advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Musk in Israel
Posted by: gadje
Date: November 27, 2023 05:50AM
CNN (if you can trust this network) showed him touring one of the Kibutz with Bibi

[www.cnn.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Musk in Israel
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 27, 2023 08:23AM
Autocrats and oligarchs gonna be friends.

g=
Posted by: gadje
Date: November 27, 2023 08:36AM
[www.cnn.com]
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 27, 2023 09:13AM
Damage control?

CNN 11/17/2023
”Elon Musk has publicly endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory popular among White supremacists: that Jewish communities push “hatred against Whites.”

That kind of overt thumbs up to an antisemitic post shocked even some of Musk’s critics, who have long called him out for using racist or otherwise bigoted dog whistles on Twitter, now known as X. It was the multibillionaire’s most explicit public statement yet endorsing anti-Jewish views.”

A priest, a rabbit and a minister walk into a bar.
The bartender asks the rabbit "what'll ya have?"
The rabbit says "I dunno. I'm only here because of Autocorrect.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Mr645
Date: November 27, 2023 09:41AM
Seems he was negotiating permission to turn on Star Link in Gaza

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 27, 2023 09:58AM
I prefer my billionaires to influence geopolitics by quietly bankrolling elections and propaganda distribution. Nosing about in person and bloviating publicly online is so gauche.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 27, 2023 10:18AM
[www.timesofisrael.com]
Musk started his visit by touring a kibbutz in southern Israel that was among the worst affected during Hamas’s October 7 onslaught, together with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

During the tour of Kfar Aza, Musk was shown the horrors of the Hamas attack, which saw terrorists storm the community and 20 or so others, butchering and burning entire families and kidnapping scores of civilians to Gaza.

Musk said the experience was “jarring” and that he was struck by what appeared to be “joy” on the part of the terrorists in the video.

Following the tour, Netanyahu and Musk did a live broadcast on the billionaire’s social media site X, formerly Twitter.

“The rebuttal is often made that well, you know, Israel has killed civilians also in Gaza,” Musk said. “But there’s an important difference here, which is that Israel tries to avoid killing civilians, doing everything it can to avoid killing civilians. And, you know, there’s not sort of joy expressed.”

Musk also said that “there’s no choice” but for Israel to destroy Hamas, but that Israel then needs to “help those that remain,” likening a future postwar scenario to the post-World War II US occupation of Germany and Japan.

“If you want security, peace and a better life for Gazans, then you need to destroy Hamas. You first have to get rid of the poisonous regime as was done in Germany and Japan,” said Netanyahu, to which Musk responded: “There’s no choice.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2023 10:38AM by Steve G..
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 27, 2023 10:27AM
Birds of a feather.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: November 27, 2023 10:40AM
“Hamas” is Bibi’s nickname for Palestinians and Israeli Arabs.

Date: November 27, 2023 10:43AM
Hopefully, Netanyahu will be out of office and headed for jail on previous criminal charges. Musk should avoid all comments about everything..he's a danger to society.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 27, 2023 01:59PM
What is true is that Musk is not a massive anti-Semite. He posts crap on his X thread all the time. This one post does not define who he is.

I find the over-reaction to Musk by media (MSM and social) to be so out-sized that I try to ignore it all.

His visit to Israel makes it very difficult for MSM to say he is an anti-Semite.

Anyway, this is all rather absurd. Why do people take him so seriously?
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 27, 2023 02:15PM
Musk in Canada...

Posted by: kj
Date: November 27, 2023 05:23PM
sekker
What is true is that Musk is not a massive anti-Semite. He posts crap on his X thread all the time. This one post does not define who he is.

I find the over-reaction to Musk by media (MSM and social) to be so out-sized that I try to ignore it all.

His visit to Israel makes it very difficult for MSM to say he is an anti-Semite.

Thank you, I agree. I think news sources interpret things as negatively as possible, for obvious reasons.
Date: November 27, 2023 05:42PM
sekker

Because many people get hurt and killed because of what he says and what his companies do.

