advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Noticed this at War-Mart (Ammo)
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 19, 2023 02:35PM
Was at a Wal-Mart today and this one sells air rifles and air pistols, as well as a wide assortment of ammo for rifles and shotguns. No actual firearms
The sell small caliber like .22 LR and .17 WHM and a wide range of larger caliber, including 22-250, .243, .270, 308, 350 Bushmaster, 450 Bushmaster, 30-30 and 30-06.
Missing was .223 and 5.56 caliber.
Why carry high powered ammo and skip .223? They carry 22-250 which is basically just .223 with 20% greater velocity. These larger rounds are able to take down bears and other large game. Terrifying what they would do to a human being

Biden/Putin 2024
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Noticed this at War-Mart (Ammo)
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: November 19, 2023 02:40PM
Mr645
Was at a Wal-Mart today and this one sells air rifles and air pistols, as well as a wide assortment of ammo for rifles and shotguns. No actual firearms
The sell small caliber like .22 LR and .17 WHM and a wide range of larger caliber, including 22-250, .243, .270, 308, 350 Bushmaster, 450 Bushmaster, 30-30 and 30-06.
Why carry high powered ammo and skip .223? They carry 22-250 which is basically just .223 with 20% greater velocity. These larger rounds are able to take down bears and other large game. Terrifying what they would do to a human being

You're right.

It's pure hypocrisy.

Walmart should stop selling weapons and ammo.

You should start a new petition.
[www.change.org]

Posted by: bfd
Date: November 19, 2023 03:41PM
You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might just get what you need…

smiley_gun_sniper
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 19, 2023 03:42PM
Guess "Political Ranting" is now "Ammo Ranting". facepalm
Posted by: Spock
Date: November 19, 2023 04:31PM
DeusxMac

Firearms Fondlers Forum?

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Date: November 19, 2023 06:07PM
Tiangou
Mr645

You're right.

It's pure hypocrisy.

[www.change.org]

You can always stop shopping at Wal-Mart or stand out front on the sidewalk with a sign.

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 19, 2023 06:08PM
DeusxMac

No, no, it's still "I hate Trump forum"

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: November 19, 2023 06:23PM
Mr645
Tiangou
Mr645

You're right.

It's pure hypocrisy.

[www.change.org]

You can always stop shopping at Wal-Mart or stand out front on the sidewalk with a sign.

What? You won't take a stand for your beliefs?

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 19, 2023 06:46PM
A true life story: My friend was murdered by gunshot. After the murder trial, I asked one of the police what round was used to kill him. The answer was 357 magnum hollow point. I later asked a family friend who knows about guns where you get this sort of ammunition, and the answer was, "You can get em at Walmart." Apparently we don't have controls over cop killer ammunition here or anywhere else in the US.

And yes, I do understand that 22 bullets can kill you or at least do a lot of damage, but a 357 hollow point leaves a hole (I saw it) where the eye was that looks like it was made by a wad cutter.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 19, 2023 07:13PM
357...22...30-60...I can't grasp these numbers. How many is that in Kindergarteners?
Date: November 20, 2023 06:18AM
Ca Bob
A true life story: My friend was murdered by gunshot. After the murder trial, I asked one of the police what round was used to kill him. The answer was 357 magnum hollow point. I later asked a family friend who knows about guns where you get this sort of ammunition, and the answer was, "You can get em at Walmart." Apparently we don't have controls over cop killer ammunition here or anywhere else in the US.

And yes, I do understand that 22 bullets can kill you or at least do a lot of damage, but a 357 hollow point leaves a hole (I saw it) where the eye was that looks like it was made by a wad cutter.

Sorry to hear about your friend. But likely if the killer used a hollow point in .357, 9mm, .38 special, 40 SW the results would not have been different. .22 is much smaller, far more survivable but yes, still kills living things. The Virginia school shooter, the worst school shooting in US history, the killer used a small .22 caliber pistol that holds 10 rounds.
I've never heard of "cop killer" rounds, but perhaps the rather new 5.7x28 that is getting more popular since it is a small, but fast moving bullet and was designed to penetrate some body armor fits the bill.

