advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden says that 'if Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running'
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2023 03:37AM
[www.nbcnews.com]

President Joe Biden said Tuesday that his re-election campaign was prompted in part by Donald Trump's decision to run for president again and an effort to block his predecessor from reclaiming the White House.

"If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running," Biden said at a campaign event in Boston, adding that he "cannot let him win."

Upon returning to the White House on Tuesday night, Biden was asked by a reporter if he would bow out of the race if Trump drops out. "No, not now,” the president responded.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden says that 'if Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running'
Posted by: Mr645
Date: December 06, 2023 06:43AM
The longer Bidens stays in the game, the less time Democrats have to find a qualified replacement and get any message across.

Biden/Putin 2024
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 06, 2023 07:44AM
Mr645
The longer Bidens stays in the game, the less time Democrats have to find a qualified replacement and get any message across.

Same issue for the GQP around Dump, who now claims the many videos documenting his slurred speech is 'AI generated'.

We are seeing age catch up with both party front-runners. Sad, actually.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 06, 2023 08:42AM
Biden has done a solid job in an impossible situation. Still, I would feel much better about the '24 election with another candidate. That isn't because of my vote, which he will get, but because of the swing voters who seem to have no memory and no interest in the truth of the situation. They vote on appearances, and Biden appears feeble. A younger candidate would likely attract those voters more.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 06, 2023 08:43AM
How about an over/under card cage match with Presidents 46 / 45 and Elon Musk / Mark Zuckerberg?

So long as Biden can stay out from under pAB45 I think he can win it...
Pretty sure Zuck will clean Musk's clock.

Losers drop out of the race / donate their social media empire to the public good...

Maybe invite the Senator from Oklahoma and the Teamster's Union Rep who nearly got into it before Bernie settled them down in that hearing a couple weeks back too!

g=
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 06, 2023 11:23AM
Ombligo
Biden has done a solid job in an impossible situation. Still, I would feel much better about the '24 election with another candidate. That isn't because of my vote, which he will get, but because of the swing voters who seem to have no memory and no interest in the truth of the situation. They vote on appearances, and Biden appears feeble. A younger candidate would likely attract those voters more.

yup.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: bfd
Date: December 06, 2023 01:05PM
Mr645

Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 06, 2023 02:56PM
People forget that Presidential primaries are rough and tough and can leave some candidates crippled with baggage that sticks through the general election (see: Jimmy Carter; Hillary Clinton; in some ways Hubert Humphrey).
It's probably better to spend this next year addressing/correcting doubts about Biden than having half a dozen or more Democrats tearing each other apart and needing to start from ground-zero building confidence in whoever is left standing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 392
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020