advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump says he will be arrested in Atlanta at 7:30 p.m.-wants to sever speedy trial from Chesebro request
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: August 24, 2023 03:05PM
Trump says he will be arrested in Atlanta at 7:30 p.m.

Trump said in a social media post that he will be arrested in Atlanta, Georgia, at 7:30 p.m
-
Trump doesn’t want October trial date, will seek to sever from Chesebro

Trump, in a court filing, opposed a call by Fulton County prosecutor Fani Willis to begin his trial on Oct. 23.

He also said he would seek to sever his case from that of co-defendant Kenneth Chesebro, whose request for a speedy trial led Willis to ask a judge to start the trial for all 19 defendants in late October.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump says he will be arrested in Atlanta at 7:30 p.m.-wants to sever speedy trial from Chesebro request
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 24, 2023 03:20PM
Willis is well-prepared for any spaghetti these defendants try to throw against the wall.

She fires off smoldering responses to their inane filings well before deadline. She had all those ready beforehand.

She took a long time to prepare all this, and it was worth the wait.
Re: Trump says he will be arrested in Atlanta at 7:30 p.m.-wants to sever speedy trial from Chesebro request
Date: August 24, 2023 03:34PM

Do we get a choice?
Posted by: Smote
Date: August 24, 2023 05:03PM
I read it as if he isn't elected in 2024, they will kill themselves?

smiley-music039

The "idea" of "making America Great Again" is perfectly fine, the definition as applied isn't, nor is the methodology.

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Date: August 24, 2023 05:10PM
“But please excuse me, I have to start getting ready to head down to Atlanta, Georgia…to get ARRESTED by a Radical Left, Lowlife District Attorney, Fani Willis, for A PERFECT PHONE CALL, and having the audacity to challenge a RIGGED & STOLEN ELECTION.” Trump wrote.

“THE EVIDENCE IS IRREFUTABLE! ARREST TIME: 7:30 P.M.”
Posted by: GGD
Date: August 24, 2023 05:19PM
Steve G.
“THE EVIDENCE IS IRREFUTABLE!”

That's probably the only true thing he's said, but probably not in the same context he meant.
Posted by: samintx
Date: August 24, 2023 05:47PM
Steve G.
“But please excuse me, I have to start getting ready to head down to Atlanta, Georgia…to get ARRESTED by a Radical Left, Lowlife District Attorney, Fani Willis, for A PERFECT PHONE CALL, and having the audacity to challenge a RIGGED & STOLEN ELECTION.” Trump wrote.

“THE EVIDENCE IS IRREFUTABLE! ARREST TIME: 7:30 P.M.”

Doesn’t this violate his porole?
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 24, 2023 06:32PM
It’s on our local channels now.
Apparently MTG was/is there. RollingEyesSmiley5
I have switched back to a PBS show on the shingle beaches of Britain. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: August 24, 2023 06:38PM
He's been booked.

This is wild.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 25, 2023 03:22AM
This is wild.

LOL!

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020