advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Today's mass murder-GUNZ! Walmart in VA
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 22, 2022 10:24PM
GUNZ, Walmart, Mass murder. Happy Holidays

Multiple people were killed in a shooting at a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia, after a 'manager' opened fire.

According to those at the scene, the manager entered the break room and opened fire on other staff at the store. 

Police have said they believe the gunman is dead.

The exact number of victims is not clear. 

Chesapeake Police Department dispatchers confirmed there was a shooting at the store, located at 1521 Sam’s Circle, at around 10pm.

More than 40 emergency response vehicles attended the scene. 

Police officer Leo Kosinkski says there were multiple fatalities and injuries and that police are searching the building. 
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Today's mass murder-GUNZ! Walmart in VA
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 22, 2022 10:48PM
link?

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 22, 2022 11:07PM
CNN coverage

9:45pm pacific
  • The shooting began at approximately 10:12pm local time.
  • Police are saying they are approximating less than 10 deaths.
  • Single shooter, dead, as of latest report.
  • No confirmation if the shooter ended his own life or was killed by police, but there was no reported firefight between police and the perpetrator.
  • Police are still searching the building, a Super Walmart.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2022 11:26PM by Blankity Blank.
Date: November 23, 2022 01:37AM
CNN coverage

11:55pm pacific
  • The shooter is believed to have been an employee or ex-employee.
  • It’s reported the shooter entered an employee break room and began shooting.
  • Still no confirmed numbers regarding victims.
  • It’s believed the killer ended his own life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2022 01:41AM by Blankity Blank.
Date: November 23, 2022 05:40AM
CNN coverage

4:00am pacific
Local Fox outlet WAVY TV is reporting that they spoke with a Walmart employee who says she was in the break room where the shooting happened. She told them a manager started shooting from left to right. She says that the manager let her go. They are seeking to confirm this with police.
  • Authorities are now reporting 6 dead, there are also reports of at least 5 people being treated at a trauma center.
  • Authorities are also confirming the killer was a current or former employee, who entered a breakroom and began shooting.
  • A greeter at the store’s entrance told reporters the shooting began at the back of the store.
  • One deceased victim was found outside the store.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 23, 2022 06:05AM
7:30 am

-- Seven people including the gunman have died in a shooting at a Walmart supermarket in Chesapeake, Virginia, police say
-- A man, believed to be the store manager, opened fire and killed six people before reportedly turning the gun on himself
-- Police say that the attack happened at 10:12 PM
-- At least five people are being treated for their injuries at a local hospital

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2022 06:06AM
Tots and preyers from the gov. and lt. gov. No doubt the Russian-funded NRA will soon join that chorus.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 23, 2022 07:08AM
I don’t understand all these shootingsconfused smiley suddenly we are in an era of shooters. Not shooting with any reason. Just shooters. Nonsense killing. Insane.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 23, 2022 07:23AM
Shooting at Walmart? It's not even Black Friday yet... RollingEyesSmiley5

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: November 23, 2022 07:58AM
Speedy
Tots and preyers from the gov. and lt. gov. No doubt the Russian-funded NRA will soon join that chorus.

The governor of VA has the IQ and sensibilities of a road-kill gopher.

Best he keeps his mouth shut.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 23, 2022 08:19AM
samintx
I don’t understand all these shootingsconfused smiley suddenly we are in an era of shooters. Not shooting with any reason. Just shooters. Nonsense killing. Insane.

I've always wondered when it was going to ramp up. For a while, a few mass shootings here and there, but we have really stepped up the violence. It only makes sense, really, as whatelse is there to do with all of the guns if you can't use them?
Posted by: steve...
Date: November 23, 2022 11:30AM
From the CNN link:

Tuesday’s shooting happened as the US has recorded more than 600 mass shootings so far this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. The archive and CNN tally a mass shooting as one involving at least four killed or injured, not including the shooter.

confused smiley

Wonder how many of these involved assault rifles.

Northern California Coast
Date: November 23, 2022 11:45AM
CNN coverage

10:00am pacific
  • The shooter has been identified and was a night shift ‘team lead’.
  • A handgun was used in the killings.
  • Authorities now report 6 dead, there were also reports of at least 5 people at a local trauma center, now said to be 4 still hospitalized.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 23, 2022 12:58PM
Mass shootings have not eased up, I think we are headed for a record year. They don't all make national news.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 23, 2022 01:32PM
“Just think, though, at how few shootings there would be if everyone were armed.”

We are not as far above other great apes as we would like to think. An armed America is not a polite America. It is a society consisting of hundreds of millions of armed apes just one hair’s breadth away from “having a bad day.”
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 23, 2022 03:03PM
The hand gun did it?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2022 05:12PM
Mr645
The hand gun did it?

Yes. Apparently his AR15 was in the shop for repairs.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 23, 2022 05:48PM
There is not a lot of chatter about this shooting on my social media outlets. These are coming too close together and we are getting inured to them. Which is bad because the NRA will be more than happy to have us accept them and stop trying to fix it.

Posted by: bfd
Date: November 23, 2022 08:01PM
You gotta wonder how the Authoritarians plan to deal with all the gun violence once they're in power … do they just take the killers out back and shoot them or will they go all out for public executions?

Seems like public executions are already occurring at a ridiculous rate, and there's an argument to be made that by choosing to ignore the problem, the government is complicit…
Date: November 24, 2022 07:05AM
$tevie
There is not a lot of chatter about this shooting on my social media outlets. These are coming too close together and we are getting inured to them. Which is bad because the NRA will be more than happy to have us accept them and stop trying to fix it.
Because it was a black guy with a hand gun. Wrong agenda
Date: November 24, 2022 07:06AM
Speedy
Mr645
The hand gun did it?

Yes. Apparently his AR15 was in the shop for repairs.
Not likely, they are very reliable rifles and he probably had 5 or 6 of them
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020