Fro pistols there are two main types of ammo, hollow point and ball ammo. Ball ammo is cheap, used at the range but not ideal for self defense. Ball ammo is likely to penetrate interior walls in your home. Where as hollow point, comes apart once it hits something, so like in a person, there is often no exit wound because the bullet entered, spreads, comes apart and does massive damage internally but whoever, whatever is beyond your target is safer. Hollow point ammo is much more costly.

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 20, 2023 06:37AM
Acer
357...22...30-60...I can't grasp these numbers. How many is that in Kindergarteners?

I know, it gets confusing. Even the numbers like .357 magnum or .357 Sig, two completely different bullets. But .357 magnum guns can typically fire .38 Special as well.

Power comes from energy, so we have to look at the weight and speed of the bullet.

Here are some photos showing sizes
[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

I realize these links may be more information than you're looking for but education is key. Several years ago I did not own a gun, had rarely fired them, but the daily gun violence bothered me. I decided to learn more about guns and now years later laugh at the mis-information spewed by our law makers trying to limit law abiding Americans from owning firearms

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 20, 2023 02:00PM
Shouldn’t this be on the Tips and Deals forum?

Mr645

Here is another Walmart special:

2-year-old injured after firing gun he pulled from his mother's purse inside Ohio Walmart

[www.aol.com]

A 2-year-old boy is recovering from minor injuries after police in south central Ohio say he fired a gun inside a Walmart, striking part of the building.

The frightening scene involving the toddler took place late Thursday morning at a store in Waverly, a city about 60 miles directly south of Columbus.

Officers with the Waverly Police Department said they responded to the business for a report of a shooting and met with the owner of the gun who was still inside the store when they arrived.

According to an account provided by the toddler's mother, her son removed a 9mm Taurus from her purse resulting in "the unintentional discharge of the weapon," police wrote in a press release.

The gunshot, police said, penetrated the ceiling, causing minor injury to the toddler's forehead "due to contact with the magazine."

No other injuries were reported by police.

The child was released to the care of a guardian and taken to an Urgent Care for treatment, according police.

His mother was arrested and charged in Pike County Court with one count of endangering children, police said. Officials did not release her name.

'Responsible firearm ownership'

In a statement on the agency's Facebook page, Waverly police emphasized the importance of responsible firearm ownership and storage, especially for people who have children.

"Incidents like these underscore the need for heightened awareness and safety," the statement reads.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: November 20, 2023 02:11PM
So mom screwed up, was arrested = ban AR-15s for everyone?

Why should innocent people be treated like criminals?

How about these teens killed
[cwbchicago.com]

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 20, 2023 02:37PM
Clean up in aisle “Law-abiding-citizen”!
Date: November 20, 2023 02:49PM
Another non-deadly shooting but not at Walmart.

4-year-old girl in Texas shot by grandpa accidentally in stable condition: Authorities

[www.aol.com]

A child was accidentally shot in the head by a relative cleaning a firearm in Texas over the weekend, authorities say.

San Antonio Police Department responded to reports of a shooting in progress at a residential address around 5:15 p.m.

When officers arrived at the home, they located a 4-year-old girl with a gunshot graze to her head, producing a superficial wound, according to a spokesperson with the department.

Authorities reported to local outlets in the area that a relative, the child's grandfather, was cleaning a gun after returning from shooting range. The gun fired while he was cleaning it, causing a bullet to graze the girl’s head.

What condition is the child currently in?

The girl was transported to the hospital in stable condition. No gunshot puncture was observed on the girl’s head.

The grandpa was reportedly taken into custody for additional questioning.

San Antonio police have not released any additional information at this time.

Date: November 20, 2023 02:52PM
Mr645

[cwbchicago.com]

Two 14 y.o. boys shot for car theft? Is that the new punishment for car thieves in your hood, too?

And, yes, ban guns for everyone.

Date: November 20, 2023 02:59PM
Speedy
Mr645

[cwbchicago.com]

Two 14 y.o. boys shot for car theft? Is that the new punishment for car thieves in your hood, too?

Can we start by banning gun for criminals?

And honestly I don't have a lot of remorse for 2 14 yr old car thieves. Sad they were killed but the result of a long list of bad choices. Their moms are sad I am sure.

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 20, 2023 03:01PM
If she had had a gun none of them would have survived:

Texas mom accused of stabbing husband, driving car into pond with her kids inside: police

[www.aol.com]

A Texas mom is accused of stabbing her husband and driving a car into a pond while her three children were inside the vehicle, police said.

