advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Hey, my county added the extra early voting day
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 23, 2022 07:57AM
Cobb county is, in my opinion, purple.
I just checked the county early voting website, and I can now early vote on Saturday, the extra early vote day that Warnock sued to get added to the calendar.
I’ll still probably vote on Sunday, but I was pleased to see they did the right thing.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Hey, my county added the extra early voting day
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 23, 2022 08:36AM
Thats great. I think all the counties that matter for Warnock will do it.
I hope all of them do it.

IMO a county risks being sued by voters if they refuse to make an important voting opportunity available.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 23, 2022 11:56AM
Lemon Drop

Clayton County hasn't which surprises me. On a more unfortunate note, Clayton County mailed my absentee ballot to my GA address not to California where I am for a few months. Got on the phone immediately with them when I saw my USPS delivery email. Apparently the scan of the application i sent was too small to read yet, they could read it was my name and just mail something. If they could read my name they could have called me to say there was a problem as my phone number must be part of my voting record given the number of election texts and phone calls I receive!

Emailed them a new scan. Latest message from them says they are contacting the post office. I replied asking what that will accomplish since the ballot is already out for delivery.

stay tuned.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 23, 2022 12:05PM
graylocks
Lemon Drop

Clayton County hasn't which surprises me. On a more unfortunate note, Clayton County mailed my absentee ballot to my GA address not to California where I am for a few months. Got on the phone immediately with them when I saw my USPS delivery email. Apparently the scan of the application i sent was too small to read yet, they could read it was my name and just mail something. If they could read my name they could have called me to say there was a problem as my phone number must be part of my voting record given the number of election texts and phone calls I receive!

Emailed them a new scan. Latest message from them says they are contacting the post office. I replied asking what that will accomplish since the ballot is already out for delivery.

stay tuned.

GET ON THE RED-EYE HOME! The republic is at stake!
Date: November 23, 2022 12:56PM
graylocks
Lemon Drop

stay tuned.

Ugh. Hope your ballot turns up soon.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 23, 2022 12:58PM
Lemon Drop
graylocks
Lemon Drop

stay tuned.

Ugh. Hope your ballot turns up soon.

DOUBLE UGH!!! Fingers crossed.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2022 01:00PM
Have a like-thinking neighbor? Willing to pay for overnight delivery? You would be forever shunned on the forum should Sen. Warnock lose by one vote.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: November 23, 2022 01:02PM
Speedy
Have a like-thinking neighbor? Willing to pay for overnight delivery? You would be forever shunned on the forum should Sen. Warnock lose by one vote.

number one and only son is home. hoping he's in a good mood and agreeable to overnight it to me if need be.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: November 23, 2022 01:06PM
graylocks
Speedy

number one and only son is home. hoping he's in a good mood and agreeable to overnight it to me if need be.

Hmmm, have a like-thinking neighbor?

Date: November 23, 2022 02:27PM
Georgia's Supreme Court has sided with Democrats, Saturday voting in the runoff stays.

Democracy is having a decent autumn so far.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 23, 2022 05:46PM
Lemon Drop
Georgia's Supreme Court has sided with Democrats, Saturday voting in the runoff stays.

I feel like a limp dish rag from months of stressing about the mid-terms. Can't wait for this last one to be over.

Date: November 24, 2022 10:43AM
$tevie
Lemon Drop

I feel like a limp dish rag from months of stressing about the mid-terms. Can't wait for this last one to be over.

It’s never over, it just goes on hiatus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020