advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
58% of COVID deaths are now vaccinated people
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 23, 2022 03:02PM
[www.stripes.com]

Most COVID deaths now are vaccinated and boosted people.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 58% of COVID deaths are now vaccinated people
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 23, 2022 03:09PM
Mr645

One demerit for poor reading comprehension.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 23, 2022 03:11PM
Mr645
[www.stripes.com]

You’re trolling and posting out right lies again, please stop trolling and posting lies.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 23, 2022 03:33PM
The op is factually correct, just out of context. Read the entire article, you will find this stat is unsurprising, completely expected for this stage of the pandemic and the vaccine campaign in the US.
Date: November 23, 2022 03:35PM
Lemon Drop
The op is factually correct, just out of context.

In other words he is lying, because a lie of omission is still a lie.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 23, 2022 03:38PM
To clarify where I'm coming from to quote -

>Fifty-eight percent of coronavirus deaths in August were people who were vaccinated or boosted

the group of people vaccinated or boosted is not the same as those who are vaccinated AND boosted.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 23, 2022 04:09PM
Bottom line of article: you are increasing your risk of death from COVID if you don't get vaxxed and boosted, especially if you are older.

We already knew this Mr. 645.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 23, 2022 04:12PM
that article spread across the rightwingosphere faster than light
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 23, 2022 04:29PM
Twelve times higher risk of death for the older unvaccinated. Nothing new there.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 23, 2022 04:48PM
There's another point about percentage losses. I've been following the Los Angeles County death totals for a while. Consider the following two numbers

Los Angeles County has more people than all but 11 states, topping New Jersey as the next most populous. Think of that when I mention the deaths per day numbers.

Currently, Los Angeles County is suffering about 4 Covid deaths per day.

I've not found statistics on what percentage of countywide deaths are in unvaccinated. Whatever it might be, it's clear that the overall transmission is way down from what it was before, presumably because almost all of the elderly have been fully vaccinated, and also because the whole population has probably been exposed to some variant of the virus.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 23, 2022 04:51PM
“Being unvaccinated is still a major risk factor for dying from COVID-19. But efficacy wanes over time, and an analysis out last week from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention highlights the need to get regular booster shots to keep one’s risk of death from the coronavirus low, especially for the elderly.”

If you want to distinguish yourself from your friends, family, and neighbors, don’t make conclusions based on an article’s title. The purpose of a title is to draw attention, not to provide context.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 23, 2022 05:35PM
S. Pupp
The purpose of a title is to draw attention, not to provide context.
thumbs up

Some people are so very anxious to be able to say I Told You So regarding not getting vaccinated that they jump on every supposed opportunity. Most of them are the same people who have never understood from the git-go how a pandemic spreads.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 23, 2022 05:40PM

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 23, 2022 06:38PM
OP doing a crackerjack job of demonstrating that “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”.
Posted by: gadje
Date: November 23, 2022 07:11PM
I saw the same thing mentioned in Washington Post today. I think the way these nuts interpret the numbers is crazy. Here is how these idiots think:

if you have 1,000,000, of which 95% are vaccinated and 5% are not,

And if those 950,000 vaccinated, the death rate is 0.2%, you have 1900 deaths

and from the 50,000 unvaccinated people the death rate is 2%, then you have 1000 deaths.

Of course, right wing nuts are going to say more vaccinated people died, which is true, but I will take my 0.2% chances than their 2% chances.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 23, 2022 09:29PM
AllGold

smiley-laughing001

I'll have to borrow those to show to my students, when we cover statistics...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Diana
Date: November 23, 2022 10:27PM
gadje
I saw the same thing mentioned in Washington Post today. I think the way these nuts interpret the numbers is crazy. Here is how these idiots think:

if you have 1,000,000, of which 95% are vaccinated and 5% are not,

And if those 950,000 vaccinated, the death rate is 0.2%, you have 1900 deaths

and from the 50,000 unvaccinated people the death rate is 2%, then you have 1000 deaths.

Of course, right wing nuts are going to say more vaccinated people died, which is true, but I will take my 0.2% chances than their 2% chances.

Taking your numbers: 1900 + 1000 = 2900 deaths, and
1900/2900 x 100% = 65.5% of the deaths were from vaccinated people!
only 1000/2900 x 100% = 34.5% were from UNvaccinated people!

This is how they can make those outrageous claims. On the surface, they appear to be right; however, seeing what you want to see only blinds you to the actual facts of the case. The unvaccinated people still have a 2% death rate whereas the vaccinated have a 0.2% death rate.

This is basically how they reported this, Mr645, if you READ through the ENTIRE article you will see it. It is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Too short an attention span, or just can't be bothered to read it (or can't understand what was read) plus the need for attention, equals a drive-by trolling. Guys, you're never going to change Mr645's mind and even if he did come back and read the comments I doubt that anything would change.
Date: November 23, 2022 10:51PM
Like I said, he's lying, and he knows this (I'm sure).
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2022 11:44PM
From the Post article:

“Let’s take a look at deaths in August, when the highly contagious BA.5 variant reached its peak:

That month, unvaccinated people aged 6 months and older died at about six times the rate of those who had received their primary series of shots.

People with one booster dose were even better protected. Unvaccinated people over the age of 5 had about 8 times the risk of dying from a coronavirus infection than those who received a booster shot.

Among individuals who were eligible to receive additional booster shots, the gap is even more striking. Unvaccinated people 50 and up had 12 times the risk of dying from covid-19 than adults the same age with two or more booster doses.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 24, 2022 09:42AM
I did not know that sharks ate ice cream.
Looks like the bottom gull got more ice cream than the shark.

While I do not trust Pfizer or other members of biG pharma, work required me to vac and boost. I gotta eat.

It's not like we haven't seen other evidence of the thieving crooked 5h1th3@d$ aka biG pharma. And it's not like they didn't make insane profits from vaccs that were barely properly tested. Wonder how many of them are more 'pubs' supporters rather than dem?

Had [ ] closed the country down to all incoming flights when the CDC first knew that the 5h1t was coming (in Dec of 2019) like SoKo and NZ did, we'd have been better off over the longer period of time.
Had the same 5h1th3@d supported the mask concept to his fanatics, we'd have been in better shape.

Indeed trolling 645, the current world inflation and economic situ is at least partially because 2 of the worlds most populous and traveling countries (India & the US) paid no attention to reality and left the doors open and masks off in 2020.
Certainly, pootie hasn't helped the situ nuther. I'm trying to remember, who's his best friend former potus?

How does it smell up there?

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Tiangou
Date: November 24, 2022 10:17AM
Fritz
Had [ ] closed the country down to all incoming flights when the CDC first knew that the 5h1t was coming (in Dec of 2019) like SoKo and NZ did, we'd have been better off over the longer period of time.

Would have accomplished absolutely nothing.

OTOH, had the CDC and Trump come out with strong masking guidelines as soon as there was indication that it spread by aerosolizing, it would have probably saved several hundred thousand lives.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 24, 2022 10:32AM
Tiangou
Fritz

Would have accomplished absolutely nothing.

OTOH, had the CDC and Trump come out with strong masking guidelines as soon as there was indication that it spread by aerosolizing, it would have probably saved several hundred thousand lives.

He had his re-election to prioritize.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 24, 2022 01:32PM
AllGold

My favorite is:

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 26, 2022 05:14PM
the need for attention equals a drive-by trolling

I think this is the crux of his problem, and nothing else.

Guys, you're never going to change Mr645's mind and even if he did come back and read the comments I doubt that anything would change.

QED

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 71
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020