advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
More comedy: Texas GOP shocked, SHOCKED! to learn…
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 09, 2023 07:52AM
…the 2020 election wasn’t stolen, and now they’re (I am being serious here) suing their go-to GOP law firm that they retained to prove it and litigate it ‘cause the @#$%& has hit the fan.

The Republican Party of Texas is suing a lawyer who helped write the state’s recent election reform law and who they claim duped several former Republican candidates into believing they could prove voter suppression in Harris County.

“Duped”. Other people might look at this and, y’know, say they were just telling their clients what they wanted to hear and were already convinced of.

The new complaint alleges attorney Elizabeth Alvarez lied to 17 candidates that her firm had prepared a “data model” that would have shown that “more than 40,000 voters were suppressed.”

That model “never existed and Defendants were not able to put forth even a scintilla of evidence,” the suit states.

No! Say it ain’t so! You mean the election wasn’t stolen? Oh my God, our lawyer LIED to us, says the Texas GOP.

smiley-laughing001

[Defendant lawyer] Alvarez is a prominent election attorney in GOP circles and was instrumental in helping Republican state lawmakers craft a controversial election reform law in 2021 that outlawed 24-hour and drive-thru voting and spurred Democrats to flee to Washington, D.C. to try and derail its passage.

That was then. This is now.

Alvarez is the former vice chair of the Dallas County Republican Party. She also serves on the board of the conservative American Civil Rights Project, which she was leading in 2015 when the group unsuccessfully sued Dallas County commissioners alleging they discriminated against white voters.

Yep, that definitely happens in today’s Texas. RollingEyesSmiley5 Poor white Republicans - everyone is out to disenfranchise them.

Dear God. What a flipping freak show the GOP has become. Why? WHY?

Alvarez said the party stopped paying her and Gray for their work around February or March and still owes them in the ballpark of a “couple hundred thousand” dollars.

Oh. Well, I guess stiffing your contractors, friends and lawyers is all the rage now in the GOP.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: More comedy: Texas GOP shocked, SHOCKED! to learn…
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 09, 2023 09:45AM
It’s how you get away with not paying your lawyers.

GQP parties in various states are going bankrupt because the Trump grift train is stealing their money. Yay…
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 09, 2023 12:43PM
Gosh, hard for me to cheer either side in this case so I’ll cheer on both sides. Put me on the jury and I’ll find for the plaintiffs and award $1.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 09, 2023 12:51PM
Speedy
Gosh, hard for me to cheer either side in this case so I’ll cheer on both sides. Put me on the jury and I’ll find for the plaintiffs and award $1.

But hit them with court costs. wink smiley

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias

The German word for contraceptive is “Schwangerschaftsverhütungsmittel”. By the time you finished saying that, it’s too late
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 10, 2023 01:31PM
"Let them fight"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020