advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Velshi only on Sunday
Posted by: samintx
Date: October 14, 2023 11:59AM
What happened. Thought he was a number One guy of reporters.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Velshi only on Sunday
Posted by: steve...
Date: October 14, 2023 12:19PM
(I don't see any of this in the mainstream news)

MSNBC has quietly taken three of its Muslim broadcasters out of the anchor’s chair since Hamas’s attack on Israel last Saturday amid America’s wave of sympathy for Israeli terror victims.

The network did not air a scheduled Thursday night episode of The Mehdi Hasan Show on the streaming platform Peacock. MSNBC also reversed a plan for Ayman Mohyeldin to fill in this week on the network for host Joy Reid’s 7 p.m. show on Thursday and Friday. Mohyeldin, an Egyptian-American journalist and veteran NBC News correspondent covered the conflict from Gaza for two years. In 2021, he aggressively questioned Israeli leaders on strikes on the territory. Two network sources with knowledge of the plans told Semafor that the network also plans to have Alicia Menendez fill in this upcoming weekend for Ali Velshi, a third Muslim-American host who on Sunday interviewed a spokesman for the Palestinian Authority.

Some staff at MSNBC have been concerned by the moves, feeling all three hosts have some of the deepest knowledge of the conflict. NBC says the shifts are coincidental, and the three continue to appear on air to report and provide analysis.

Yahoo News

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 14, 2023 03:14PM
A move that essentially says the network can not trust them to be impartial. I would expect it from Newsmax or Fox (as if they would have ever have Muslim anchors).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 14, 2023 03:44PM
Velshi can be a hype machine sometimes. During the George Floyd riot season, he was off the chain. On the streets in the middle and the fringes of the mayhem. I think some non-lethal projectile grazed him.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: October 14, 2023 05:21PM
I think Ayman Mohyeldin really does know more about the subject than anyone else on air.
Posted by: Don C
Date: October 14, 2023 08:50PM
I don't watch Velshi when he is on. His interviews tend to be
"This is really terrible what I am telling you.
Now, guest, don't you think this is really terrible?"

Guest: "Why yes, this really is terrible..."

That said, his on the ground coverage from Ukraine has been pretty good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020