Wei Fen Ong, of Carrollton, is charged with one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon resulting in serious bodily injury, and three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Police responded to a call Friday morning from the 4400 block of Tall Knight Lane, concerning a man who told officers his wife had stabbed him.

Carrollton Fire Rescue transported the man to a local hospital for treatment. He’s expected to survive.

Police officers in the nearby town of Lewisville received a separate call concerning the man’s wife and the three children, ages 8, 9, and 12, who were in the backseat of a vehicle that had been driven into a lake.

All four occupants inside the vehicle were transported to local hospitals. A Lewisville officer had to resuscitate one child and another was revived on the way to the hospital, FOX 4 reported.

One of the children remains in critical condition, while the others are stable, police said.

It remains unclear what led to the stabbing and the subsequent vehicle crash. Neighbors told the station they’d heard yelling and screaming before the stabbing.

Ong was taken into custody by the Carrollton Police Department and was slated to be transferred to Denton County Detention. It’s unclear if she has retained an attorney who could speak on her behalf.

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: November 20, 2023 04:02PM
Mr645
Speedy
Mr645

[cwbchicago.com]

And honestly I don't have a lot of remorse for 2 14 yr old car thieves. Sad they were killed but the result of a long list of bad choices. Their moms are sad I am sure.

Lets ban violent criminals
Date: November 20, 2023 07:55PM
Speedy
If she had had a gun none of them would have survived:

Texas mom accused of stabbing husband, driving car into pond with her kids inside: police

[www.aol.com]

A Texas mom is accused of stabbing her husband and driving a car into a pond while her three children were inside the vehicle, police said.

Wei Fen Ong, of Carrollton, is charged with one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon resulting in serious bodily injury, and three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Police responded to a call Friday morning from the 4400 block of Tall Knight Lane, concerning a man who told officers his wife had stabbed him.

Carrollton Fire Rescue transported the man to a local hospital for treatment. He’s expected to survive.

Police officers in the nearby town of Lewisville received a separate call concerning the man’s wife and the three children, ages 8, 9, and 12, who were in the backseat of a vehicle that had been driven into a lake.

All four occupants inside the vehicle were transported to local hospitals. A Lewisville officer had to resuscitate one child and another was revived on the way to the hospital, FOX 4 reported.

One of the children remains in critical condition, while the others are stable, police said.

It remains unclear what led to the stabbing and the subsequent vehicle crash. Neighbors told the station they’d heard yelling and screaming before the stabbing.

Ong was taken into custody by the Carrollton Police Department and was slated to be transferred to Denton County Detention. It’s unclear if she has retained an attorney who could speak on her behalf.

How do you know none would have survived? In Chicago so far this year, 2800 people shot, over 2200 survived

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 20, 2023 07:56PM
macphanatic
Mr645
Speedy
Mr645

[cwbchicago.com]

Lets ban violent criminals

100% in favor of strict consequences for violent criminals, especially ones that use guns.

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 20, 2023 09:59PM
We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. "More guns" and "more prisons" are failed policies.
Date: November 21, 2023 05:59AM
Acer
We have the highest incarceration rate in the world. "More guns" and "more prisons" are failed policies.

We need to put violent criminals in prison and also reform some of the reasons we incarcerate people, especially non violent.

[en.wikipedia.org].

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 21, 2023 08:19AM
Speedy

4-year-old girl in Texas shot by grandpa accidentally in stable condition: Authorities

[www.aol.com]

A child was accidentally shot in the head by a relative cleaning a firearm in Texas over the weekend, authorities say.

San Antonio Police Department responded to reports of a shooting in progress at a residential address around 5:15 p.m.

When officers arrived at the home, they located a 4-year-old girl with a gunshot graze to her head, producing a superficial wound, according to a spokesperson with the department.

Authorities reported to local outlets in the area that a relative, the child's grandfather, was cleaning a gun after returning from shooting range. The gun fired while he was cleaning it, causing a bullet to graze the girl’s head.

The girl was transported to the hospital in stable condition. No gunshot puncture was observed on the girl’s head.

