got about Bill Clinton perjuring himself in a low level civil trial about sex with a White House intern pushed and funded by rich wingnut enemies, which was ultimately thrown out of court as groundless, and accompanied by an impeachment pushed by a GOP Speaker who was carrying on an affair at the same time!

Fixed that for ya.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: October 20, 2022 05:39PM
Lizabeth
RgrF

One can only hope it works that way.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 20, 2022 06:59PM
DinerDave
Lizabeth
RgrF

Dave

This isn't a delay. A delay tactic is the Special Master. This is simple Adjudication.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: October 20, 2022 07:04PM
vision63
DinerDave
Lizabeth
RgrF

Dave

This isn't a delay. A delay tactic is the Special Master. This is simple Adjudication.

The delay process will begin once/if charges are sought.

BTW: My condolences, has your period of baseball mourning ended?
Date: October 20, 2022 07:12PM
RgrF
vision63
DinerDave
Lizabeth
RgrF

Dave

I don't mourn teams that lose. That's your new style fanbases. You just keep it moving. Just get 'em next year.
Posted by: hal
Date: October 20, 2022 07:39PM
vision63
RgrF
vision63
DinerDave
Lizabeth
RgrF

Dave

I don't mourn teams that lose. That's your new style fanbases. You just keep it moving. Just get 'em next year.

How are you gonna get a riot going with THAT attitude?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: October 21, 2022 09:27AM
vision63
RgrF
vision63
DinerDave
Lizabeth
RgrF

Dave

This WAS next year.

It is what it is.
Date: October 21, 2022 12:23PM
N-OS X-tasy!
vision63
RgrF
vision63
DinerDave
Lizabeth
RgrF

Dave

This WAS next year.

In my lifetime, the Dodgers have won 6 World Series Championships. The Lakers have won 12 NBA Championships, The Ram's 1 Superbowl and the Raiders 1 Superbowl.

The Giants have won 3 (the A's have won 4 and own the G'nts). The Warriors have won 5 and the 49ers have won 5. Los Angeles kicks San Francisco's ass all over the map except in Football.

And THAT my friends is what matters most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2022 12:24PM by vision63.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: October 21, 2022 01:32PM
vision63
Los Angeles kicks San Francisco's ass all over the map except in Football.

For the record...

"The [49ers] team was founded in 1946 as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference (AAFC), and joined the NFL in 1949..." and has ALWAYS been in the Bay Area; over 60 years.

On the other hand...

The Rams team "...was founded in 1936 as the Cleveland Rams in Cleveland, Ohio...moved to Los Angeles in 1946...moved to St. Louis, Missouri, becoming the St. Louis Rams (in 1995)...moved back to Los Angeles in 2016.

The Raiders team was founded in Oakland in 1960...moved to Los Angeles in 1982...moved back to Oakland in 1994...then moved to Las Vegas in 2020.
Date: October 21, 2022 02:22PM
DeusxMac
vision63
Los Angeles kicks San Francisco's ass all over the map except in Football.

For the record...

"The [49ers] team was founded in 1946 as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference (AAFC), and joined the NFL in 1949..." and has ALWAYS been in the Bay Area; over 60 years.

On the other hand...

The Rams team "...was founded in 1936 as the Cleveland Rams in Cleveland, Ohio...moved to Los Angeles in 1946...moved to St. Louis, Missouri, becoming the St. Louis Rams (in 1995)...moved back to Los Angeles in 2016.

The Raiders team was founded in Oakland in 1960...moved to Los Angeles in 1982...moved back to Oakland in 1994...then moved to Las Vegas in 2020.

I only go by what has been won in my lifetime in their current city (area). Technically the Lakers have 17 Championships, The Dodgers have one more they won in Brooklyn. The Rams have another in St Louis. I'm only counting the titles won in Los Angeles.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: October 21, 2022 04:53PM
cbelt3
Diminished capacity defense.
"My client has been diagnosed with acute narcissistic psychosis, and cannot be held responsible for his actions. He is attending group therapy with fellow sufferers, like Elon Musk."

LOL

!#$@@$#!

proofraed by OwEn the c@t.

Nobody remembers their first download, but everyone remembers their 1st LP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 79
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020