advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
what, there's a Republican debate tonite at 8PM ET?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 06, 2023 10:17AM
A critical moment of National Importance. It's on the CW a Holiday replacement no Son of a Critch, Whose Line Is It Anyway or The Big Bang Theory reruns?

What channel is the Republican debate on?

NewsNation says the event will air on its website and streaming platforms. It will be broadcast live on The CW network in the eastern half of the country and tape-delayed out West. NewsNation has been soliciting audience questions via an online submission form.

-
The two-hour debate will start at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday. It’s being moderated by NewsNation’s Elizabeth Vargas; Megyn Kelly, host of “The Megyn Kelly Show” on SiriusXM; and Eliana Johnson, editor-in-chief of The Washington Free Beacon.
-

Four Republicans will be on the debate stage, the smallest field yet as polling and donor benchmarks for qualification rise.

DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Haley and Christie met the Republican National Committee’s requirements to participate in Wednesday’s event in Tuscaloosa.

Will Chris Christie ask how trumpo will rule from a cell block?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2023 10:19AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what, there's a Republican debate tonite at 8PM ET?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 06, 2023 01:04PM
And yet the primary candidate has never debated. He has, however, made his intentions clear. If elected, he will make himself king.
Posted by: bfd
Date: December 06, 2023 01:09PM
cbelt3
And yet the primary candidate has never debated. He has, however, made his intentions clear. If elected, he will make himself king.

But only King for a Day

[www.cbsnews.com]

King Dumbf to Hannity

"I love this guy. He says, 'You're not going to be a dictator, are you?' I said, 'No, no, no. Other than Day One.' We're closing the border, and we're drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I'm not a dictator," Trump said.
Posted by: steve...
Date: December 06, 2023 08:58PM
Live debate reaction from Jen Psaki and MSNBC co-hosts at 10:30 Eastern on YouTube.

Jen Psaki and co-hosts of MSNBC's new show "The Weekend" -- Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend and Michael Steele are going LIVE after the fourth GOP Debate. Join them as they break down all the key moments and answer your questions LIVE. Be part of the stream by dropping your questions in the chat.

Who doesn't like Jen Psaki!

Northern California Coast
Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 06, 2023 09:13PM
I made the mistake of watching at least some of it, and it was truly dreck.

None of them would take on Dump except for Chris Christie, and he got booed whenever he did.

Vivek needs to crawl back under the rock he came from.

The same is true for Ron, except 2x. Ron DeFascist indeed.

The only one other than Christie who sounded halfway sane was Nikki Haley, but her politics are loathsome.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 06, 2023 09:13PM
steve...
Live debate reaction from Jen Psaki and MSNBC co-hosts at 10:30 Eastern on YouTube.

Jen Psaki and co-hosts of MSNBC's new show "The Weekend" -- Alicia Menendez, Symone Sanders-Townsend and Michael Steele are going LIVE after the fourth GOP Debate. Join them as they break down all the key moments and answer your questions LIVE. Be part of the stream by dropping your questions in the chat.

I'd watch her do an MST style live commentary!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 06, 2023 09:14PM
Chris Christie and Ron DeSantis got into a heated back-and-forth about former President Trump.

“There’s no mystery to what he wants to do. He started off his campaign by saying, ‘I am your retribution.’ Eight years ago he said, ‘I am your voice,’” Christie said of Trump.

“This is an angry, bitter man who now wants to be back as president because he wants to exact retribution on anyone who has disagreed with him, anyone who’s tried to hold him to account for his own conduct, and every one of these policies that he’s talking about are about pursuing a plan of retribution,” Christie contended.

DeSantis was then asked whether he thinks Trump is fit to be president for another term. “Father time is undefeated,” the Florida governor said, referencing Trump’s age.

Christie pressed him on the response. “Why doesn’t he just answer the question? … Is he fit to be president or isn’t he?”

-

Christie says Trump won't be able to vote in 2024

In his closing statement of the night, Chris Christie predicted former President Trump won’t be able to cast a ballot in 2024 because of the legal battles he faces.