This just gives me chills. I can't imagine being stupid enough to clean a gun anywhere near my grandkids--or anybody else, for that matter. But, just the, "I almost killed my granddaughter." aspect of this is just awful to me.

I'm glad the girl seems ok. I presume the grandfather has learned to not be an idiot. I hope the parents are much more aware of the potential dangers around their daughter.
Date: November 21, 2023 08:19AM
Mr645
We need to put violent criminals in prison and also reform some of the reasons we incarcerate people, especially non violent.

[en.wikipedia.org].

“Though President Donald Trump was initially skeptical of the legislation, intense lobbying by his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner eventually persuaded him to back the bill and push for a floor vote in 2018. Kushner's efforts included reaching out to the Murdoch family (who own Fox News) to encourage positive coverage, appearing on Fox, securing Vice President Mike Pence's support, scheduling policy time discussions with Trump, and arranging meetings with celebrities like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian and media players like Van Jones to lobby Trump.”
Date: November 21, 2023 09:02AM
Mr645
Acer

[en.wikipedia.org].

No argument there. We use prison as a crutch to avoid the effort of trying to help those who turn to crime. It's expensive, plus there will always be those who do not respond to help, steal or harm again, and then Law And Order folks start screaming for longer sentences and harsher conditions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2023 09:04AM by Acer.
Date: November 21, 2023 10:07AM
DeusxMac
Mr645

[en.wikipedia.org].

“Though President Donald Trump was initially skeptical of the legislation, intense lobbying by his son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner eventually persuaded him to back the bill and push for a floor vote in 2018. Kushner's efforts included reaching out to the Murdoch family (who own Fox News) to encourage positive coverage, appearing on Fox, securing Vice President Mike Pence's support, scheduling policy time discussions with Trump, and arranging meetings with celebrities like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian and media players like Van Jones to lobby Trump.”

So Trump passed prison reform, got it. Trump did a lot of things Obama promised but never did. And proof Trump is not dictator. He shows an open mind to hear ideas from others and willingness to change his mind for the betterment of all Americans.

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 21, 2023 10:08AM
Acer
Mr645
Acer

[en.wikipedia.org].

No argument there. We use prison as a crutch to avoid the effort of trying to help those who turn to crime. It's expensive, plus there will always be those who do not respond to help, steal or harm again, and then Law And Order folks start screaming for longer sentences and harsher conditions.

And stop making incarceration a highly profitable business.

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 21, 2023 10:34AM
Mr645
Acer
Mr645
Acer

[en.wikipedia.org].

Again, with you on this. We had a very high profile scandal in PA of two judges getting kickbacks from a for-profit juvenile detention provider. [en.wikipedia.org]. I can hardly think of a better way to groom a teen for a life of failure than to send to juvie when they should not be there.
Date: November 21, 2023 11:44AM
Acer
Mr645
Acer
Mr645
Acer

[en.wikipedia.org].

Again, with you on this. We had a very high profile scandal in PA of two judges getting kickbacks from a for-profit juvenile detention provider. [en.wikipedia.org]. I can hardly think of a better way to groom a teen for a life of failure than to send to juvie when they should not be there.

I think prison for non violent crimes should be limited. But violent offenders, especially offenders that use a gun in the commission of a crime should see harsh penalties.

Make lobbying a felony. Wait, bribery already is

Biden/Putin 2024
Date: November 21, 2023 12:08PM
Michael
Speedy

[www.aol.com]

This just gives me chills. I can't imagine being stupid enough to clean a gun anywhere near my grandkids--or anybody else, for that matter. But, just the, "I almost killed my granddaughter." aspect of this is just awful to me.

I'm glad the girl seems ok. I presume the grandfather has learned to not be an idiot. I hope the parents are much more aware of the potential dangers around their daughter.

I bet grandfather gives up his guns now after almost killing his granddaughter.

Just kidding…

Date: November 21, 2023 01:36PM
Michael
Speedy

[www.aol.com]

Ignoring simple, basic rules of handing a firearm.

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Smote
Date: November 23, 2023 01:24AM
Mr645
Michael
Speedy

[www.aol.com]

Ignoring simple, basic rules of handing a firearm.

no kidding. My kids learned every firearm is loaded until you personally clear it, at a young age. And no live rounds present when working on, or cleaning, firearms.

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020