advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Fake electors lawsuit settled: “part of an attempt to improperly overturn the 2020 presidential election results.”
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 06, 2023 12:02PM
traitors

[apnews.com]
Ten Republicans who posed as fake electors for former President Donald Trump in Wisconsin and filed paperwork falsely saying he had won the battleground state have settled a civil lawsuit and admitted their actions were part of an effort to overturn President Joe Biden’s victory, attorneys who filed the case announced Wednesday.

Under the agreement, the fake electors acknowledged that Biden won the state, withdrew their filings and agreed not to serve as presidential electors in 2024 or any other election where Trump is on the ballot.

The 10 fake electors agreed to send a statement to the government offices that received the Electoral College votes saying that their actions were “part of an attempt to improperly overturn the 2020 presidential election results.”

The settlement marks the first time that any Trump electors have revoked their filings sent to Congress purporting that Trump had won in seven battleground states. Fake electors were charged in Georgia and Michigan, and Trump faces charges in Georgia and in a federal investigation of his conduct related to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Fake electors lawsuit settled: “part of an attempt to improperly overturn the 2020 presidential election results.”
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 06, 2023 12:06PM
treason comedy

One of the fake electors, former Wisconsin state Republican Chairman Andrew Hitt, repeated that position in a statement Wednesday.

“The Wisconsin electors were tricked and misled into participating in what became the alternate elector scheme and would have never taken any actions had we known that there were ulterior reasons beyond preserving an ongoing legal strategy,” he said. Hitt said he has been working with the Justice Department since May of 2022 and he will not be supporting Trump in 2024.
Re: Fake electors lawsuit settled: “part of an attempt to improperly overturn the 2020 presidential election results.”
Posted by: hal
Date: December 06, 2023 12:21PM
I believe them. From what I've read, Trump teams went all over the country recruiting these zealots telling them that their president needed them and that it was all perfectly proper - and they were idiots.
Posted by: bfd
Date: December 06, 2023 12:37PM
Steve G.
treason comedy

One of the fake electors, former Wisconsin state Republican Chairman Andrew Hitt, repeated that position in a statement Wednesday.

“The Wisconsin electors were tricked and misled into participating in what became the alternate elector scheme and would have never taken any actions had we known that there were ulterior reasons beyond preserving an ongoing legal strategy,” he said. Hitt said he has been working with the Justice Department since May of 2022 and he will not be supporting Trump in 2024.

Treason's Greetings!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 06, 2023 12:58PM
Sad that a civil trial is all they get for acts of treason.
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 06, 2023 01:55PM
cbelt3
Sad that a civil trial is all they get for acts of treason.

Yet - if this settlement and revocation of the fake elector claims can help to guarantee Prisoner Number P01135809 is put permanently behind bars, I'm all for the leniency.

Another domino falls. Let's hope it's in all in place soon enough.

Also it may help keep WI blue in '24 and there are only a very few permutations of the EC that allow P01135809 aka pAB45 (because 1 + 1 + 3 + 5 + 8 + 9 = 27 * 2 = 54 which reversed is 45 for the numerologists out there) to become anointed American Emperor without WI.

g=
Posted by: steve...
Date: December 06, 2023 02:57PM
Related news from another state (happened today):

Pro-Trump electors indicted in Nevada, the third state to issue charges

A Nevada grand jury on Wednesday charged six Republicans who claimed to be presidential electors in 2020 and submitted certificates to Congress falsely asserting that former president Donald Trump had won the election in their state.

Nevada Attorney General Aaron D. Ford (D) launched an investigation earlier this fall, making his the third state after Georgia and Michigan to seek charges against the pro-Trump activists who met and cast ballots for the then-president on Dec. 14, 2020, despite Joe Biden’s victory.

WaPo

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Numo
Date: December 06, 2023 03:43PM
They should have had their heads shaved like Nazi collaborators were in France after WWII.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2023 03:44PM by Numo.
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 07, 2023 12:16AM
They got off easy, honestly. Waist-deep in a scheme to overturn a legitimate presidential election; say you were wrong and you’re sorry.

Sorry.

Promise not to do it again? Okay, you’re free to go.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 07, 2023 03:25AM
They got off easy, honestly. Waist-deep in a scheme to overturn a legitimate presidential election; say you were wrong and you’re sorry.

They may as well not even been sued.

Nobody opted to file criminal charges?

and agreed not to serve as presidential electors in 2024

Agreed?

How about prohibited and screw 'em if they don't agree.

Or is that the benefit of a civil case.

I don't believe for a second they didn't know they were wrong.

But who cares.

It's only about protecting democracy.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 07, 2023 10:57AM
so fatty was right, people have been trying to steel the '20 Pres election!

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Fritz
Date: December 07, 2023 10:58AM
Numo
They should have had their heads shaved like Nazi collaborators were in France after WWII.

they should have their balls shaved with a Stanley.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: gabester
Date: December 07, 2023 04:06PM
Fritz
Numo

they should have their balls shaved with a Stanley.

Nah - use a bic pen!

g=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020