“Picture in your minds Election Day. You’ll all be heading to the polls to vote. And that’s something Donald Trump will not be able to do,” Christie said. “Because he will be convicted of felonies before then, and his right to vote will be taken away.”
-

Christie’s remark prompted boos from the Tuscaloosa audience.

“You can boo about it all you like and continue to deny reality. But if we deny reality as a party, we’re going to have four more years of Joe Biden,” Christie said.
Date: December 06, 2023 10:30PM
Steve G.
Christie says Trump won't be able to vote in 2024

In his closing statement of the night, Chris Christie predicted former President Trump won’t be able to cast a ballot in 2024 because of the legal battles he faces.

“Picture in your minds Election Day. You’ll all be heading to the polls to vote. And that’s something Donald Trump will not be able to do,” Christie said. “Because he will be convicted of felonies before then, and his right to vote will be taken away.”
-

Christie’s remark prompted boos from the Tuscaloosa audience.

“You can boo about it all you like and continue to deny reality. But if we deny reality as a party, we’re going to have four more years of Joe Biden,” Christie said.

This was Christie's strongest moment of the night. Particularly that last statement... he may actually be right, because one point made by Nikki Haley does somewhat ring true: that she would be more likely to beat Biden than Trump would. Dump has just wayyyy too much baggage, not the least of which is his age and his continuing to make disturbing statements about what he'd do if reelected.

Posted by: Mr645
Date: December 07, 2023 06:32AM
Once again the clear winner of the debate was Trump.

When is the democratic party debate?

"he is going to start WW3!!!!"
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 07, 2023 07:06AM
Mr645

History lesson for the (intentionally?) uninformed…

No incumbent president has participated in a primary debate since Ford, 48 years and 6 Presidents ago, and he assumed the presidency only because Nixon resigned; he was never ELECTED President.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 07, 2023 07:49AM
My take:

Haley was interviewing to be the candidate.

DeSanctimonious and Ramasmarmy interviewing to be Trump's VP pick.

Christie interviewing to be Haley's VP pick.

steve...

I'm guessing that guy from Fox whose dad got him a job there?
Posted by: Mr645
Date: December 07, 2023 08:18AM
DeusxMac
Mr645

No incumbent president has participated in a primary debate since Ford, 48 years and 6 Presidents ago, and he assumed the presidency only because Nixon resigned; he was never ELECTED President.

So there are no other democratic candidates allowed to run for President? We know Biden is too old and feeble minded to debate anything. based on funding from Democratic super PACs their best candidate is Nikki Haley

"he is going to start WW3!!!!"
Date: December 07, 2023 08:43AM
Mr645
Once again the clear winner of the debate was Trump.

Why do you continue to support a self-admitted dictator? That's completely UN-American. patriot smiley

Posted by: gabester
Date: December 07, 2023 08:47AM
PeterB
Why do you continue to support a self-admitted dictator? That's completely UN-American. patriot smiley

smiley-score010

g=
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 07, 2023 08:51AM
Mr645
DeusxMac
Mr645

So there are no other democratic candidates allowed to run for President? We know Biden is too old and feeble minded to debate anything. based on funding from Democratic super PACs their best candidate is Nikki Haley

“We won with poorly educated…" "I love the poorly educated!"
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 07, 2023 09:48AM
Lux Interior
My take:

steve...

I'm guessing that guy from Fox whose dad got him a job there?

That sounds right.

Christie needs to drop out and put his support , and funding, behind Nikki Haley.

Her growing hawkishness is hard to watch, but she started that at the UN and it works with her constituency.
Posted by: dk62
Date: December 07, 2023 10:21AM
PeterB
I made the mistake of watching at least some of it, and it was truly dreck.

None of them would take on Dump except for Chris Christie, and he got booed whenever he did.

Vivek needs to crawl back under the rock he came from.

The same is true for Ron, except 2x. Ron DeFascist indeed.

The only one other than Christie who sounded halfway sane was Nikki Haley, but her politics are loathsome.

agree smiley
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2023 08:00PM
Lux Interior
My take:

Spot on.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: wurm
Date: December 08, 2023 10:00AM
Speedy
Lux Interior
My take:

Spot on.

As disconcerting as that is, it's probably a good strategy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020