advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
More on the Pelosi assault
Posted by: hal
Date: October 31, 2022 02:20PM
David DePape has been charged with attempted kidnapping of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the FBI alleged in their charging document that his intent was to detain and injure her when he entered her house last week, charging documents show.

He says Pelosi is the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party.

MORE: DePape gave an interview to police where he said he intended to question Speaker Pelosi. He told them if she told the truth he’d let her go but if she lied to him he’d break her kneecaps.

More from the criminal complaint, “DEPAPE also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other Members of Congress there were consequences to actions.”

NEW: Investigators found zip ties, white rope, a roll of tape, a second hammer, and pairs of gloves from the crime scene at Speaker Pelosi’s house, federal charging documents say.

NEW: Federal charges are expected to be filed this afternoon against the man who broke into Speaker Pelosi’s house, David DePape, and accused by state authorities of attempting to kill her husband Paul Pelosi.

from Tom Winter NBC [twitter.com] (transcribed from twitter)

[edit - fixed order of parahraphs)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2022 03:19PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: More on the Pelosi assault
Posted by: Janit
Date: October 31, 2022 03:15PM
I know I'm being paranoid, but maybe he should also be charged with something in state courts as well.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 31, 2022 03:15PM
Wow.

I want Secret Service for both Pelosis and their children.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 31, 2022 03:22PM
I am a bit surprised that there is no security assigned to the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempe, along with their immediate family. The speaker in particular as that person is third in line for the presidency.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Date: October 31, 2022 03:24PM
Ombligo
I am a bit surprised that there is no security assigned to the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempe, along with their immediate family. The speaker in particular as that person is third in line for the presidency.

She has something but it is only for her, so if she's not home the family is vulnerable.
Date: October 31, 2022 03:26PM
Janit
I know I'm being paranoid, but maybe he should also be charged with something in state courts as well.

He wiil face state charges, a long list of felonies including attempted murder.
Date: October 31, 2022 03:29PM
So he didn't leave after he heard Mr. Pelosi call 911 because
"much like the American founding fathers with the British, he was fighting against tyranny without the option of surrender."

[www.sfgate.com]

Well these people are consistent.
Posted by: hal
Date: October 31, 2022 03:53PM
Lemon Drop
"much like the American founding fathers with the British, he was fighting against tyranny without the option of surrender."

It makes sense if you're crazy...
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 31, 2022 04:48PM
confused smileyeek2 smiley who doesn’t understand?
Date: October 31, 2022 04:50PM
Very long list of state charges being announced now.

Attempted murder, elder abuse, etc.

Posted by: GGD
Date: October 31, 2022 05:32PM
I haven't seen any mention of guns for anyone involved, has the NRA commented yet on how more guns would have improved this situation?

DePape gave an interview to police where he said he intended to question Speaker Pelosi. He told them if she told the truth he’d let her go but if she lied to him he’d break her kneecaps.

Wonder how he was planning to determine if she was telling the truth.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 31, 2022 05:45PM
Lemon Drop
Very long list of state charges being announced now.

Attempted murder, elder abuse, etc.

I drive past her house for the fun of it. Their home as been constantly protested in front of and vandalized. I just will never understand how people are allowed to protest or gather at any public figure's house. Dianne Feinstein's house is nearby but she doesn't get the same vitriol.
Posted by: bfd
Date: October 31, 2022 07:41PM
Same thing - sans this level of violence - is happening all over. It's pervaded all levels of government from school board members all the way up.

Could this be why so few with any level of sanity are willing to run for governmental offices?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 31, 2022 11:28PM
bfd
Same thing - sans this level of violence - is happening all over. It's pervaded all levels of government from school board members all the way up.

Could this be why so few with any level of sanity are willing to run for governmental offices?

Yes. To all of that.

Hurts like a bastid...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020