Posted by: jonny
Date: November 27, 2023 06:14PM
Being an ignoramus is no excuse for backing up Nazis. The reason it's a big deal is that this is just a drop in the bucket of the anti-Semitic buIIshit that's going on hourly on Twitter.
Has he taken the post down?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2023 06:16PM by jonny.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 27, 2023 11:26PM
Musk is an idiot. Though he's not an anti-Semite. It would be more proper to classify him as a liberal on most (but not all) points. All his right wing buffoonery is a reflection of his beef with the Democratic party. A legitimate beef mind you, but one as the CEO of an almost trillion dollar conglomerate, he should bury, and take the high road. This is where his maturity is nonexistent.
Date: November 27, 2023 11:57PM
Carnos Jax
Musk is an idiot. Though he's not an anti-Semite. It would be more proper to classify him as a liberal on most (but not all) points...

You can't honestly name any position where he falls on the left.

What are the causes of the "liberal" ...? Progressive causes. Which include...

Social reform: Promotes hate-speech and wannabe fascist dictators.

Economic justice: Union-buster and while he makes $50 billion plus per year from Tesla alone his "charity" has handed out about $54 million in 15 years, primarily to a second "charity" that his brother controls, groups that work to fix the roads to his businesses and the school that he sends his kids to.

Civil rights: History of racism and misogyny throughout his companies and every time he opens his mouth or writes anything.

Environment: No evidence that his car company is any cleaner than any other car company, and the space industry is a helluva polluter AND he's destroyed wildlife preserves and forests and depleted already-tight drinking water supplies for his companies. Just because he's positioned himself in some market segments that are associated with environmentalism doesn't mean he gives a fig about the environment.

Civility: Are you joking?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2023 12:02AM by Tiangou.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 28, 2023 12:11AM
He's no lover of unions, I'll give you that much.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 28, 2023 07:38AM
Is he offering the use of his submarine to rescue the hostages?

Maybe he will call Bibi "Paedo Guy."
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 28, 2023 07:41AM
sekker

He is a billionaire who owns a social media company.

He has an outsized influence on public opinion. And most of it is negative.

He supports fascism.

Ignore it at your own peril.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 28, 2023 10:40AM
It's how a billionaire can get publicity using the old "some of my best friends are Jews" cliche. See, Bibi likes me, come back advertisers!
Let's not forget that Netanyahu is himself a right-winger. Being friendly with a right-winger doesn't make one a liberal just because said right-winger is a Jew.

Posted by: JoeH
Date: November 28, 2023 11:02AM
Musk is more libertarian than liberal, and I do mean that in the negative sense. But his fanboys and apologists keep making the mistake of assuming he has liberal leanings because a few of his goals happen to coincide.
Date: November 28, 2023 11:06AM
Describing Netanyahu as merely a right winger hardly does him justice.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 28, 2023 11:08AM
He was in Israel to personally deliver Bitcoins to NSO so they would stop hacking his iPhones.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 28, 2023 11:20AM
JoeH
Musk is more libertarian than liberal, and I do mean that in the negative sense. But his fanboys and apologists keep making the mistake of assuming he has liberal leanings because a few of his goals happen to coincide.

They both start with "Liber", therefore...
Date: November 28, 2023 02:10PM
Acer
JoeH

I don't think anyone at all confuses Libertarian and Liberal. Elon doesn't really fit any of the labels liberals throw about so prolifically. It's easy to see why it's hard to label him. Heck, maybe we could just support the good things he does and not support the bad things he does, and not worry about a label.
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 28, 2023 04:33PM
kj
Acer
JoeH

I don't think anyone at all confuses Libertarian and Liberal. Elon doesn't really fit any of the labels liberals throw about so prolifically. It's easy to see why it's hard to label him. Heck, maybe we could just support the good things he does and not support the bad things he does, and not worry about a label.

This, 100%
Date: November 28, 2023 05:38PM
kj
Elon doesn't really fit any of the labels liberals throw about so prolifically. It's easy to see why it's hard to label him...

"Malignant narcissist."

Not hard at all.

Posted by: jonny
Date: November 28, 2023 10:52PM
jonny
Being an ignoramus is no excuse for backing up Nazis. The reason it's a big deal is that this is just a drop in the bucket of the anti-Semitic buIIshit that's going on hourly on Twitter.
Has he taken the post down?

[twitter.com]
Date: November 29, 2023 06:58PM
Tiangou
kj
Elon doesn't really fit any of the labels liberals throw about so prolifically. It's easy to see why it's hard to label him...

"Malignant narcissist."

Not hard at all.

"This article needs attention from an expert in Psychiatry or Psychology"

I wonder why? Perhaps because they are hoping an expert can make some sense of it? They can't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 365
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020