Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Schiller Deactivates Twitter Account
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 20, 2022 11:05AM
Would probably end up on this side anyway, so here it is:
[www.macrumors.com]

I think its really hilarious how the Musk haters and Trump haters fight. Elon has more redeeming qualities and bad ones. Tesla & SpaceX vs Twitter. Apple should offer to buy it at half price!

Apple's Phil Schiller, responsible for Apple events and the App Store, has deactivated his Twitter account following recent developments on the platform.

Schiller often used his account to promote new Apple products, services, software, and initiatives and interact with customers. As noted on Twitter by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, however, Schiller's account no longer exists. The account had over 200,000 followers and was created in November 2008 according to a web archive of the account dated November 4.

Yesterday, Twitter CEO Elon Musk announced that former President Trump's account would be reinstated on the platform following its suspension in January 2021. In a recent interview, Apple's CEO Tim Cook commented about the future of Twitter and the social media platform's relationship with Apple. During the interview, Cook said he remained hopeful Twitter would uphold its moderation standard under the new leadership.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Schiller Deactivates Twitter Account
Posted by: hal
Date: November 20, 2022 11:29AM
I never followed him... can't imagine why someone would, but now that option is gone. Oh well... we will get by somehow :-)
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 20, 2022 08:53PM
I just looked and my Twitter account dates to Feb 2007.
As I remember it, someone at a company I worked with sent me an invite, as it was originally planned to be a B to B site. I guess I was a pretty early adopter, if I beat old “punch him in the nuts” Schiller by more than a year. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 21, 2022 07:50AM
Didn't he get punched in the nuts once?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 139
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020