advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
Posted by: Smote
Date: November 24, 2023 08:27PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy! Karma is a @#$%&.

[www.yahoo.com]

and it gets better!

"US Supreme Court rejects ex-cop Chauvin's appeal in George Floyd murder" (this happened Monday the 20th.)

[www.reuters.com]

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 24, 2023 08:31PM
It is also the second major incident at the Tucson federal prison in a little over a year. In November 2022, an inmate at the facility’s low-security prison camp pulled out a gun and attempted to shoot a visitor in the head. The weapon, which the inmate shouldn’t have had, misfired and no one was hurt.

Inmates have a habit of running the asylum, apparently.

[apnews.com]
Re: Ex-officer Derek Chauvin, convicted in George Floyd's killing, stabbed in prison, AP source says
Date: November 24, 2023 08:38PM
don't do the crime if you can't survive the time.

and

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

"Defending your own life when in immediate danger to me is a basic right of each person. " Lemon Drop 11/17/2023 03:10 pm

Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) Private citizens have the right under the Second Amendment to possess an ordinary type of weapon and use it for lawful, historically established situations such as self-defense in a home, even when there is no relationship to a local militia.

"The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner." Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Ninety-seventh Congress, Second Session. U.S. Government Printing Office. 1982. Digitized September 30, 2008.

From the NYSRPA v Bruen "Today, we decline to adopt that two-part approach. . . . Despite the popularity of this two-step approach, it is one step too many. Step one of the predominant framework is broadly consistent with Heller, which demands a test rooted in the Second Amendment's text, as informed by history."
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 24, 2023 09:31PM
I hate being reminded that he exists.

I also hate prison violence.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 25, 2023 07:08AM
Say her name

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 25, 2023 12:46PM
bfd
It is also the second major incident at the Tucson federal prison in a little over a year. In November 2022, an inmate at the facility’s low-security prison camp pulled out a gun and attempted to shoot a visitor in the head. The weapon, which the inmate shouldn’t have had, misfired and no one was hurt.

Inmates have a habit of running the asylum, apparently.

[apnews.com]

Low security is sounding more like no security. Methinks someone needs to investigate how this place is run.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: November 25, 2023 12:55PM
But if they'd give all the inmates their own guns, everybody would be safer.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 25, 2023 04:01PM
Lemon Drop

An armed prison is a polite prison.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 25, 2023 04:20PM
Acer
Lemon Drop

An armed prison is a polite prison.

smiley-laughing001

It is what it is.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 25, 2023 04:41PM
Lemon Drop

I, like Mr645 and Smote, like how you think.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 25, 2023 09:59PM
My friend laughed when she read the story and I had to remind her who we are and who we aren't. He deserves to be there. Nobody should be attacked while serving their sentence in prison.
Date: November 25, 2023 10:03PM
that he wasn't in a protected wing/area, is 100% on the warden.

Date: November 26, 2023 09:10AM
What did Derek have on the Clintons?

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: November 26, 2023 09:25PM
Seen on the Internets:

Must be terrifying having no power or agency and someone tries to take your life.

While the state is supposed to keep u safe.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 26, 2023 11:16PM
My friend laughed when she read the story and I had to remind her who we are and who we aren't. He deserves to be there. Nobody should be attacked while serving their sentence in prison.

vis, how do you manage to stay on such an even and objective keel, when everyone around is losing their..

I could and should ask the same of LD.

You guys...

Mad respect.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: November 27, 2023 08:47PM
still 20 years to go ...

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 28, 2023 01:57AM
Fritz
still 20 years to go ...

Yep, I bet he watches his back a lot more now than he ever did as a cop. Living in fear sounds about right for him.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: December 02, 2023 06:49AM
Stabbed by an FBI informant it seems

Biden/Putin 2024
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 360
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020