advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Anti-woke bank shuts down
Posted by: hal
Date: November 21, 2022 12:48PM
[www.wsj.com]

The Texas startup that sought to build a conservative banking alternative is shutting down.

GloriFi has laid off most of its employees and told them that it is closing up shop, according to people familiar with the matter and emails to employees reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The company’s fate became clear on Friday, when funding that it hoped would carry it through the first quarter fell through, Cathy Landtroop, the company’s chief marketing and communications officer, said in an email to employees.

The “financial challenges related to startup mistakes, the failing economy, reputational attacks, and multiple negative stories took their toll,” Ms. Landtroop wrote in the email.

GloriFi’s app made its debut in September. The company said customers could open checking and savings accounts and apply for credit cards. The app was aimed at people who saw Wall Street as too liberal and wanted a bank that shared their values.

wtf?? I imagine that an investigation may find some grift, don't you?

Wall Street too liberal??? A bank that shares your values??? again, wtf?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anti-woke bank shuts down
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 21, 2022 12:52PM
It doesn’t help when all the money you deposit goes straight to the former president.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 21, 2022 01:23PM
hal
wtf?? I imagine that an investigation may find some grift, don't you?

First thing that crossed my mind was "how much money is missing from the customer accounts".
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 21, 2022 01:38PM
Toby Neugebauer

"He has donated $110,000 to Rick Perry, according to the Texans for Public Justice. The donation came from Blackstone Limited I, and was given to a Super PAC called Jobs for Iowa, which shared the same address as Quantum Energy Partners. He has also let the governor fly on his private jet to attend a meeting with the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission in Biloxi, Mississippi, which was reported as a $6,250 "in-kind" campaign contribution. In 2015, he was the sole donor to Ted Cruz' Super PAC, "Keep The Promise II", contributing $10 million, representing one of the largest campaign donations ever made of this type. Neugebauer was in charge of the Super PAC, which was part of a group of 4 Super PACs supporting Cruz. As of mid March 2016, practically none of the money in the Neugebauer led Super PAC had been spent, leading to media speculations that he might withdraw the money from the race. After Cruz's withdrawal from the presidential campaign on May 3, 2016, Neugebauer withdrew the unspent $9M from the Super PAC."

"In 2010, in an attempt to teach philanthropy to his sons, he took his family on a 110-day world tour to visit the slums of Mumbai, the orphanages of China, and the dirt-path villages of Tanzania.
RollingEyesSmiley5

I have little doubt they did NOT spend very much of that "110-day world tour" in those three locations.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 21, 2022 02:41PM
DeusxMac
[
"In 2010, in an attempt to teach philanthropy to his sons, he took his family on a 110-day world tour to visit the slums of Mumbai, the orphanages of China, and the dirt-path villages of Tanzania.[/i] RollingEyesSmiley5

I have little doubt they did NOT spend very much of that "110-day world tour" in those three locations.

I have a second cousin, investment banker, who took his children on a 'Safari of Humanity" to visit some tough towns in India and Bangladesh. I was not impressed, He's a jerk.

MY sister, OTOH, works on species survival programs as part of her zoo responsibilities. In poor villages in Africa, funding rangers and improvement projects so they don't have to hunt the animals to extinction. Also works tirelessly on rain forest conservation programs in Belize and Costa Rica.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 21, 2022 07:52PM
Speedy
It doesn’t help when all the money you deposit goes straight to the former president.

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 21, 2022 08:37PM
"conservative banking alternative"

What the hell does that even mean?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 21, 2022 10:39PM
Rolando
"conservative banking alternative"

What the hell does that even mean?

WWJB?

Where would Jesus bank?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 22, 2022 08:39PM
Make Banking Great Again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020