advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
'nother one: Capitol rioter who attacked AP photographer and police officers is sentenced to 5 years in prison
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 22, 2023 05:16PM
Shoulda Shot Him

Capitol rioter who attacked AP photographer and police officers is sentenced to 5 years in prison
[apnews.com]

WASHINGTON (AP) — A man who attacked an Associated Press photographer and threw a flagpole and smoke grenade at police officers guarding the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, was sentenced on Friday to five years in prison.

Rodney Milstreed, 56, of Finksburg, Maryland, “prepared himself for battle” on Jan. 6 by injecting steroids and arming himself with a four-foot wooden club disguised as a flagpole, prosecutors said.

“He began taking steroids in the weeks leading up to January 6, so that he would be ‘jacked’ and ready because, he said, someone needed to ‘hang for treason’ and the battle might come down to hand-to-hand combat,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

A prosecutor showed U.S. District Judge James Boasberg videos of Milstreed’s attacks outside the Capitol. Milstreed told the judge that it was painful to watch his violent acts and hear his combative language that day.
-

In a letter addressed to the judge before sentencing, Milstreed said he understands the “wrongfulness” of his actions on Jan. 6 and has learned from his “mistakes.”

A cache of weapons and ammunition found at Milstreed’s Maryland home included an unregistered AR-15 rifle. In his Colorado hotel room, investigators found 94 vials of what appeared to be illegal steroids.

Angry about the 2020 presidential election results, Milstreed spewed violent, threatening rhetoric on social media in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 attack. In late December, he emailed a Maryland chapter of the Proud Boys to inquire about joining the far-right extremist group.

On the morning of Jan. 6, he took a train into Washington then attended then-President Donald Trump ‘s “Stop the Steal” rally near the White House and then followed the crowd of Trump supporters to the Capitol.

Milstreed was “front and center” as rioters and police fought for control of the Capitol’s West Plaza, prosecutors said. He tossed his wooden club at a police line and struck the helmet of an officer who later was treated for a concussion.

A video captured Milstreed retrieving a smoke grenade from the crowd of rioters and throwing it back at police across a barricade.

Milstreed then joined other rioters in attacking an AP photographer on the Upper West Plaza. He grabbed the photographer’s backpack and yanked him down some steps.

“After the photographer stumbled to the bottom of the stairs, Milstreed shoved him and advanced toward him in a threatening fashion,” prosecutors wrote.

Milstreed used Facebook to update his friends on the riot in real time.

“Man I’ve never seen anything like this. I feel so alive.” he wrote to one friend, sharing photos of blood on a floor outside the Capitol.

He told another Facebook friend that it “felt good” to punch the photographer, whose assault was captured on video by another AP photographer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 'nother one: Capitol rioter who attacked AP photographer and police officers is sentenced to 5 years in prison
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 23, 2023 08:42AM
I love these feel-good stories. They make my day.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: 'nother one: Capitol rioter who attacked AP photographer and police officers is sentenced to 5 years in prison
Posted by: JoeH
Date: September 23, 2023 10:33AM
Speedy
I love these feel-good stories. They make my day.

They will be going on for a long time yet. They are still identifying and arresting people. Local paper had a story just over a week ago about the arrest of a local resident who was arrested and charged with crime connected to Jan. 6. He was spotted by a state trooper during a stop for a moving violation recently.
Posted by: vision63
Date: September 23, 2023 11:50AM
Seems like that guy really should have gotten more time.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 23, 2023 06:15PM
Seems like that guy really should have gotten more time.

Double that, to open.

Seriously.

taking steroids in the weeks in advance to be jacked and ready
someone need to hang for treason
it might come to hand-to-hand

to:

'I sawwy'.

Again, another judge seemingly really not aware of the enormity.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: September 24, 2023 01:30AM
Those people aren't very bright, are they?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: September 24, 2023 03:16PM
Ca Bob
Those people aren't very bright, are they?

Sort of goes without saying. MAGAts.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 642
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020