advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump floats third party run
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 31, 2022 07:43AM
Posting on Truth Social, he suggested running as a third-party candidate if Republican leaders don’t get behind his run for the presidency.

[www.yahoo.com]

We can only hope.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump floats third party run
Posted by: gadje
Date: December 31, 2022 08:02AM
That would probably be the best thing he can do for this country.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 31, 2022 08:41AM
I would rather he waited a little while before doing so - ideally he would go into the Republican primary process, and then say the process was rigged against him when they didn’t welcome him with sweets and flowers.

And the Deplorables would fall for that hook line and sinker.
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 31, 2022 09:05AM
If he starts now, there's more time to generate candidates to spoil other races. Which seems like a good thing for my definition of the good guys, But we all got burned bad with the "unelectable" 2016 Trump. These wacko demagogues have been attracting scary amounts of votes..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2022 09:08AM by Acer.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 31, 2022 09:07AM
But also more time for Republicans to get used to the idea (via Faux News and the like) that Trump may not be all that.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 31, 2022 09:46AM
He can't win the White House so he is going to try to take the GOP down in revenge. That's the kind of guy he is.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: December 31, 2022 10:49AM
$tevie
He can't win the White House so he is going to try to take the GOP down in revenge and make more money. That's the kind of guy he is.

Edited to add text in red. :-)

e pluribus unum
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 31, 2022 11:24AM
Just a threat by Voldemort.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: December 31, 2022 12:07PM
I know something else that floats...

=TC
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 31, 2022 12:14PM
TheCaber
I know something else that floats...
thumbs up
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 31, 2022 12:17PM
pdq
I would rather he waited a little while before doing so - ideally he would go into the Republican primary process, and then say the process was rigged against him when they didn’t welcome him with sweets and flowers.

yes.
and I will support [ ] 3rd party run if [ ] waits.
giggle, giggle, giggle.
perhaps mtg will join as running shoe.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Numo
Date: December 31, 2022 12:26PM
$tevie
He can't win the White House so he is going to try to take the GOP down in revenge. That's the kind of guy he is.

This, this, this.

So what’s going to happen when the GOP candidates realize T really IS willing to take them down with him? Turnabout is fair play - will they decide to throw HIM under the bus? Imagine the political contortions that would require!
Posted by: lost in space
Date: December 31, 2022 12:40PM
The repub party might see this as enough of a threat to them for 2024 that they'd go ahead and support him. After all, they've done worse to win. Well, maybe there's nothing worse than this.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 31, 2022 01:05PM
We truly live in "Interesting times"!!
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 31, 2022 01:19PM
lost in space
The repub party might see this as enough of a threat to them for 2024 that they'd go ahead and support him. After all, they've done worse to win. Well, maybe there's nothing worse than this.

Posted by: vision63
Date: December 31, 2022 01:52PM
A floundering fish with a lethal army.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 31, 2022 02:43PM
I'd rather have that than traditional Republicans joining the Democratic Party and pushing it even further right.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 159
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020